University of Alabama at Birmingham Top Questions

Although a lot of the classes are larger in size, the professors knew my name. It is a matter of whether or not you take the time to introduce your self to them. I have also been in very small classes and never spoken to the professors. All in all, the professors are very accessible and happy to help you. The academic program at UAB is kind of tedious, but in the end you will have a greater knowledge base and will be more prepared for grad school or professional school. I think that academically UAB is a very competitive school, but in the end that helps to prepare students for the real world, where they will have to compete for jobs.

Courtney

Most classes have around 30 students. There are a few classes that are very large but only a few. All of my professors know me by name. There are many different majors offered here so you will find what you're looking for.

Jana

The academics at UAB are taken very seriously. Particularly the science and math courses are quite challenging. The rigorous classes do help to better prepare you for professional schools though.

Academics at UAB are very rigorous. Professors here know their stuff, and they expect students to prepare adequately to participate in class. In-class discussions have fueled the majority of my college education. From honors courses to English courses to Spanish courses, I've been required to speak at length on topics, which made me an expert in the field when I came out of the class. It's truly a great feeling to be able to talk at length about something academic and know that you know what you're talking about. UAB had an awful lot to do with that, as far as English, Spanish, and general social sciences go.