Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Shari

The University of Alabama-Huntsville is a very diverse, motivational, and success-promoting educational institute; therefore, students are expected to study hard and work hard; the admssion process is also very easy and smooth transitioning to make prospective and current students more at ease.

Hey there self! What are you thinking waiting to fill out college and scholarship applications? You have awesome grades and a drive about yourself. Do not waste time procrastinating. Sure school is challenging but most people are trying to scare you into thinking you cannot do it. Once you get here, you will know that you are prepared. The educational benefit you will receive will help your further your education to the masters and doctoral levels. You know you can do it. School can open so many doors of opportunities. Do not forget to study hard and party later. There are so many temptations and extra curricular activities that can distract your focus from your studies. It is up to you to knuckle back down and find a balance between work and play. Enjoy the experience, but remember every year counts, especially to new jobs you will apply for after graduation. I would offer this advice not only to myself but to others as well. College is filled with fun learning as well as frustration; however, all risks and challenges are well worth it in the long run. College can enhance character, competitive-edge, and deliver a world of success.

I consider there to be many challenges and peer competition to achieve success. However, these are stepping stones to overcome and should not be considered the worst things about the school. There are teachers that expect a lot, and there are sure to be difficult exams; unfortunately, no one said that earning your education would be easy. A person has to work for what he or she wants. So in considering the worst thing about school, I'd have to conclude that there are only challenges to meet head on.

juan

Use the tuition money wisely and plan to finish in four year rather than wait and wast more money on one more year of college...

Just the amount of activities present for students. there isn't much variety like writing, guitar, or other sports recreation. the big fault is the tuition cost is going up every year.

Those who like to watch football games. Those who dont take thier degree seriously or classes rather. If they want to be near the beach this college is 6 hours away from the nearest beach.

Rhonda

I am 42 years old. It has been years since my high school days, and I have learned many things since then. Most important is GO TO COLLEGE!! Going to college is not a "scary" thing. Even though you have no money, no support, you can still attend college. Don't worry about choosing a career right now. Go your first two years and do your general's. In two years you will be more mature, experienced more life, and have more of an idea of the direction you want to go. You will have a place to live and can get a part-time job or apply for work-study. And, yes you are smart enough. Be proud of yourself, be confident, you are a young, beautiful lady, don't waste your cognitive abilities. There is plenty of time to work and raise a family. Right now is your time. Be selfish, think only of you and what you want out of life, everybody else can take care of themselves. Go to college, stay up late with your friends, be a regular at the coffee shops, be involved in study groups, go skiing, your only young once.

Sara

I would tell myself, be prepared for big chages that are going to happen in the future because things won't be like they are now. I would say, "Your friends will change, your classes will be hard, you will be stressed out all the time. But, don't loose yourself and who you are as a person. Don't forget why you are going college and what you're interested in. Don't forget that you are the 'change' people want to see in the world. Work hard to keep the connections you have with your closest friends, because they will carry you through your dark days, when you have them. Strive to be better than you are now. Get involved on your campus. Start applying for scholarships, now becuase you will need the money. Oh, and you are going to love Rummy (pet cat)! Stay in touch with Mom and Dad becuase they will always be there!" Thank You :)

I'm having a hard time thinking of people who shouldn't attend this college. It's well rounded, although, it's a little small. There aren't that many students, and I could see some students not being satisfied with the size. Also, we do not have a football team, so that might be a problem for some students.

Some of the professors are too engaged in their research and not engaged enough with their students. I've taken some classes, where teachers can't come to work, because they are off doing research trips. It's good that they are passionate about what they do, but if they can't teach it at a student level, that might be a problem.

Jacoby

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would first tell myself to take the advice of my teachers and pursue a caree in Engineering. I would also tell myself to not take college so seriously and not allow yourself to opportunity to balance your lifestyle. Studying is a great habit and should be taken seriously, but too much studying and no leisure time is not healthy and may cause more harm than good. I would advise myself to be more open to meeting new people and taking full advantage of opportunities to pursue a co-op or intern position with a company in parallel with college studies. This will make the transition from college to the professional job seeking market much smoother and easier than approaching from a non-experience angle.

Before attending the University of Alabama In Huntsville, I wish I had known what opportunities an engineering degree would benefit me while attending Auburn University. After being in the corportate industry for 7 years and being laid off from my previous job, I now realize that having an engineering degree would have possibly prevented my layoff. While at Auburn University I obtained an Industrial Design degree, something that I was extremely passionate about, but being located in an "engineering city" definitely calls for job seekers to have the engineering degree credentials.

The University of Alabama In Huntsville has not posed any bad experiences within my college experience. The only thing that the University of Alabama In Huntsville lacks is a football team.

Todd

The University of Alabama is best know for its' Engineering program.

The University of Alabama is best know for its' Engineering program.

My college experience thus far has been an exceptional one. I have gained knowledge and made friends that I will never forget. What I have gotten out of college so far is a realization of what the real world is like. I must work hard so that I may be competitive in today’s job market. College is important to attend because, without an education people cannot get far in life. If anyone wants to have a prosperous and successful life, one of the best ways to accomplish that is to attend college. I feel that once I graduate, I will be well-prepared and ready to go out into my field of choice and perform well. College has also been valuable because I have met many engineers, which are in Graduate School, that have extremely helpful advice for an undergraduate like me. Being in college also means that I have the opportunity to Co-Op or intern at several different companies. This will allow me to graduate with hands-on experience within my field. Why has college been valuable to attend? It will enable me to contribute to society.

Any type of person can attend this school.

Gabriela

Throughout my education preceding college, I have had several teachers state an identical sentence time and again: "When you're in college, you'll need to know this". Now, after I have been in college for two years, I have come to realize that the statement is accurate. However, I have run into certain things I was not prepared for; the impact of my college experience took me by surprise. Through my college experience, I have gotten an outstanding education, I have learned how to achieve my goals through failure and success, and I have grown into an individual who enjoys helping others and making a difference whether it be big or small. Needless to say, my college experience has been profoundly valuable for my present and future, especially in areas concerning my career and self. For instance, prior to my college experience, I was dependent on others, scared to reach out, and unsure of my abilities. Conversely, I have become independent, bold, fearless of letting my voice be heard, and completely self-assured. Due to college, I know who I am, I know who I want to be, and I know what I want my future to consist of.

Nashara

My classmates are very focused on their goals and what they want to achieve in life.

My college experience has made me a better person all around. In high school, I was shy, quiet, and very reserved. I made the decision to stay on-campus because I wanted to meet new people and to improve my social skills. I am more outgoing and I have developed friendships that I will cherish for the rest of my life. The education is spectacular and the teaching is remarkable. The university is a comfort environment where everyone can interact with each other. I made a last minute decision to attend the University of Alabama in Huntsville, but it was worth it.

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is the financial aid process because I was not clear on whether I was fully covered or not. My advice for upcoming college freshmen is to make everything is covered and be prepared for anything that comes your way. Also, have a back-up plan so that you won't get stressed out during your first college experience.

Caroline

Attending college was a one of the best decisions I ever made. I have attended 3 different universities and would change anything. I have learned the art of time managment, and prioritizing responsibilites within school, work and my daily life. I have had the opportunity to live on my own and learn to pay bills and the daily tasks that come with being independant. I have changed my major several times and although I faced some challenges in this, I have discovered what I want for my future. I am quite sure I have met some of the most amazing individuals, whether they be professors or friends. Meeting multiple deadlines and coping with stress are also some of the skills I have learned first hand, along with how to study and get the most out of my eduation. I am someone who graduated high school and wasnt sure if college was the right choice, and I am happy to report that I now thoroughly enjoy learning. College has taught me that learning is a lifetime commitment and doesnt end at graduation.

The individual that would succeed best at this Institution is someone who is motivated, focused and enjoys learning. This individual should also have pride in their school, and enjoy being involved in schools events and activities. Individuals whom are good at time management and creating boundaries between their social life and academics would flourish here.

The individual that would most likely no do very well at this Institution is someone who is looking more for the social aspect of the college experiance instead of the academic. Someone who is not very social would have a difficult time meeting people. A person who is not ready to balance social life and academics would most likely have a very diffcult time.

Weston

Where shall I begin to describe my college experience and why its such an importance in my life? My college experience is excessively valuable because many individual don't the unique opportunities to experience higher level schooling. There has been a vast amount of information that I have absorbed in this first semester; It has been so fruitful that I can't wait to start my next year. I'm so thankful for this blessed opportunity because without my college instructors to guide my path, I would never have dreamed of an abundant future for myself and my family. At the conclusion of this exceptionally long voyage, I will never forget the intelligent mentors that encouraged and molded me into a successful gentleman.

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.