Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Marcus

My classmates are like any other teens of my age: they are exciting, dull, colorful, verbous, smart, entertaining, and caring...

If I were to be able to go back in time I would tell myself to seek all the help I can get before I entered college. The transition from high school to college is not an easy task because you experince new things, and run into new problems. Majority of the time, we move away and are finally taken away from the yoke of our parents and are on our own. Personally, I was lost when i started college and now as I look back on it, I regret not taking the time to ask others such as teachers, the staff, and fellow students for help. If i would have done so, then my early college life would have not been as rough and challenging as it was to me. By nature, most college freshmen are nervous and confused to the new college atmosphere and are not ready to take on full responsibility of college life. I was not prepared for the stress of having to do things on my own without the help of my parents so, if I was to go back in time I would highly myself to ask for help.

The first thing i brag about most about my school is that how great the campus community is. UAHuntsville is an excellent campus that has an amazing faculty and staff and a rich and warm atmosphere. It's like a second home and I feel comfortable and at peace here.

Miranda

UAHuntsville is a very diversified University and I feel safe on campus. With the world of today, I believe safety should be on perspective students' minds. The staff is always friendly, and willing to help with any of your needs or concerns. The campus environment is clean and peaceful, which helps to keep your mind focused on your studies. There is also plenty of activities outside of acedimics to help relieve stress. Comedians, movies, and bands, will perfrom on campus free for students. UAHuntsville is also great for athletic students. They have such a variety of sports!

High school is so different from college. You may be able to get by with minimal studying or even none, however that is not the case with college. I suggest getting a calendar your very first week of classes and write down all homework assignments and quizzes from each class syllabus. You may think you have a good memory, but juggling five classes and maybe even some part time work, your mind is on overload! My teachers have always told me to work smarter, not harder! Money also makes college life a little difficult. Take advantage of all the scholarships and grants available to you. I'm currently struggling to make ends meet, due to student loans, and well the cost of living. Many high school students think college life is all about fun. It's true to a point, but college is about accepting responsibilities. You are responsible for showing up to class, taking notes, and studying. Your paying for the classes you attend. Start saving and take advantage of all that is offered to you. Make college exciting, but be prepared to take responsibility for yourself.

For the students who live off campus, parking does tend to get crazy. There is always parking available, however it may not be directly by the building your class is in. This means you do have to give yourself extra time to walk to classes. I do believe the faculty recognizes this issue and has already begun the construction of new parking garages.

Camille

I would have considered more career options than I did before entering college. I changed my major, and by doing so it put me further behind my graduation goals than I anticipated. So, I would have selected to major in Nursing rather than History.

The lack of part-time employment. So, if possible save as much money as you can before moving here to attend college.

Schyla

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself not to wait too long to go back to school. That it will only get harder the longer I wait. I would also tell myself that it requires a lot of planning and time, and that there are a lot of things that are different about being a student in collage then being a student in high school. I would tell myself to be prepared for late nights and long hours of study. I would also tell myself that it will be worth all the effort. I would also tell myself that I will need to figure out what my priorities are now so that later I will have no trouble knowing where I want to go in life.

Garrett

The students at UAHuntsville are very diverse, intellectual, and independent scholars.

I would tell myself to focus harder at the beginning. To be more sociable because there are people out there that can help you in class or just to release some stress. I would tell myself to relax that everything is going to work out just fine, and that a B letter grade at my University is a good thing not bad. I would even tell myself that even though your high school didn't prepare you for the math you are going to encounter I will be able to handle it. I just need to focus and stay on track. I would tell myself to never give up on my goals that I will finish and that my dream job will be waiting on me. I just have to play with the cards I'm dealt.

My school is very interested in students feedback and views pertaining to policies and how things are run in the college and classroom. It's willing to work with students schedules, because it knows that many of its students work and have other very important matters to attend to. It's always willing to hear from students and get their feedback on their life on campus. It has a good atmosphere and is just a good environment to continue with education and higher learning.

I would tell myself that college life isn't all about partying and having a good time like the media and people make it out to be. College is a very important transition and step in your life and you have to make the best of it and do the very best that you can. You have to work hard at everything you do and at times you're going to feel the stress and day to day pressures, but if you stick it out the end result is so invigorating. Never give up on education, because it's very much worth it in the end when your walking across the stage with the diploma in your hand.

Joel

UAH has a strong engineering department which is known around the state and all over the Southeastern United States. It is also known for the lack of adequate Liberal Arts programs, sacrificed in favor for Engineering.

UAH is one of the few colleges to have a Russian Language major, both in undergraduate and graduate degrees, when funding isn't being cut.

I would tell myself to not worry about what my other students think of me and concentrate more on my schooling. Try to keep from getting caught up in the college politics and focus on your schoolwork. There are some things in college life you can't change, such as which departments are cut and which ones are given increases, whether it be your department or otherwise. School is more important than that.

Bradley

I would tell myself to hone my study skills. I was the type of student to look over a study guide 5 minutes before a test and make an A. I learned the hard way on why that method does not fly in college. I would also have told myself to look for a part time job. All my money nowadays is tied to my tuition, food expenses and gas money.

Meagan

UAH is very dedicated to academic excellence.

UAH is very dedicated to academic excellence.

If I could go back in time, there are three main things I'd tell myself. First, I would tell myself to hold steadfast to my faith in the Lord. It will get you through when nothing else will. Second, do not for any reason give up on your dreams. Your hearts desires are typically what you should be doing and they are what will make you happy in life. Third, you should know that it is going to be harder than you realize. College will test everything you thought you knew, including your faith and your dreams. The idea "Be true to yourself" is more important at this time in your life than ever before, because the whole world will seem like it's trying to pull you in a million directions. Listening to the Lord and following your heart will always lead you in the right direction.

Any student who is not fully committed to their program of study should not attend UAH. If they are not willing to put in the required amount of work and time, they dont need to be there.

Kaylyn

I would tell myself to get involved in career oriented activities or shadow someone in jobs of interest to me. This would have helped me make a more confident decision about what I wanted to major in because I would know whether I enjoyed that field or not. I would also tell myself to avoid backing down on decisions such as what school to attend or what to major in because of fear of what the outcome of the decisions could bring. If you spark an interest in something, go for it! It's not the end of the world if you end up not liking it. You can always try something different if your original decision did not work out. Also, a social life is very important in college! Academics should be your FIRST priority but you still need to engage in activities that would allow new friendships because it makes your transition easier. Remember, you are not in this transition alone! Those students are just as scared as you are and they too are looking for new friends and someone to help them transition to such a big (and scary) step towards a brighter future.

Someone who is willing to invest a lot of time into their academics. This school is not known for its social life. There are plenty of social activities but most students spend their time studying

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.