University of Alabama in Huntsville Top Questions

Erica

That many of the professors expect you to be knowledgable about a subject in an intro class. To me, the professor is there to teach you about the subject not for you to learn it all on your own and hope to catch up with them.

Sara

Some of the professors are too engaged in their research and not engaged enough with their students. I've taken some classes, where teachers can't come to work, because they are off doing research trips. It's good that they are passionate about what they do, but if they can't teach it at a student level, that might be a problem.

Nashara

The most frustrating thing about my school for me is the financial aid process because I was not clear on whether I was fully covered or not. My advice for upcoming college freshmen is to make everything is covered and be prepared for anything that comes your way. Also, have a back-up plan so that you won't get stressed out during your first college experience.

Miranda

For the students who live off campus, parking does tend to get crazy. There is always parking available, however it may not be directly by the building your class is in. This means you do have to give yourself extra time to walk to classes. I do believe the faculty recognizes this issue and has already begun the construction of new parking garages.

Zachary

The housing rules make students move out of the dorms during every break. (ie. spring break, christmas, etc.)

Jeff

The teachers that dont speak english well

Katie

The most frustrating thing would have to be that some of the buildings are not really up to date with the rest of the campus. Our nursing building feels so far away from the rest of the campus we all feel like there is not a life outside of the walls of there.

David

Not having college sports popular in the south such as football.

lizzy

It is a commuter school.

Cornell

The most frustrating thing about UAH is the insensitivity of professors toward students. The required readings and work supercede the average time the normal person would allot for studying for that particular course. It seems as though they think that you (the student) have only one class, no job, or personal life. Therefore the required work is usually excessive.