Lancaster, CA
University of Antelope Valley

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Antelope Valley

lashanti

Antelope Valley was my my first choice in a school for several reasons. I love the fact the you can achieve your bachelors in 3 years if you attend classes during the summer. I like the way your classes are already set up for you along with your books. I also like the class size I feel it will give me a chance to be more hands on with the professors. While visiting the campus the staff there was very nice and friendly to me and i like that they welcomed me with open arms. Being out there I felt safe and comfortable to walk around the campus.

ahjana

I just believe that the university should have more sports.

I just believe that the university should have more sports.

Debra

My current school is in a small and convenient location with a unique assortment of majors that I would not have expected.

Apply for fafsa and scholarships early and do so for any aid that you are eligible to get. Academic advisors are your friend. Make sure that you have your classes mapped out with a clear plan each time. Be certain that your class load is realistic. Proper time management is one of the most important skills that you will need, if not the most important. Keep records of everything and make copies if necessary. Do not neglect sleep. It is also important to take time to refresh yourself and to spend time with friends and loved ones. Ignore the gossip and drama. We need to build each other up. College is difficult enough with classes and unexpected life circumstances without unnecessary drama. Be careful not to get stuck on small mistakes. They are how we learn and they make for good stories later on. Ask questions until you fully understand the subject matter, whether it's in class or it has to do with the logistics of being a college student. If you need something, ask for it. You will be surprised how generous people can be. Many people understand the difficulties associated with being a college student.

Not enough financial assistance available. I am only able to get loans and I still have to pay out of pocket even though, according to my fafsa, I should be able to recieve the maximum amount of financial aid.

LaShonda

I'm attending UAV and the teachers there are dedicated in making sure each students gets the most out of their education. They assist students in making sure financial hardship is not a reason not to attend. They assist you in seeking finacial help to get you started on your career. The staff and teachers made my experience fun to learn.

My college experience has been eventful. I'm 35 and have been off and on trying to continue my education. Financial reasons have kept me from attending. The younger students just graduating high school and those like me trying to find a career are still finding themselves. What I mean is that they party hard and take life for granted. I socialize with my classmates and they make me realize that it was good that I dropped out at the age of 20. At that time in my life I was not focusing on school. Like them I was focusing on hanging out with my friends. Risking my financial aid status. So to keep that from happening I dropped out, went to work, and now I can focus on me and my family, not partying and my friends. I go to school, come home, study, fix dinner, then go to work, come home, study more, and get ready for school the next day. I'm not going to say my study habits are great, I'm still trying to find a pattern. So far I think I found what works.

The school is turning from a Vocational school into a Universtiy. I'm currently enrolled in Health and Fitness getting my AA Degree. I graduate this summer. They will be adding addtional classes, but at this time the class I'm looking to attend is currently not being offered yet. But it is in process of being offered. So I guess most frustrating thing is I'm eager to continue my education, but have to wait til the class becomes available.

We are becomming the first ever university in the Antelope Valley area and I am super proud to be part of such an amazing school.

First I would have told myself to take school more seirously, get better grades, and apply for schlorships. If I would have done all those things I may have been able to have college paid for instead of having thousands of dollars in student loans. I think about what I would have changed all the time. There are so many reasons I can think of but thankfully because of my mistakes I am who I am today. I can look back and know that I did my best in college and I can continue to do better for myself and my famliy. I will be the first one in my whole entire family to graudiate college and I couldnt be happier. My past has showed me things I can actaully change and I have. I can reflect on my past all I want but there is nothing I can do about it now, unless someone invents a time machine, but untill then I will make all my dreams come true and continue my education! Thank you!

The best thing about my school is my teacher, Mrs. Edwards. She knows so much about medical billing that she makes it easy to understand. She also doesnt mind going above and beyond to help when you are stuck. Without her I dont know how preparied I would be to enter the Medical world. She has helped me become a better student and has made learning fun and interesting.

• $0

University of Antelope Valley administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.