Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Erica

I would tell myself not to care what others thought about me and to try my hardest regardless of what they say. Its okay to stay in on a Friday night and study. Learn how to study efficently now because if you wait until college, you'll fail. Accept that you're not going to stay in touch with old friends the way you are used to, but that you'll meet even better friends in college, and that the friends you make will probably be able to help you with classes so don't be afraid to ask for help. Use your time wisely, you have less of it than you think. Don't skip class, yeah you'll want to, probably everyday, but don't! You'll likely miss the most important thing that will be on the exam and be utterly lost. Just go to class. Most importantly, have fun. Yes, classes are important because your career depends on it, but this is college. Make lots of friends, go out, join clubs and orginizations, go Greek, become a leader. Just go out there and make memories, it'll be worth it. Have fun and gain knowledge

Students who are not willing to study and learn on their own will not do well here.

That many of the professors expect you to be knowledgable about a subject in an intro class. To me, the professor is there to teach you about the subject not for you to learn it all on your own and hope to catch up with them.

Jay

Engineering and hockey. UAHuntsville is a very big engineering hub, and we have a very good hockey team

Advice I would give to my high school senior self is to not stress as much. I would tell myself to have more self confidence in everything that I do in my college career. College is a very big step and the first step is always the hardest. Its a completely new lifestyle; you will meet new people, face new challenges, and deal with new day to day obstacles. I would tell myself to not procrastinate on my assignments, as oftentimes in college it will come back and hit you hard. Most importantly I would tell myself to not worry about the past or the future, and focus on the now. College is intimidating, but you need not to worry about what you will become. You should strap yourself in; you are already on the rollercoaster. All thats left to do is enjoy the ride.

My job. I have met many interesting people through my job, including my boss, our directors, and I have a personal relationship with the dean of students. I feel very blessed to have a job that I love doing.

Meghan

There would be a lot that I would tell myself, but there are two major pieces of advice I would have pushed. First, foster lasting friendships. I moved halfway across the country after high school and I only see the lives of the people I graduated with on Facebook. I congratulate them on accomplishments and occasionally like a song they post or a sarcastic comment, but that is the extent of our contact. It's slightly depressing, but I was more focused on school work and my boyfriends. Which brings me to my next piece: focus on yourself rather than Mr. Boyfriend. Because I craved love and affection, I sacrificed my commitments to extracurriculars like cheerleading and speech team to spend time with the boys I was in love with. I have only recently understood that its unhealthy to put aside your desires completely for someone else. I abandoned my teammates and friends when I should have really participated and socialized more. Maybe invite Mr. Boyfriend to competitions, or have him help practice, or even more crazy, do something alone! I am actively applying my own advice today, so it would have been drastically influential then.

Victoria

One of the main things that made UAH unique was its outstanding nursing program. I am planning on getting my bachelor's in nursing, so UAH was one of my top picks. The other unique aspect about UAH is that it is about 20 minutes away from my house, easy driving distance, and freshman are not required to live in the dorms. Therefore, I was able to save a lot of money by staying with my parents and commuting, as many of the other students do.

First of all, I would tell myself to get a job. Now. Don't wait, and don't think you can just come up with the money somehow. The fees and book expenses will drain you quickly, so you need to be saving as much money as you can right now. Also, you should focus more on volunteering and community service, especially with medically-based organizations. The more experience you can get in your intended major, the better and easier it will be for you. Futhermore, treasure the time you have in high school right now with your classmates. Next year you will hardly see them, and it's better to have fun memories rather than sad memories. Lastly, learn how to make your own schedule. Next year, your head will be spinning so much with everything that needs to be done that even a little bit of structure will help. Plan when you will study, work out, read the Bible, or do anything else important. Do all of these things I have told you to, and you will have a much better and less stressful freshman year and a better college experience as a whole.

Academically, UAH is outstanding, with one of the best engineering and nursing programs. However, for people who are wanting to have a career as an athlete, UAH is not the school to attend. Many of their sports programs are very good, but for someone who wants to possibly play professionally, I would recommend they attend another school.

John

The classmates at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) are very intelligent, easy to get along with, and diverse. The student body consists of many students that have traveled from around the world to attend school there. Every person I've met at UAH has been very intelligent, and determined to do their best at the school. Most of the students here are future scientists and engineers. Everyone at UAH that I have come in contact with has been friendly.

I would tell myself that make sure you have a plan on what to do, or somewhat of a plan. However, be dynamic and make sure that you make room for that plan to change. You're are just eighteen years old, and in high school you are still having to ask permission to go to the bathroom. Now you are having to choose what you want to be for the rest of your life. Do not stress so much about it, its okay to make mistakes, just make sure you find something you absolutely love doing, set a goal or goals for yourself, and then work your tail off to accomplish those goals. Never give up on your dreams, no matter the obstacles, stick it out and become anything you set your mind to become. Also, remember that making mistakes is part of living. After you get knocked down, get right back up, and keep going. Do not forget to stop and help those who need you along the way, because you never know when you may need them. Make mistakes, learn from them, and live your life to the absolute fullest!

A person who plans to become a research scientist, a geneticist, an engineer, a med student, a business student, or a foreign relations student should come to UAH for ample oppurtunities in those degrees. Those degrees are what stick out most in my mind at UAH, because they have great programs in all the above. Also, UAH is located right next door to Research Park in Huntsville which has hundreds of job oppurtunities literally right across the street.

Connor

Pay attention, work hard now, earn scholarship money while in high school, take classes that will earn college credit while in high school, don't wait till the last minute to do things! Mom and dad, your teachers and counselors really do know what they're talking about - LISTEN! If I could do it over, I would work harder and smarter before I got to college!

Rebecca

Don't be afraid to try new things! Get out there! Don't let anything or anyone hold you back! If you want to succeed in your studies you have to put in the time to study. You will learn how to balance fun and school work. Ultimately the decisions you make about school and life affect you, no one else but yourself, you have to live with your decisions and you are the one that has to make them for yourself!

Brea

The best thing about my school is the free stuff students receive. They give out free sunglasses, t-shirts, and school paraphenelia on a daily basis. Free tutoring is also available fo rstudents who struggle in their classes.

I wish I had known to apply for more scholarships than I actually did. I paying for that right now, financially and regretfully!

Jordan

Hey, Jordan. Here's a little advice for your future. Don't stress so much about boys or whose popular, or not, or on how much you weigh. Don't put too much stock in what you or others are wearing or driving. In the grand scheme of things, none of these things will make you who you are meant to be. Just make friends with those who are worth it, date just for the fun of it, wear what suits your fancy and DRIVE CAREFULLY!! Be open to receive criticism and praise, both will be of much use in years to come. And, no, your parents aren't as dumb as you think. They will actually come in very handy one day. Look to God for any and all of life's questions. He knows the answers better than anyone. Love with all your heart. You may get hurt, but it truly is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Most of all, love yourself. You're worth it!

The best part of my school is the diversity. I can sit at lunch and be surrounded by five different people all carrying on conversations in five different languages! Most all of them can also speak English so they can answer questions you may have. It's nice also because they can bring a little bit of their culture into each classroom.

Someone who is very career oriented and knows what they want to do with their future. The cirriculum is quite a bit more intense than the community college I attended before going here, but it's definitely worth it. I like a challenge and you will certainly get it here.

Trent

In high school, like many other young students, I was hindered by the need to fit in and constantly impress others. I feel that I had much more potential and that I could've achieved higher goals had I not worried so much about my social status. Sports and popularity were among the many seemingly important aspects that ruled my high school life and what came as a result, was disrepect, shallow tendencies, and a complete disregard to those that I thought were "lower" than me. I've been out of high school for about four years and I realize now that the prom kings and queens, the relationships, and the amount of touchdowns scored have been lost among the memories of a confusing yet now very minute and insignificant fraction of our lives. Therefore, if I had a chance to go back and talk to the younger me, I would urge him to make more friends in different places, treat everyone with respect, take a few theatre and film classes, and to try to see high school for what it really is; a place we're just passing through.

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.