Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Whitney

Focused, smart, articulate, and very career focused.

Focused, smart, articulate, and very career focused.

My advice for parents would be to let their students make the decision. I know you want the best for your "child," but in the end, putting pressure on them will only lead to regrets later. Take them to college fairs and on campus visit days. Give them as many options as possible. As for students, pick the place where you feel most comfortable. For years, I told everyone that I was going to go to this huge school. When I visited, it wasn't what I expected. I applied to a smaller school, and I immediately knew that's where I want to be. When you go to the school you want to attend, you will "just know." One small, yet very true, piece of advice: don't go to a college just because all of your friends are going there. Start over! Make new friends and broaden your horizons! It's worth it!

Someone who does not like to work! Or can't drive. We don't need bad drivers on our campus.

Crystal

I would have to say that alot of students make the mistakeof choosing the college that has the biggest social life which leads them to not focuses on the real purpose of school. So always say look forthe school that 1. Offers your chosen major, 2. Has one of the top programs statistically, and 3. provides adequate tools needed to furtheryour education. You will also want to look into it having a good student social lon campus life, teacher availability, and good location(accesible to your needs). Your college experice isn't supposed to be all work of course you want have as much fun as you can(while keeping your priorities in order) and and really find who you are and what you want you future to hold. All in all be of good and prosperous puurpose.

A well focused and level headed person

Sharon

Don't procrastinate. Get things like, tours and applications done early and visit campuses. Participate in orientations and have no reservations. It's an entirely new world, talk to people, be open, try new things, and have fun!

People are nice. Lots of stuff to do, classes are fun and interesting (most of the time).

Cafeteria isn't 24/7, even though students have to pay obscene amounts of money for the meal plans.

Krysta

UAHuntsville is a fun school that also has a tough curriculum, but I don't mind so much because that just gives me a good challenge to do the best I can.

If at all possible, visit the campus to see exactly what you will be getting into. Take a campus tour so that you will know what to expect, where to go, and especially as to what the campus has for social involement. For students, find a place that you know you will enjoy being at that has great social activities because that is the best way to meet new people and really enjoy your campus experience. And definitely stay on campus your first year, it will help.

Douglas

It is a lot smaller than most of the other schools that I considered. It offers great opportunities for engineering students and business majors by partnering with NASA and other organizations to offer internships as well as career opportunities for UAH graduates.

I believe college can be a wonderful learning experience for students. I would encourage any potential college student to explore all of his or her options before deciding where to spend the next four years. They should examine the atmosphere surrounding the university, the attitudes of the professors, as well as the quality of the education offered in his or her field of interest. Once a student has chosen a respected university, I would encourage him or her to get involved. Granted, college is about getting a degree and furthering one's education, it is also about learning to make new friends from different origins in a new environment and fending for yourself in the real world. Sitting alone in a dorm room is no way to enjoy a college experience.

Someone who is athletic, likes a small school, and makes friends easily would feel very at home at my school. UAH would be perfect for someone who is interested in pursuing a degree in engineering, considering the school's partnership with NASA. It also has wonderfully accredited nursing and business programs as well.

Maigan

Go to college its fun and a great experience.

Go to college its fun and a great experience.

I like the classes as well as the extra-curricular activities. The campus is very nice as well.

The dorms could be worked on as well as the university food.

Zachary

Proximity to Redstone Arsenal, which is has major engineering opportunities.

Proximity to Redstone Arsenal, which is has major engineering opportunities.

The best advice to give would be to find a college based on what you want your college experience to be. You want to go to a college that is fun, but one that also encourages education. You can only be a young adult once, and need to live life to the fullest. If you stay cooped up in the dorm room studying and never have a social life, you will regret not having at least a little fun years down the road. If you party every night and never study, it might harm your ability to find rewarding future careers. The balance between the two is made up of time management, wisdom through experience, and the willpower to stay focused on the education at hand.

The housing rules make students move out of the dorms during every break. (ie. spring break, christmas, etc.)

Melissa

My first choice when trying to detemine where to go to school was the bigger party school where all my friends went but after thinking about what would be better for my future I decided on the university of alabama in Huntsville. It is a smaller campus with a big university feel. I am able to focus more on my studies and take part in fun activities that ace provides to the students for free like watching movies on a big screen or going ice skating its always fun. Now that i have been in school for three yeas and see where my friends are compared to me I see that I am closer to graduating than many of them are. I am happy with my choice and wouldn't change it for anything.

Any engineering student almost everyone is an engineering major so you will be able to find a lot of help. Most people end up taking the same classes together so it is easy to make friends. Since it is a smaller school so you get more one on one time with the teachers.

How pretty the campus is and how everyone i meet is an engineering major just like me.

Stephen

It is never early to start looking. Do not just allow your child to attend school in the same town. I recommend your child getting the experience of opening and making relationships by his/her self. Look at more than one school.

I wish there were meal plans with the local restaurants. The cafeteria is too small to handle the student popualation and more would participate in the meal plans if local restaurants were participating.

Some one who is extremely shy and does not like to participate in class. There are many activites always going on, and professors almost always ask questions or require presentations in front of the class.

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.