University of Arizona Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

I am in the Philosophy Department, which is world-renowned at Arizona. Not all departments are as good. The philosophy professors here are some of my favorite people I have met in college. They are all characters: goofy, charming, quaint, brilliant, entertaining, and there for you if you have legitimate queries or interest in the stuff. I cannot say enough good things about my professors, and I have been lucky to be in such a good department. Just the best resources for an undergrad to have. You can always talk to them. But again. there are a lot of departments, and some aren't so good. It's a big school, so definitely check ratemyprofessor.com before you enroll in a class so you don't get someone horrible. A bad professor can really destroy a semester.

Erin

When in college, its nearly impossible to avoid tough classes and challenging teachers. However, some professors make efforts at making class more fun and interesting. Even though Games of Strategy is NOT just playing games like the unwitting college student may think (unless you think math is a game), at least professor Kim puts a little fun in daily while we are trying to wrap our minds around what he is talking about. We may be confused as all get-out, but at least we are laughing in the meantime.