University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

Academically, our school is known for it's Mars Rover mission and it's Aerospace, Mechanical, Optical, and Computer engineering programs that helped build the rover. The university also excels in business with one of the top programs in the country, and with its medical/nursing program that trains students right on campus at the University Medical Center. Non-acedemically, Arizona is known for its warm weather, chill social atmosphere, and numerous parties. Many students here come to the University just to continue school, get away from parents, and enjoy life. The academic focus gets lost frequently.

On the surface the University of Arizona is known for its well rounded academic success and its hot climate. However when observing the campus closer many different layers are exposed. The school pride the Arizona Wildcats have is exceptional. There is never a game where the stands arent packed with screaming fans, painted faces, and foam fingers. Students are constantly on campus and run almost every aspect of it. There are student workers, organizations, and of course, Greek Life. The University of Arizona is known for all of these aspects, all making the students sucessful in their future endeavors.

The university is best known for its advanced and specialized fields. In particular, my school is well known for its medical field. My specific program of study, "Speech, Language and Hearing Sciences", is ranked fifth in the nation for the fields of Speech Pathology and Audiology. The school is research based, meaning they want their students to be very "hands-on" and participate in independent studies where they have an active role in the field of work that they will pursue after graduating. This interactive model, joined with a highly developed education, fosters a multi-faceted learning experience.

The university of Arizona I best known for its Science. From space study to pharmacy and medicine all are very well known throughout the country. In addition the university has very prestige business, theater, and law schools. All of the academic aspects of the school are highly know for and wonderful. In addition to the academics aspects, Arizona is well known for its sports programs such as basketball along with its campus involvement. The campus involvement can stretch to clubs and greeklife to a weekly bible study or inturmural sports team. The school is just so diverse and well-rounded.

The University of Arizona is best known for our basketball program. Though I, myself, am not particularly knowledgeable about basketball, it is a very well-known program that attracts a significant amount of national and international attention. Many players from the U of A Basketball program are recruited to the NBA during or following their undergraduate education. Additionally, the U of A is known for its innovation in medicine and science. Recently, the University of Arizona Medical center received attention for saving Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords after she was shot in the head.

The University of Arizona has so many outstanding programs that I would never have the patience to list all of them off. To be more time friendly, I'll just list off all the recent first place achievements. First off, the Eller college of management snagged a number one spot for entrepreneurship. UA is also the proud parent of the nation's top department of philosophy. Agriculture, management information systems, plant pathology, and composition, rhetoric and writing are all considered first place doctorate programs in the United States. The bottom line: University of Arizona does work!

The University of Arizona is probably best known for the Pre-med programs it offers to prospective doctors, researchers, biologists, etc... The program is really not competitive, but the University ensures that classes are taught in the most difficult way to learn something, even is the concept is basic, so that the student is able to remember in the long-run. While this may sound terrible, the serving purpose in the prerequisite courses is to effectively "weed-out" students who are not a serious about the career. While not as heavily practiced, the technique is common in other majors.

My school is known for being the first university to exist in Arizona, founded in 1885. It is the only Medical School in Arizona that grants out a M.D degree. We are awarded more NASA grants than any other university nationally and our students led NASA's 2007-2008 mission to Mars. UA is a member of the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy and the Association of American Universities. Researchers are now currently building the world's most advanced telescope known as the Giant Magellan Telescope, producing images 10x sharper thanthe Earth orbiting Hubble Telescope.

There are so many great things associated with the University of Arizona, but only one thing that comes to my mind when i hear that name. It of course has to be the amazing research conducted right on our campus. From the science department to the world renowned department of Astronomy, there are opportunities for research involvement all over! U of A receives $600+ million for research and is considered a high research Carnegie Foundation facility. Majority of educators hold PHD's and are required to conduct research in which U of A students get involved in, which they do!

The University of Arizona is best known for its medicine branch. This university has been rated as one of the top universities in the nation demonstrating excellent medical research and pharmaceutical sciences. Their nursing programs are excellent as well as their art college which has too been ranked one of the best among the nation. Students here are friendly and dedicated to their studies and there is always teacher to student outreach no matter what. This University promises students a well taught education and a path to a life time full of opportunities.