University of Alaska Southeast Top Questions

arwin

there was no worst

Taylor

There are limited classes you can take towards certain degrees. Some you can start and finish at UAS, but other you will have to transfer after one or two years due to limited classes.

Kevin

The worst thing about my school is that the recreation centers gym is not big enough and there is no 24 hour access to the gym or computer rooms.

Deborah

The University of Alaska system (UAS, UAA, UAF) does not play nice with each other. It is very hard to transfer credits in the state between institutions. Also, because several required courses are distance-delivered, things cost a lot more. Off-campus housing is virtually non-existent and extremely expensive. Nearly everything in Alaska is very expensive, in general. Financial Aid Advisors and Student Advisors are not on top of their game at all. The overall demographics of the student body seem to be young and middle to upper class wealth, of which I am neither.

Zachary

Probably that it's kinda small, and since it's small there aren't as large a variety of classes available as at larger schools. A lot of locals go here too, so they go home after classes, that makes campus life somewhat slim sometimes.