University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

Oh la la! The students at the University of Arizona are amazing! Of course, you have many students who come for a year or two, they may choose a major or not, and then they eventually drop out. But, you also have an eclectic mix of students the University. We have a large Sorority and Fraternity presence, as well as student athletes, but if you take a second glance, you'll start to notice the differences - the hipsters, the artists, the media arts students (maybe?). The point is that anyone can find a place at the University of Arizona. We aren't necessarily considered a 'hippy' University, like Northern Arizona University, but it's still good to come with an open mind - you may just like what you find!

For the most part Greek life is not very diverse but outside of Greek life there is alot of racial and religious differences. I believe that anyone could find a club about their interests or religions. I would say that everyone interacts with others and I have not personally heard of any recent conflicts with race, gender, or religion. Most U of A students are from Arizona, California, and Illinois. Most student I know come from average to above average income families but I know that there is a good diversity on campus. Student are active in politics and there are always tents on the mall representing different groups and trying to get kids involved in their government.

The classroom experience at the University of Arizona can be summarized in one word: diversity. On campus, you will encounter students from all walks of life, religions, nationalities and interests. The school has thriving academic and research programs, very strong student activities and clubs, and Greek life, all of which are offered to students of every background. This leads to a constructive and holistic learning environment because students are exposed to differing cultures, opinions and viewpoints. This harbors understanding and broadens the students thought process, as they learn to appreciate variety, and everyone's place contributing to the whole.

The University of Arizona is extremely diverse. I was blown away with the uniqueness of everyone on campus. I know several people in every class, nationality, sexual orientation and religious belief. And there are multiple clubs and groups for each classification. There is a way for every single student to feel connected. And people of all backgrounds interact with each other frequently and build friendships. Most of the students seem to be from Arizona and thus there is a large white and a large latino population. There is also a growing asian population on campus. Most students tend to be from the middle class and have a slightly liberal political view.

Have i ever felt out of place at my school??? NO! you wear your red arizona gear and you fit in anywhere!!! If there were a few different groups at school the main ones at the school would be the same you would find at any school really... The greek life frat/sorority kids Smart stay home and study smart and social completely social partying it up and then the rest a small mix At Eller theres lots of career fairs that gear you toward getting out in the real world and getting a job, they might not tell you what your going to earn cause its always different for people but thats the same for any business school I would think

Its impossible to really describe the students at Arizona with just one type of person. We have people from all walks of life. Students come from all over the world too. We have a range of people who come from very wealthy financial backgrounds to not as wealthy. Some students are active and some are not. Its pretty relaxed environment too. We all know that going to class isn't the most exciting thing people look forward to in the day so no one expects you to dress up. There are hundreds of clubs and organizations that cover a wide range of interests. With over 30,000 students you get a really diverse student body.

My colleagues have a strong sense of camaraderie. We support eachother in our endeavors, attend eachother's lectures, and always discuss relevant topics to our research. Within the diversity of our collegiate research, we always respect eachother's point of view, and share common threads that run through our current academic endeavors. We got together this year, through our Art History Graduate Student Association, and held a fundraiser auction to support our symposium that is coming up this spring. I sold one painting during the auction to my professor Dr. Widdifield. I work among great and bright young scholars.

Students here at the University of Arizona are highly motivated and dedicated to their studies. There are obviously some students who put academics on the backburner and focus on partying, but these students are far outnumbered by those who want to achieve success in college. Since the first year conisists of general education courses, I am in the classroom with a variety of students who are pursuing many different majors. I find this aspect of freshman year helpful in the sense that I am grouped with a variety of classmates who come from many different backgrounds and beliefs.

The student body is very diverse. With nearly 36% of the student body as minorities, the University of Arizona is one of the most diverse campuses in the nation. The University of Arizona is one of the most wheelchair accessable campuses in the nation and provides many sevices to those in wheelchairs. The student body is involved in many different aspects. 10% of the student body is involved in Greek Life and. People come from all over the world to attend the University of Arizona. With some of the highest ranking academic programs, the UA attracts many top ranked students.

I would describe my classmates as being beautifully balanced. Growing up in a small town I never really understood the importance of diversity, but after attending the University of Arizona i?m more aware of how the differences in people make the world so perfectly uniform. Each and every single person brings not only an inspiring new face for the world to see, but also a new culture, an opinion, a stand, an outlook and mostly importantly a difference. I have learned that each new person brings a new opportunity to grow and learn more about yourself.