University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

Thankfully Arizona only got that nickname from a list compiled at Playboy magazine. Often people forget or don’t know about the research that goes on at the U of A and the facilities we have to support the students. The U of A is leading the research in studying tree rings as well as cancer; and has a well known law school and top library that is open to anyone. Yes, the Arizona basketball team is wonderful, but what about our swim team. This year both the men’s and women’s team brought home the NCAA award and are both ranked in the top five teams out of the nation. Several of the swimmers are even training for the Olympics

Most of these sterotypes for students are not true, at least for the general population of the student body. Mostly everyone is here for school, but most students also know how to have a good time. Of course the weather here is amazing, and is part of the reason most people come here, nothing is better than waking up and not having to throw on 5 layers to go to class in a blizzard. Coming form the northeast, it is a nice to be able to wear sandals every day.

In part, yes. There are many students at the University of Arizona who like to have a good time. On the other hand, I know a lot of students who are dedicated to keeping their grades up and helping the community. The assumption that students can't party and also do well in school is completely wrong.

They are totally not accurate because every school has those people that don't ever go to class and just party and do drugs. It might be the type of people you choose to be friends with that make that bad influence on you.

No. There are always fun activities to get involved in but most of the student's first priorities are their grades.

No, this University has challenging classes. It might not be UCLA but is still a great university

No. Some may appply to certain people as individuals which gives a certain impression to people.

Sort of. They party a lot here at UA but the education isn't too bad

Semi true there are a lot of kids from California

Yes, for most of greek life.