University of Alaska Anchorage Top Questions

Pelalyna

I am currently enjoying it here, therefore I have had no frustrations yet :)

Phillip

I ahve to drive to school in the cold wheather.

Brian

The most frustrating aspect of UAA was the lack of traditional college atmosphere. It fosters a comuter environment that is missing the college life experienced by many small college towns across the US. I attended Washington State University where the college was the focus and priority whereas Anchorage is a large city and the University and its many activities are often oveshadowed.

Hannah

Some professors are not interested in your success

Sharye

One of the most frustrating things about the University of Alaska Anchorage would have to be the food in the commons and such is not that great, and also the academic advisors have been known to treat the students from rural villages differently than those from an urban city.

LESIELI

The most frustrating thing about my school is that several classes that are required for my major aren't available in the evenings.

I believe the most frustrating thing about the school I attend is the ten week quarter system with little breaks. I think sometimes we need a little longer in some of the classes we are taking. If we are given longer breaks I think that we would be able to focus more in class because we have taken the time to rejuvenate are minds.

Shanna

The most frustrating thing about my school is that financial aid takes forever. I am currently trying to get a student loan so that I can keep attending school, but the finanicial department is really frustrating, and it is like they do not know what they are doing.

KATIE

I enjoy UAA. Although, it seems like getting into the nursing program is quite a challenge and can take awhile. I wish they had weekend and night classes available for the clinicals. I assume there is somewhat of a teacher shortage in the nursing dept.

Alice

The most frustrating thing about my school is the fact that some of the forms submitted to the school are not processed. Instead they seem to get lost in the mail or just disappear. The best way to prevent this from happening is to track the mail, but it is a hassle. I would recommend checking frequently to make sure all forms are processed in case they have to be submitted again. I find this incredibly frustrating.

Harold

The most frustrating thing about my school is how many advisors or staff members have told me I can't do something for one reason or another. I've been told I can't do nursing program because I'm a night person. I've been told I cannot learn to play the trumpet since I have no prior music experience and it is not a good use of their time. I plan on showing them that I can!

Alex

The financial aid process.

Marissa

The most frustrating thing about school is not enough tutors to conduct sessions for review.

Haley

The most frustrating thing about my school is that there are no/poor wireless internet connections in the on camus housing.

Tenishia

The upper adminitsrative level employes dont return your calls in a timely manner. You have to continue calling and somtimes never hear back.

kammi

I haven't been frustrated with anything yet.

Joseph

Policies are established but are either unrealistic or enforced randomly by different professors. There is not much of a campus life, and school is seen as just school and not really the "college life."

Melissa

That the administrative building is located across town and not on the campus itself.

Dennis

When an instructor told me that I wasn't important to be in the presentation because my grandpa passed away and I missed the group presentation thing.

Caitlin

Parking.

Carey

The most frustrating thing aobut myshcool is the lack of communcation between departments and processes. There needs to be more communcation and collaboration between departments and offices while including the student. The universtiy needs to be focused on "student directed' services. The student is the consumer and should be treated swith professionalism and inclusion. The student is the reason the university exists... work with the stundent versus dictating to them. The student needs to be an active member of the team!