University of Alaska Fairbanks Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

There honestly is no singular stereotype for this school. From artists to jocks, UAF houses a fantastic myriad of students who seem to form into small groups or cliques, no one group overpowering the others. Go into the school with the expectation of meeting a variety of types; you'll be amazed by what you see.

Natavan

University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) student population is quite diverse, and at the same time there is a strong sense of community among them. UAF students are social and friendly. For the most part, this stereotype of our school students is accurate.

Mary

I think that UAF has a lot of diversity. There are lots of different types of people. So no matter what group you roll with you will always be able to find a ton of people that you can spend your time with. Whether you like to party, play sports, or nerd out there is always a group for it which is something i really like because i've always been into trying everything so it's great to have a ton of different people to meet and hang out with.

Bailey

The stereotypical student at the University of Alaska is either "the artistic nature lover" or the "the science wiz". I believe that to a certain degree this is accurate. However, there are a number of students that come to this school just for the adventure of living in Alaska. UAF offers so much in the way of diverse landscapes, weather, and peoples that the student population is just as diverse.

A common stereotype of students at the University of Alaska Fairbanks is that they are scholastic. Many students take their studies seriously and are very into research. We do have some stoners/partiers, but they often quit coming back to school after the first two years or less. We have a few honor societies at UAF and many student organizations and clubs. Students are also very active and outdoorsy.