Huntsville, AL
University of Alabama in Huntsville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Alabama in Huntsville

Garrett

The students at UAHuntsville are very diverse, intellectual, and independent scholars.

I would tell myself to focus harder at the beginning. To be more sociable because there are people out there that can help you in class or just to release some stress. I would tell myself to relax that everything is going to work out just fine, and that a B letter grade at my University is a good thing not bad. I would even tell myself that even though your high school didn't prepare you for the math you are going to encounter I will be able to handle it. I just need to focus and stay on track. I would tell myself to never give up on my goals that I will finish and that my dream job will be waiting on me. I just have to play with the cards I'm dealt.

My school is very interested in students feedback and views pertaining to policies and how things are run in the college and classroom. It's willing to work with students schedules, because it knows that many of its students work and have other very important matters to attend to. It's always willing to hear from students and get their feedback on their life on campus. It has a good atmosphere and is just a good environment to continue with education and higher learning.

I would tell myself that college life isn't all about partying and having a good time like the media and people make it out to be. College is a very important transition and step in your life and you have to make the best of it and do the very best that you can. You have to work hard at everything you do and at times you're going to feel the stress and day to day pressures, but if you stick it out the end result is so invigorating. Never give up on education, because it's very much worth it in the end when your walking across the stage with the diploma in your hand.

Joel

UAH has a strong engineering department which is known around the state and all over the Southeastern United States. It is also known for the lack of adequate Liberal Arts programs, sacrificed in favor for Engineering.

UAH is one of the few colleges to have a Russian Language major, both in undergraduate and graduate degrees, when funding isn't being cut.

I would tell myself to not worry about what my other students think of me and concentrate more on my schooling. Try to keep from getting caught up in the college politics and focus on your schoolwork. There are some things in college life you can't change, such as which departments are cut and which ones are given increases, whether it be your department or otherwise. School is more important than that.

Bradley

I would tell myself to hone my study skills. I was the type of student to look over a study guide 5 minutes before a test and make an A. I learned the hard way on why that method does not fly in college. I would also have told myself to look for a part time job. All my money nowadays is tied to my tuition, food expenses and gas money.

Meagan

UAH is very dedicated to academic excellence.

UAH is very dedicated to academic excellence.

If I could go back in time, there are three main things I'd tell myself. First, I would tell myself to hold steadfast to my faith in the Lord. It will get you through when nothing else will. Second, do not for any reason give up on your dreams. Your hearts desires are typically what you should be doing and they are what will make you happy in life. Third, you should know that it is going to be harder than you realize. College will test everything you thought you knew, including your faith and your dreams. The idea "Be true to yourself" is more important at this time in your life than ever before, because the whole world will seem like it's trying to pull you in a million directions. Listening to the Lord and following your heart will always lead you in the right direction.

Any student who is not fully committed to their program of study should not attend UAH. If they are not willing to put in the required amount of work and time, they dont need to be there.

Kaylyn

I would tell myself to get involved in career oriented activities or shadow someone in jobs of interest to me. This would have helped me make a more confident decision about what I wanted to major in because I would know whether I enjoyed that field or not. I would also tell myself to avoid backing down on decisions such as what school to attend or what to major in because of fear of what the outcome of the decisions could bring. If you spark an interest in something, go for it! It's not the end of the world if you end up not liking it. You can always try something different if your original decision did not work out. Also, a social life is very important in college! Academics should be your FIRST priority but you still need to engage in activities that would allow new friendships because it makes your transition easier. Remember, you are not in this transition alone! Those students are just as scared as you are and they too are looking for new friends and someone to help them transition to such a big (and scary) step towards a brighter future.

Someone who is willing to invest a lot of time into their academics. This school is not known for its social life. There are plenty of social activities but most students spend their time studying

Whitney

Focused, smart, articulate, and very career focused.

Focused, smart, articulate, and very career focused.

My advice for parents would be to let their students make the decision. I know you want the best for your "child," but in the end, putting pressure on them will only lead to regrets later. Take them to college fairs and on campus visit days. Give them as many options as possible. As for students, pick the place where you feel most comfortable. For years, I told everyone that I was going to go to this huge school. When I visited, it wasn't what I expected. I applied to a smaller school, and I immediately knew that's where I want to be. When you go to the school you want to attend, you will "just know." One small, yet very true, piece of advice: don't go to a college just because all of your friends are going there. Start over! Make new friends and broaden your horizons! It's worth it!

Someone who does not like to work! Or can't drive. We don't need bad drivers on our campus.

Crystal

I would have to say that alot of students make the mistakeof choosing the college that has the biggest social life which leads them to not focuses on the real purpose of school. So always say look forthe school that 1. Offers your chosen major, 2. Has one of the top programs statistically, and 3. provides adequate tools needed to furtheryour education. You will also want to look into it having a good student social lon campus life, teacher availability, and good location(accesible to your needs). Your college experice isn't supposed to be all work of course you want have as much fun as you can(while keeping your priorities in order) and and really find who you are and what you want you future to hold. All in all be of good and prosperous puurpose.

A well focused and level headed person

Sharon

Don't procrastinate. Get things like, tours and applications done early and visit campuses. Participate in orientations and have no reservations. It's an entirely new world, talk to people, be open, try new things, and have fun!

People are nice. Lots of stuff to do, classes are fun and interesting (most of the time).

Cafeteria isn't 24/7, even though students have to pay obscene amounts of money for the meal plans.

Krysta

UAHuntsville is a fun school that also has a tough curriculum, but I don't mind so much because that just gives me a good challenge to do the best I can.

If at all possible, visit the campus to see exactly what you will be getting into. Take a campus tour so that you will know what to expect, where to go, and especially as to what the campus has for social involement. For students, find a place that you know you will enjoy being at that has great social activities because that is the best way to meet new people and really enjoy your campus experience. And definitely stay on campus your first year, it will help.

University of Alabama in Huntsville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.