University of Alabama in Huntsville Top Questions

A person who plans to become a research scientist, a geneticist, an engineer, a med student, a business student, or a foreign relations student should come to UAH for ample oppurtunities in those degrees. Those degrees are what stick out most in my mind at UAH, because they have great programs in all the above. Also, UAH is located right next door to Research Park in Huntsville which has hundreds of job oppurtunities literally right across the street.

Someone who is very career oriented and knows what they want to do with their future. The cirriculum is quite a bit more intense than the community college I attended before going here, but it's definitely worth it. I like a challenge and you will certainly get it here.

Todd

Any type of person can attend this school.

The individual that would succeed best at this Institution is someone who is motivated, focused and enjoys learning. This individual should also have pride in their school, and enjoy being involved in schools events and activities. Individuals whom are good at time management and creating boundaries between their social life and academics would flourish here.

The transition will be smooth. No need to worry about being stressed out as a new student. If guidance is needed, it's only an email or call away. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and suceed. It's up to you to get up and do it.

someone who likes more one-on-one time with the professors

There are several stereotyps that come to my mind when I think of people who would enjoy UAH. It has excellent and well-known engineering programs as well as an incedible optics program. Many internships for such students are available because of Huntsville's engineering industries. On the other end of the academic spectrum, people interested in the liberal arts can find a small community with a rigorous education. Finally, I believe that those who wish to remain at home while completing a solid post-secondary education would be pleased with this university.

Kaylyn

Someone who is willing to invest a lot of time into their academics. This school is not known for its social life. There are plenty of social activities but most students spend their time studying

Douglas

Someone who is athletic, likes a small school, and makes friends easily would feel very at home at my school. UAH would be perfect for someone who is interested in pursuing a degree in engineering, considering the school's partnership with NASA. It also has wonderfully accredited nursing and business programs as well.

People who attend this school should be dedicated to learning and working hard to achieve their goals yet open for having fun times with friends.

Craig

I believe that UAH is an excellent school and I would recommend this school to anyone. This school is especially great for engineering students because of our university's relationship with employers in the surronding area. I am a history student, and I am very proud of our liberal arts department. Our faculty is extremely gifted, well educated, and hard working, and most professors seem to genuinely enjoy teaching. So whether you are looking for an education in the "practical studies" or liberal arts, UAH is a fantastic choice.

Everyone is welcome at UAH. There is something for everybody.

A person who is serious about his or her education and willling to get involved with campus events and organizations. This school is made for people who are initially shy or nervous about their college experience, but it is definitely life changing.

Anyone who is interested in the hard sciences or engineering would do well here. The University of Alabama in Huntsville is situated next to Cummings Research Park, the second largest research park in the United States and the fourth largest in the world, granting a huge number of opportunities for internships and cooperative education. This also means that people who attend UAH are in a good position to find a career or obtain a Master's Degree can have valuable work experience in fields related to their majors.