University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

Sororities and Fraternities are our largest population. With more time spent on campus, you'll definitely start to hear, notice, and meet 'star' basketball players. Many, if not most, of our athletic events, guest speakers, theatre productions, etc will bring in not only students, but locals from the community as well. Aside from the sporting events, Tucson likes to celebrate holidays like Dia de los Muertos with face paint, parades, and drinks! Speaking of good times, Thursday is THE night to go out in town. Some students will choose to party through the weekend, while others will find Thursday night sufficient. If you're not really big into parties, then pick up a newspaper (local or Daily Wildcat) and find the nearest film, concert, cafe, dance, yoga, etc event! I had (and still have) an interest in everything, so I got involved in the University and constantly had the opportunity to meet new people. WIth that said, my closest friends were in the Media Arts College and I met many of them through working on campus or film classes. As a student, I was personally involved in: PERSONA Literary Magazine (publishes student films, artwork, poetry, short stories), KAMP Student Radio (student run radio station), Arizona Daily Wildcat (student run newspaper), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Relay for Life (through groups and organizations on campus) To take a break from classes, head over to University Blvd or down to 4th Ave for a bite to eat, cafe stop, or even a little shopping/browsing!

My freshman year I was on an athletic team at Arizona. It was a great experience but you do not always meet as many people because it is a smaller group. The greek system is not the biggest group on campus, however, I have found that it is a great way to make this school seem smaller. Also, many of the fraternities hold competitions between the different sororities in order to raise money for their philanthropy. Which is a great way to meet new the guys in the different houses. This past year we had Hilary Clinton make a speech in Bear Down gym. We also have bands like the Plain White Ts come and play in Centennial Hall, which is on campus. The dating scene, well for some people its good, I haven't found a guy but I'm still optimistic. Homecoming is a HUGE tradition. Alumni come back, the Greeks all celebrate, probably one of the most fun weeks! In the spring there is Spring Fling and the students put on the largest student run carnival. If I'm awake at 2 am on tuesday I'm probably studying. People party when ever they feel like it. Every weekend some people start on thursday night, some people who are 21 go to the bars on weds it just depends if you are in the mood. If you don't want to drink you can go to the movies. There was a fair that just ended, there are things to do for whatever you ideals for a night are.

Greek life is big at UA, it always has been and i feel always will be. If your not in greek life don't worry haha, you will make it by just fine! I met most of my friends freshman year in the dorm and have been hanging out with all of them since! we are the best group and always have semester big reunion parties its super fun! Theres probably 15 of us total and when you include all your personal friends that are just outside the normal circle its a massive group of people you connect with. Tucson may not have every activity in the world but you can do just about everything, the sun is always shining so outdoor activities like hiking, biking and what not are very big. Theres always some big sporting game going on during saturday or even some thursday basketball games to start off the weekend. Partying for people can range to once a month and most of the time staying in studying to 3 and 4 times a week, just depends on the crowd or people you hangout with. When tests come around or finals the amount of going out drops drastically haha.

On campus im involved in greek life. Im a member of Chi Omega and my sorority is the main way I have met all my friends. Freshman year I met some of my best friends in my hall and we have stayed friends through Greek Life. Sports teams are very prodominent and popular. In Greek Life is where alot of the partying takes place becuase on campus at any given night you can find a Fraternity that is throwing some sort of party. Some people could party 5 nights a week but on average i would say most people go out at least 2 nights a week. This previous weekend my sorority hosted a date dash so me and my friends attended that and then I went and hung out with my boyfriend who is an old member of a Fraternity. Overall there is always someone to go out with and someone to stay in with.

There is always something to do on the UA campus no matter what you are interested in. The pride and traditions of the UA create a positive environment at all events. The athletic events are extremely popular and a unforgettable experience. The student support for the sports teams is unbelievable and of the best in the nation. The UA is what you make it. Whether you drink or not, you can always find something fun to do. People party as much or as little as they want. There is no set limit. Dorm life is very social and a very good way to meet people. It is also a good place to live and easy place to get your work done.

Fraternities and Sororities are the most popular groups on campus for Fraternities the popular ones are FIJI, SAE, and I would say PIKE. Atheletic events are extremely popular here at UA. We have one of the largest student sections for football in the PAC 12 and if you want a good seat for basketball you will have to get to the game a few hours before. I have seen people bring their laptops so they can do work while they wait for the basketball game to start. The last weekend of school I hung out with my friends. Off campus I usually go out to eat or go up into the mountains.

Most popular student activities and groups are intramural sports and greek life. Greek life is a big presence on Arizona's campus and definitely helps with making friends if you are coming from out of state or looking to reinvent yourself. Intramural sports are really popular as well. You also make friends in your dorm or join a club that interests you. Hiking and outdoor activities are really popular. Sporting events are too much fun for words to describe, and there are occasionally free movies in the student union. There are lots of fun things to get involved in.

I am in Chi Omega sorority. I have had many wonderful social experiences such as date dashes. They are a lot of fun and can also include friends outside of greek life. They are a way to attend a themed party with all of your friends without going to a fraternity. I also have met close friends, and my boyfriend, at my apartment complex. Because my major, chemical engineering, is relatively small, I now see friends I met there socially outside of class.

The biggest sport team on campus would have to be basketball followed by football. Im not involved in any sport teams but i did join delta tau delta fraternity and i am in the middle of pledging right now. Athletic events such as football and basketball are very big and that's about it. there isn't much hype for the other sporting teams. People seem to party here all the time-you can always find a party on any night of the week.

Greek life is a large percentage of the student body here at the UofA, especially for a guy I would recommend rushing a fraternity. For girls you have mroe options, because girls can get into whatever parties they want. However for guys and girls, greek life is a great way to meet a lot more people, and is also a great way to get involved with the school and the community.