Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Sophia

The University of Alabama in Huntsville is not a traditional university. Academia is highly encouraged, but students are encouraged to live at home and save money. Although it lacks in tradition, there are many opportunities for students to socialize and gain life experiences.

My name is Sophia Broussard, and I attend the University of Alabama in Huntsville. Throughout my scholastic career, I have maintained a 4.0 GPA. My major is Biology, and I am planning to further my studies in the field of Genetics. Because of the educational outreach program at UAHuntsville, I was a BioTrain intern at the biotech company HudsonAlpha. I have made the Dean's List each semester I was eligible, and I am a member of the Chemistry Club. The professors at this school are so helpful, and they want their students to succeed. I am proud to attend this school.

I am proud to attend the UAHuntsville because it is very advanced in science and engineering. All races and genders are equally represented and encouraged to succeed. There are several companies that hire graduates from UAHuntsville. Overall, UAH is a friendly and academicallly challenging university, and I am proud to attend this school.

Ciera

My school is best known for engineering and nursing.

My school is best known for engineering and nursing.

I think what makes my school unique is that it's very diverse.

I have learned a lot about how it is to be around really different people and how to interact with them. I think it’s important to attend college because people learn a lot about how the real world works. You learn things in college you could never learn anywhere else. Being in college prepare people for the real world.

Alexis

Being in college has shaped me to be the individual I am today. I had to take on numerous responsibilities. I've learned that your parents and teachers will be there to hold your hand along the way. My experience was a true wake up call. On this journey, I've encountered the "real world". There will be people on my team, but at the end of the day, it's every man for himself. I cannot always depend on my peers to motivate me. I must motivate myself and have the will power to press on.Although people are willing to help me become a success, my future lies in my hands.

The transition will be smooth. No need to worry about being stressed out as a new student. If guidance is needed, it's only an email or call away. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and suceed. It's up to you to get up and do it.

If you're lazy, or just looking for a party school, don't come to UAH. Although we are encouraged to have a social life, academics come first.

Molly

When graduating high school, what I would gain from my college experience and how valuable it would actually be to me, was the last thing racing through my mind. I was to focused on finding the perfect apartment and the perfect ammenities to furnish it with. Luckily, I decided to return home after my freshman year and attend the univeristy in my home town . In doing so, I realized what all I was taking for granted while on my own. The most valuable lesson I can say I will take with me is time management and being aware of a monthly budget! Without these two essential necessities, I would be able to make it through nursing school while juggling time for work and studying all the time. Also, setting a monthly budget allows me to see how much money I have left for me after I pay all my bills. In all, I have gained much more than excitement of making lifelong friends and having the time of my life, I am now able to pave the road for my future and follow through with my goals and dreams of being a college graduate.

The best thing about UAH is it's location! It's right in the heart of Madison and Huntsville Alabama. I live on the otherside of town so it's not to bad of a commute for me

The worst thing about UAH would have to be the cost of tuition! I attended Calhoun Community College for a year before attending UAH and it was less than a third of the price and I feel like received the same quality of knowledge, if not better, then so far at UAH.

The camups is beautiful and the professors want you to succeed.

The camups is beautiful and the professors want you to succeed.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would start by telling myself to leave any procrastination back in high school. Deadlines seem to approach faster when you are awake late at night trying to finish a research paper. I would tell myself that I would find love and that it would be from the person that you would least expect. You will not fulfill the promise that you made to yourself about not joining band in college, because after the first few weeks you will miss the feeling you had while playing for a crowd. Otherwise, things will start to get harder and you should take them on as a challenge to yourself where you have to prove everyone wrong. People will begin to notice your strong southern accent more than when you are back home, so wear it with pride and take the time to laugh at yourself every once and a while.

someone who likes more one-on-one time with the professors

UAH (or UAHuntsville, as it is now called) provides a rigorous academic program for dedicated students. Its traditional commuter-college feel seems to be giving way to a more on-campus traditional university. setting However, for students like myself who wished to remain at home while attending school, it was a wonderful place to gain a quality education.

I have two pieces of advice for my younger self: relax and work hard. I know they sound like mutually exclusive statements; yet they are not. College is a wonderful time of life, a busy season that will soon end. By ?relax? I simply mean 'carpe diem'! Enjoy your college years. Don?t rush through them literally or emotionally, wishing you already had ?the job.? Take time to make friends (with people, not just your textbooks)! Relaxing does not mean forgetting your moral convictions any more than it means ignoring your studies. What you do in college does not ?stay in college.? Your legacy shadows your future. Having a hard work ethic sets you up for life-long success. This is the beginning of the rest of your life. College awards, GPA, and accomplishments do matter in the business world. In many ways, such achievements are the only ?line of credit? you have to show future employers. So, live your college life in the way that you want to be remembered, not only as a college student but also as a person. Don?t just seize the day; seize your future!

There are several stereotyps that come to my mind when I think of people who would enjoy UAH. It has excellent and well-known engineering programs as well as an incedible optics program. Many internships for such students are available because of Huntsville's engineering industries. On the other end of the academic spectrum, people interested in the liberal arts can find a small community with a rigorous education. Finally, I believe that those who wish to remain at home while completing a solid post-secondary education would be pleased with this university.

Marcus

My classmates are like any other teens of my age: they are exciting, dull, colorful, verbous, smart, entertaining, and caring...

If I were to be able to go back in time I would tell myself to seek all the help I can get before I entered college. The transition from high school to college is not an easy task because you experince new things, and run into new problems. Majority of the time, we move away and are finally taken away from the yoke of our parents and are on our own. Personally, I was lost when i started college and now as I look back on it, I regret not taking the time to ask others such as teachers, the staff, and fellow students for help. If i would have done so, then my early college life would have not been as rough and challenging as it was to me. By nature, most college freshmen are nervous and confused to the new college atmosphere and are not ready to take on full responsibility of college life. I was not prepared for the stress of having to do things on my own without the help of my parents so, if I was to go back in time I would highly myself to ask for help.

The first thing i brag about most about my school is that how great the campus community is. UAHuntsville is an excellent campus that has an amazing faculty and staff and a rich and warm atmosphere. It's like a second home and I feel comfortable and at peace here.

Miranda

UAHuntsville is a very diversified University and I feel safe on campus. With the world of today, I believe safety should be on perspective students' minds. The staff is always friendly, and willing to help with any of your needs or concerns. The campus environment is clean and peaceful, which helps to keep your mind focused on your studies. There is also plenty of activities outside of acedimics to help relieve stress. Comedians, movies, and bands, will perfrom on campus free for students. UAHuntsville is also great for athletic students. They have such a variety of sports!

High school is so different from college. You may be able to get by with minimal studying or even none, however that is not the case with college. I suggest getting a calendar your very first week of classes and write down all homework assignments and quizzes from each class syllabus. You may think you have a good memory, but juggling five classes and maybe even some part time work, your mind is on overload! My teachers have always told me to work smarter, not harder! Money also makes college life a little difficult. Take advantage of all the scholarships and grants available to you. I'm currently struggling to make ends meet, due to student loans, and well the cost of living. Many high school students think college life is all about fun. It's true to a point, but college is about accepting responsibilities. You are responsible for showing up to class, taking notes, and studying. Your paying for the classes you attend. Start saving and take advantage of all that is offered to you. Make college exciting, but be prepared to take responsibility for yourself.

For the students who live off campus, parking does tend to get crazy. There is always parking available, however it may not be directly by the building your class is in. This means you do have to give yourself extra time to walk to classes. I do believe the faculty recognizes this issue and has already begun the construction of new parking garages.

Camille

I would have considered more career options than I did before entering college. I changed my major, and by doing so it put me further behind my graduation goals than I anticipated. So, I would have selected to major in Nursing rather than History.

The lack of part-time employment. So, if possible save as much money as you can before moving here to attend college.

Schyla

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to wait too long to go back to school. That it will only get harder the longer I wait. I would also tell myself that it requires a lot of planning and time, and that there are a lot of things that are different about being a student in collage then being a student in high school. I would tell myself to be prepared for late nights and long hours of study. I would also tell myself that it will be worth all the effort. I would also tell myself that I will need to figure out what my priorities are now so that later I will have no trouble knowing where I want to go in life.

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.