Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Gabriela

Throughout my education preceding college, I have had several teachers state an identical sentence time and again: "When you're in college, you'll need to know this". Now, after I have been in college for two years, I have come to realize that the statement is accurate. However, I have run into certain things I was not prepared for; the impact of my college experience took me by surprise. Through my college experience, I have gotten an outstanding education, I have learned how to achieve my goals through failure and success, and I have grown into an individual who enjoys helping others and making a difference whether it be big or small. Needless to say, my college experience has been profoundly valuable for my present and future, especially in areas concerning my career and self. For instance, prior to my college experience, I was dependent on others, scared to reach out, and unsure of my abilities. Conversely, I have become independent, bold, fearless of letting my voice be heard, and completely self-assured. Due to college, I know who I am, I know who I want to be, and I know what I want my future to consist of.

Nashara

My classmates are very focused on their goals and what they want to achieve in life.

My college experience has made me a better person all around. In high school, I was shy, quiet, and very reserved. I made the decision to stay on-campus because I wanted to meet new people and to improve my social skills. I am more outgoing and I have developed friendships that I will cherish for the rest of my life. The education is spectacular and the teaching is remarkable. The university is a comfort environment where everyone can interact with each other. I made a last minute decision to attend the University of Alabama in Huntsville, but it was worth it.

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is the financial aid process because I was not clear on whether I was fully covered or not. My advice for upcoming college freshmen is to make everything is covered and be prepared for anything that comes your way. Also, have a back-up plan so that you won't get stressed out during your first college experience.

Caroline

Attending college was a one of the best decisions I ever made. I have attended 3 different universities and would change anything. I have learned the art of time managment, and prioritizing responsibilites within school, work and my daily life. I have had the opportunity to live on my own and learn to pay bills and the daily tasks that come with being independant. I have changed my major several times and although I faced some challenges in this, I have discovered what I want for my future. I am quite sure I have met some of the most amazing individuals, whether they be professors or friends. Meeting multiple deadlines and coping with stress are also some of the skills I have learned first hand, along with how to study and get the most out of my eduation. I am someone who graduated high school and wasnt sure if college was the right choice, and I am happy to report that I now thoroughly enjoy learning. College has taught me that learning is a lifetime commitment and doesnt end at graduation.

The individual that would succeed best at this Institution is someone who is motivated, focused and enjoys learning. This individual should also have pride in their school, and enjoy being involved in schools events and activities. Individuals whom are good at time management and creating boundaries between their social life and academics would flourish here.

The individual that would most likely no do very well at this Institution is someone who is looking more for the social aspect of the college experiance instead of the academic. Someone who is not very social would have a difficult time meeting people. A person who is not ready to balance social life and academics would most likely have a very diffcult time.

Weston

Where shall I begin to describe my college experience and why its such an importance in my life? My college experience is excessively valuable because many individual don't the unique opportunities to experience higher level schooling. There has been a vast amount of information that I have absorbed in this first semester; It has been so fruitful that I can't wait to start my next year. I'm so thankful for this blessed opportunity because without my college instructors to guide my path, I would never have dreamed of an abundant future for myself and my family. At the conclusion of this exceptionally long voyage, I will never forget the intelligent mentors that encouraged and molded me into a successful gentleman.

Sophia

The University of Alabama in Huntsville is not a traditional university. Academia is highly encouraged, but students are encouraged to live at home and save money. Although it lacks in tradition, there are many opportunities for students to socialize and gain life experiences.

My name is Sophia Broussard, and I attend the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Throughout my scholastic career, I have maintained a 4.0 GPA. My major is Biology, and I am planning to further my studies in the field of Genetics. Because of the educational outreach program at UAHuntsville, I was a BioTrain intern at the biotech company HudsonAlpha. I have made the Dean's List each semester I was eligible, and I am a member of the Chemistry Club. The professors at this school are so helpful, and they want their students to succeed. I am proud to attend this school.

I am proud to attend the UAHuntsville because it is very advanced in science and engineering. All races and genders are equally represented and encouraged to succeed. There are several companies that hire graduates from UAHuntsville. Overall, UAH is a friendly and academicallly challenging university, and I am proud to attend this school.

Ciera

My school is best known for engineering and nursing.

My school is best known for engineering and nursing.

I think what makes my school unique is that it's very diverse.

I have learned a lot about how it is to be around really different people and how to interact with them. I think it’s important to attend college because people learn a lot about how the real world works. You learn things in college you could never learn anywhere else. Being in college prepare people for the real world.

Alexis

Being in college has shaped me to be the individual I am today. I had to take on numerous responsibilities. I've learned that your parents and teachers will be there to hold your hand along the way. My experience was a true wake up call. On this journey, I've encountered the "real world". There will be people on my team, but at the end of the day, it's every man for himself. I cannot always depend on my peers to motivate me. I must motivate myself and have the will power to press on.Although people are willing to help me become a success, my future lies in my hands.

The transition will be smooth. No need to worry about being stressed out as a new student. If guidance is needed, it's only an email or call away. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and suceed. It's up to you to get up and do it.

If you're lazy, or just looking for a party school, don't come to UAH. Although we are encouraged to have a social life, academics come first.

Molly

When graduating high school, what I would gain from my college experience and how valuable it would actually be to me, was the last thing racing through my mind. I was to focused on finding the perfect apartment and the perfect ammenities to furnish it with. Luckily, I decided to return home after my freshman year and attend the univeristy in my home town . In doing so, I realized what all I was taking for granted while on my own. The most valuable lesson I can say I will take with me is time management and being aware of a monthly budget! Without these two essential necessities, I would be able to make it through nursing school while juggling time for work and studying all the time. Also, setting a monthly budget allows me to see how much money I have left for me after I pay all my bills. In all, I have gained much more than excitement of making lifelong friends and having the time of my life, I am now able to pave the road for my future and follow through with my goals and dreams of being a college graduate.

The best thing about UAH is it's location! It's right in the heart of Madison and Huntsville Alabama. I live on the otherside of town so it's not to bad of a commute for me

The worst thing about UAH would have to be the cost of tuition! I attended Calhoun Community College for a year before attending UAH and it was less than a third of the price and I feel like received the same quality of knowledge, if not better, then so far at UAH.

The camups is beautiful and the professors want you to succeed.

The camups is beautiful and the professors want you to succeed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would start by telling myself to leave any procrastination back in high school. Deadlines seem to approach faster when you are awake late at night trying to finish a research paper. I would tell myself that I would find love and that it would be from the person that you would least expect. You will not fulfill the promise that you made to yourself about not joining band in college, because after the first few weeks you will miss the feeling you had while playing for a crowd. Otherwise, things will start to get harder and you should take them on as a challenge to yourself where you have to prove everyone wrong. People will begin to notice your strong southern accent more than when you are back home, so wear it with pride and take the time to laugh at yourself every once and a while.

someone who likes more one-on-one time with the professors

UAH (or UAHuntsville, as it is now called) provides a rigorous academic program for dedicated students. Its traditional commuter-college feel seems to be giving way to a more on-campus traditional university. setting However, for students like myself who wished to remain at home while attending school, it was a wonderful place to gain a quality education.

I have two pieces of advice for my younger self: relax and work hard. I know they sound like mutually exclusive statements; yet they are not. College is a wonderful time of life, a busy season that will soon end. By ?relax? I simply mean 'carpe diem'! Enjoy your college years. Don?t rush through them literally or emotionally, wishing you already had ?the job.? Take time to make friends (with people, not just your textbooks)! Relaxing does not mean forgetting your moral convictions any more than it means ignoring your studies. What you do in college does not ?stay in college.? Your legacy shadows your future. Having a hard work ethic sets you up for life-long success. This is the beginning of the rest of your life. College awards, GPA, and accomplishments do matter in the business world. In many ways, such achievements are the only ?line of credit? you have to show future employers. So, live your college life in the way that you want to be remembered, not only as a college student but also as a person. Don?t just seize the day; seize your future!

There are several stereotyps that come to my mind when I think of people who would enjoy UAH. It has excellent and well-known engineering programs as well as an incedible optics program. Many internships for such students are available because of Huntsville's engineering industries. On the other end of the academic spectrum, people interested in the liberal arts can find a small community with a rigorous education. Finally, I believe that those who wish to remain at home while completing a solid post-secondary education would be pleased with this university.

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.