You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arizona

Fixed  rate loan

Bree

My school is centered on athletics. We are known for having a championship-winning basketball team, a strong football team, and an Olympian on our softball team. This fuels quite an active sorority/fraternity scene. Unfortunately, my department, the college of art, gets overshadowed and the buildings and facilities are in disrepair.

Location is a very important factor, but not as important as the emphasis of the school. It is important to pick a college or University that will meet the needs of your student and cater to their interests in order to keep them engaged and attending class.

I wish I would have known a bit more about the work load per class so I could have chosen my schedule a bit more carefully. I would have also liked to have been told about the true cost of attendance including housing, books, and meals, and perhaps been provided with more opportunities to acquire scholarships in the process.

Michelle

Most of my classmates are self starters and very focused in class.

Most of my classmates are self starters and very focused in class.

The most important thing before choosing the a college is location and to know whether the student can handle being far from family or prefers to stay close to family and there level of responsibilty. Stick to a school who has several majors of interest to the future undergraduate.

Someone who is willing to learn beyond there course materials and who is extremely responsible and motivated.

Arlene

My classmates here at the U of A are a wide variety of people from all over the world ranging in age, gender and social class standing.

I would suggest that parents and students tour a school before choosing it and finding students who attend that school to get a first hand and real impression of what the school and campus are like. There are many resources when picking a school and it is important that the student is aware of all that a school has to offer. Also, look for a school that has a strong background in what the student would like to major in and if the student is undecided then choose a school with several options. College is a fun and eye opening experience so look at extra curricular activities as well as academics when choosing a school. Being involved is the best way to get to know people and feel like you belong to your school's community!

The worst part about the University of Arizona is that most gen ed courses are taught in huge lecture halls. It is easy to feel like you can miss class without gettin in trouble, and therefore missing important information. Many students feel lost among so many students and it is nearly impossible for a professor to know all 400 students. A lot of students miss the small class sizes of high school. The good news is that there are only very few lecture halls that allow that many students.

Jillian

Make sure that you are happy in the beginning and take control of your situation. If you don't like your room mate then switch rooms immediately. It will only get worse. Talk about date rape and the dangers of binge drinking. Try to find people you can be yourself with and concentrate on your studies. Watch out for junk food and the freshman 15!

I wish I had known that Tucson is not a town which has a lot to do. It is easier to have fun once you are over 21.

It is difficult to make friends at this school when you are from out of state, so be very friendly and try to make friends in the dorms. Most of the dorms are very old and almost unlivable. Do your research and try to stay in a newer dorm.

What's unique about my university is how we are extremely encouraging towards each other in our classrooms. We care about each other, especially being such an ethnically diverse school. We strive to not let learning interfere with our education.

I would advise that a student pick his or her university based on the type of education being offered, and how it is being offered. If there are rumors about a specific university, chances are they are probably true. Choose a university that fits you best, and be sure to visit the university before making the final choice. Parents should encourage their children to do what their children want to do, and be sure to demonstrate there presence whenever their children fall; it will happen to everyone at one point in time. Remember, education is worth fighting for.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who does not take her or his education seriously. We are a university based on supplying the very best education possible--and we do supply it.

CorDarryl

The advice I would give to parents and to students about finding the right college is to search early and to research into the school before applying and look for enough money to support you financially. Another tip I would leave is to always look at academics to be high enough to support you as a career based student.

Before I came to this school I knew I was a minority and I just wish I knew I should've filed for financial aid earlier than when I filed.

I always tell my friends about my grades which are always high. I tell them about my grades because I want them to also do a great job so their grades can be like mine and most of the time I feel that I am an inspiration to my friends.

Jason

I would tell parents to closely observe both the campus community as well as the city community. I would tell students to find a college with a comfortable atmosphere and to research the caliber and compatability of the professors within their chosen major and minor. As a student you need a place to relieve stress and to get the greatest learning experience possible. Parents should also be wary of strechted thin Universities. Money becomes difficult to manage when much of it is going toward transportation. Finally, the most important that both parents and students should look closely into is that you MUST find the University that best suits your major, no matter the odds. There's simply no reason not to; never go for the path of least resistence. As a student, you need to search out that resistance and face it head on to make your dreams come true.

The people that should attend this school should be focused on their goals in life. It is a wonderful place to maintain both a social life as well as an academic one, and is therefore very helpful to maintaining a balanced college experience.

I think the best thing about my school is the atmosphere. It is closely knit and I feel like I belong here. I like the varied landscape of the campus community because it gives you a bit of nature to feel more comfortable.

Julie

The University of Arizona are very well known for their Business and Medical programs. Both of those programs are the best organized out of any other in the University. If pursuing a major beyond these two focuses, the attention you recieve towards your future goals may be minimalized. It is also very well known for its party atmosphere and everything in regards to this is in fact very true. The party scene at this institution impacts the entire school, regardless if you are involved in it.

The biggest piece of advice that I can give is that if at all possible, visit the University or College that you are prospecting to attend. In addition to this, sit in on several classes, stay in the dorms if possible, and ask questions to everyone (including Professors and students). Just because a University looks nice from the outside, doesn't necessarily mean the University is the right choice for you. Even though they may have the program you would like to be a part of, doesn't mean that's the school for you. Research is optimal in choosing the right school for you. One of the biggest things that people forget to look into is the stsudent body. These are the people you will be spending four years or more with, you want to know if you will be able to fit in and be able to experience making life long friendships.

The worst thing about the University of Arizona is the fact that it feels that no one truly cares about their education. When sitting in a lecture hall of 600+ people, it feels no one actually wants to be there, including the professors. The professors are rarely enthusiastic about the topic they are teaching and the students even more rarely show any interest in the topics. This overall apathy towards education is contagious to an entire classroom or lecture hall of and takes away from the college experience.

The weather. The sun is always shinning which makes it hot, yet it also means people are always outside walking around or playing games on the mall.

Apply for a lot of scholarships, and apply early. The finacial aid department doesnt give many opportunities for scholarships after you enter the college after high school, so start freshman year off with as much money as possible. Do not just buget school, and living expenses. Parking, sororities and fraternities and social dues are a major and unexpected hit to your walet.

Someone who is serious about their school work, and serious about their partying. This is a very social campus, with a lot of activities.

University of Arizona administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.