University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

Wildcat Nation is crazy!!! BEAR DOWN!!!! ZonaZoo!!! everyone in Tucson shows up for game days and the tailgates begin early for football games. The ZonaZoo for a football game is 10,000 students loud and proud! We still have some work to do to get back to being our "Desert Swarm" days but we will get there with our new North Endzone project set to start after this season. Inside McKale its even crazier as "Point GuardU" our nickname when it comes to Basketball shows nothing less than an almost packed arena every game. As we are on track to get our next National Championship banner hung once again in McKale in the next few years.

Basketball is by far the biggest and most successful sport on campus. Students will line up hours before the game to get a seat if they were lucky enough to reserve tickets. Many students try to reserve tickets as early as possible because basketball tickets go quick! As for football its always really busy but students should have no trouble getting in. I have walked in right at kick off and depending on how many people I am with I could find a spot in the 1st row 50 yard line.

An outside look at the stadium that the Wildcats football team calls home.