University of Alabama in Huntsville

« See more reviews of University of Alabama in Huntsville

Before attending the University of Alabama In Huntsville, I wish I had known what opportunities an engineering degree would benefit me while attending Auburn University. After being in the corportate industry for 7 years and being laid off from my previous job, I now realize that having an engineering degree would have possibly prevented my layoff. While at Auburn University I obtained an Industrial Design degree, something that I was extremely passionate about, but being located in an "engineering city" definitely calls for job seekers to have the engineering degree credentials.

Before coming to this school I wish I would have known what the dorms looked like, how much care student athletes get, the building environment in which we attend class, and what was served in the cafe. This campus is very disorganized and lazy. Being a person coming from the city to the country , I fell like things are alot slower in huntsville, and i honestly believe thats holding me back from being more succesful. The buildings and dorms are super old. The classrooms make you feel like your back in high school.

I wish that I had known more about what people did around the campus for fun. Students here often just enjoy playing video games and watching tv. I like going hiking and camping.

I wish I had known more about the sports programs before I attended the school, how many clubs there were, and how to use the resources available to me and my fellow classmates.

I wish I had known to apply for more scholarships than I actually did. I paying for that right now, financially and regretfully!

more about the campus life and about the surrounding city

I wish I would have known more about the professors!

I wish I had of known how hard this school was.

I wish i'd have known to play disc golf better

Sometimes it is quicker to walk than driving.