University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

"The Mall & Old Main" Its the center of campus.... you can imagine our campus as a rectangle, with the Mall running through the center of it the entire distance from East to West. Old main is in the center of that and really close to the Student Union which is our heart and soul of campus. The mall is a long outdoor area with grass, lined with beautiful palm trees and bike lanes. There is always something going on or people walking to class, its just a super active area where you can people watch or just hangout even until the late hours of the night. Old main is our first building and our trade mark and if you did a simple google search you would understand completely of what i said.

The campus is a nice mix of old and new with some original buildings dating to the beginning of the 20th century as well as modern research buildings where cutting edge work is being done in a variety of fields. I especially enjoy meeting students, getting into discussions about any number of things and excersing our minds as we bandy ideas over a cup of coffee. The faculty have been absolutely terrific with few exceptions; well organised, interesting and engaging, friendly, helpful and encouraging. The course work is challenging but not overwhelming, thought-provoking but relevant. I really like it.

The University of Arizona is a great land grant college that offers a plethora of degrees in all different fields, campus is extremely diverse and rich in culture and beliefs, research is very important, professors strive to give you the best education they can and are open to new thoughts or ideas, lots of extracurricular activities, many helpful programs such as disability centers, health care centers, tutors, testing centers, etc., a lot of hands-on experience within your field, student jobs and internships, financial aid, helpful staff, renowned faculty, and excited students!

The Univiersity of Arizona is undoubtedly astonishing in my mind. Evidently, it is a public institution in the state of Arizona, and has various areas of study to choose from. It is also a top ranked institution, which clearly grabbed my attention when considering U of A. Despite it's phenomenal academic background, the campus ingrained me to it, it is without a doubt, amazing. It lies in the heart of the sonoran desert, however, to my surprise, it doesn't really portray a "Desert" background. The campus is undoubtedly beautiful, and I would definately recommend it to others.

The University of Arizona is a great place to consider for college, but there are a few things to consider: the institution is research-based and runs more like a business than a school; there is a strong emphasis on social justice and environmentalism; the class sizes are typically large and not always taught by actual professors. Granted, some of these might be typical of a large public university, but the key thing to remember is that this is more of a business than school. Students are not usually recognized individually either, and administration can be apathetic.

This University of Arizona is a nationally recognized and great school to attend for any major you are considering. Many people in my family are alumni students and received an excellent education here. Aside from the beautiful campus, climate, and cultural diversity, the U of A has affordable in-state tuition, opportunities to get involved, and support services resources for students - giving them a great introduction to college life and the expectations of being a student. The University wants all of its students to be successful in and out of school. Go Cats!

The University of Arizona is heavily involved in research in various fields of science and engineering. It is nationally recognized as a premier research institution, and as such tries to involve students at every level to get involved in order to cultivate the next generation of young, creative scientists. They are constantly trying to engage students, and are very receptive towards feedback. This is a very proud university, and succeeds instilling this pride in the students to promote a desire to constantly improve oneself.

The University of Arizona is literally a warm and laid back campus. The buildings and diversity are not what this school represents, it's the students and faculty. I've seen the highs and lows of this campus and nothing compares to the education I got back in my hometown; this school has not only helped me improve in every aspect but has helped me achieve what my parents never got the opportunity to acquire academically. I am thankful each day to be in school and glad to have the support of my family and peers.

If I had to describe my school, I would label it ecclectic. At the University of Arizona there are countless areas of study and countless amounts of different people. Everyone has a different story. Some students come from across the globe to attend the UofA and each of them attribute something unique into the campus. I, coming from tucson, never realized that the university from my own town held a marginally more diverse community inside its walls. That is why I see the university as an ecclectic school.

Before coming to The University Of Arizona,i wish i would have known better about scholarship programs,and how grants and aid gets disbursed.Although after coming here the response from the counselors was overwhelming.Another thing i wish i could have known better is how the grading scheme works,the grading system here is entirely different than from what i was used to in my earlier schools.But now after a semester has finished,i see myself in a better position,trying to adapt with the system here.