University of Alabama at Birmingham

« See more reviews of University of Alabama at Birmingham

The best thing University of Alabama-Birmingham has to offer is its diversity. The diverse student body is what makes the campus comfortable for anybody regardless of their background. Every student on campus will find somebody with the same lifestyle as them as well as the opposite. The diverse setting makes it a learning environment outside the campus as well as inside. While you learn about academic studies in the classroom, the University of Alabama- Birmingham will require you to learn about other cultures and way of thinking which is something everyone appreciates and makes the campus unique.

The best thing about my school is the variety of experiences it gives each student. UAB is located in the center of many cities including Hoover, Five Points, Mountain Brook, Homewood, and Vestavia. But even in this large city, there are so many quiet places to relax at. There are many historic sites, parks, and attractions to visit. This University is also very diverse. So there are many different cultures to learn about. UAB also has a large selection of majors and schools to attend so there is something for everyone. UAB is the perfect college for anyone!

Th ebest thing about the University of Alabama at Birmingham is that it offers such a diverse learning environment. We have many students and professors from other countries, and offer many study away programs. I enjoy meeting these people and learning about what the rest of the world has to offer. We have the highest number of exchange students in all of Alabama, and it has offered a first hand look at what life is like in countries that we have never visited. I commend UAB for offering great programs so others will come here to pursue an education.

The best thing about my school I would have to say is their library, and within the library the writing center. The writing center was amazing when I needed to use it. The school really trys to help students succeed when they have a weakness in writing. The people that work there are devoted to trying help you make a difference so we can do amazing things in our english class. They never juded you when it came to your writing. Even if it was the worst thing they saw they would just kindly say we should try rewording this.

The University of Alabama at Birmingham attracts students from all types of backgrounds, ethnicities and career fields of interest. The great thing about it is the diversity in itself. The University is known for this fact and completely embraces it. For the state of Alabama UAB is one of, if not the best place to get a real-world college experience. Although it is not the most tightly-knit family, it is the place that sort of brings all types of people together to form a community of minds.

The best thing about my school is that the faculty and health advisors are willing to help the students out in any way possible about their career goals. If students really do the work and are focused, they can achieve their goals easily because the faculty is here to help. For me, college is an adventure and to realize what it is that once wants to do in life and that is why with the help of advisors, my future is bright. I would say that this is the best thing about my school.

The best thing about the University of Alabama is the location. We are in the heart of downtown so the possibilities for hangouts are endless. We also receive a passport book that guarantees students one free entry into museums, art centers, and historical sites to learn a little bit more about the rich history of Birmingham. There are pleny of places to go in walking distance because the school is surrounded by so many business and food places so you never run out of things to do.

The best thing about the Univerisity of Alabama at Birmingham is its diversity. The diversity of UAB makes everyone comfortable. You are exposed to many different cultures and traditions outside of your comfort zone which is good because once you graduate from college and enter the "real world" everyone is not like YOU. When you enter the work force or which ever career field you choose, everyone will not be the same, and graduating from UAB would have prepared you for this.

The diversity here is amazing. In addition to the vast variety of cultures and identities you will meet, there are many career opportunities available for people serious about an education in their respective fields. The professors here are very professional and well-known experts, and it is also a very affordable and accessible university for people from all walks of life concerning age, racial identity, gender identity, sexual orientation and so forth.

The best thing about UAB is the location. Birmingham is right in the middle of everything--Five Points South is for partiers, and the Alys-Stephens Center is right on campus (students get huge discounts to go to concerts). There is a heavy music scene, underground and otherwise. And if you're Christian, you're right next to some of the biggest movements around--check out the Basement!