University of Arizona Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Again, like I said in the previous question, it has two parts. One, far-from stellar students who settled and didn't have the SAT scores to go somewhere glitzy, and waspy out of state kids from the East Coast that love Greek life. As a generalization, that will get the most hits if you were scanning the mall, but there are so many people here, that it isn't fair to write off all Arizona kids like that. Everyone's story is different, and a lot of phenomenal people attend Arizona.

Rebecca

Arizona students are very into partying and the Greek life is huge.

Garrett

o, I transferred here on a Whim as a Junior to pursue the Retailing and Consumer Science Major here. I don’t really know what the Stereotypes are, but if I had to guess they would be as follows… 1. Rich bitches galore 2. Greek freaks 3. Nothing to do in the desert 4. People are fucking non stop 5. Eller School of Management is GOD 6. Athletics athletics athletics.

Everyone that is from California are rich, snobby and spoiled. Most of the students at Arizona are from California. Also- we have been nicknamed Jew of A for quite a while now... But in reality, any school you go to- there are going to be stereotypes. Whether it be about the athletes, the sororities, frats, etc.

Lee

Lots of partying and no intellectualism

Monique

Some people think that most students here are interested in Greek life. I am a nontraditional myself and do not participate in Greek life at all.

kristen

Any school you choose to attend, there are going to be all types to stereotypes... whether it be the athletes, people in greek life, the science majors who are wayy into lab groups, etc... its just a matter of whether or not you are going to chose to pay attention to them or not..

Dan

Some stereotypes about the students at the University of Arizona are that all of them are compulsive partiers enrolled at a school that has been termed to be a less than average college.

Kelly

That all sorority girls are sluts! Everyone has a lot of school pride! zona zoo is crazy! classes are extremely hard! every night is a party!

Benjamin Travis

One of the biggest stereotypes about the students who attend the University of Arizona is that there's only two kinds of students: Students from Arizona, and Students from California that get sent here by their parents since it's cheap.

Amy

Some stereotypes of Arizona students are that we are here to party and school is at the bottom of the "to-do" list. Many believe that students here are wealthy, in shape, tan and from California.

Lindsay

Arizona students are not intelligent, party all the time, are extremely wealthy, mostly from Arizona or California, and are all blonde.

Justin

Arizona students are wild, party going individuals.

kelsey

There are a lot of bleach blondes and "bras" here. Also, I've recently heard that there are a lot of Jewish students here.

Michelle

Some stereotypes about Arizona students is that they party too much and that they do drugs.

Robin

People seem to think that University of Arizona students party a lot.

Torry

Everyone is rich, jewish, and does cocaine.

Dylan

We party too much- were a party school Were not smart We have good sports teams We have an amazing Greek life

Laurel

It's hot. We are attractive.

Carly

That Arizona is a huge party school and the only the basketball team is worth watching.

Charlie

All california kids that didn't get into UC schools.

Brie

The school has a reputation of being a "party school" and that all UA students just drink and party.

Scott

One stereotype i hear a lot about is the focus on how all arizona students are avid drinkers.

Jared

partying, don't care about grades, hot girls

Justin

People in in greek life houses are certain types of people

Thomas

A lot of "meatheads" and attractive girls

Ronald

Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll (but unfortunately its rap)

Doug

That it isn't a particularly good school; it is full of dumb so-cal kids who couldn't make it into the UC schools.

Jack

hot bitches Also called NothingToDoson (Tucson) Boozin hard

Ryan

We have hot girls and know how to party. Another steotype is that our education is a joke.

Kevin

SoCal, drugs, blonde bimbos, steroids, tan, wannabes

Joe

This school is full of promiscuous people. The guys are all California Bros and the girls are all bombshells.

Kevin

Snobby and stuck-up out of state students. Hot weather and hot people.

Jesse

The astronomy, the business, and the beautiful girls

NIck

They party a lot and not very good education system

Matt

It's too hot. There's nothing to do. The girls are hot.

Dustin

That everyone from AZ is a red neck. AZ students are all kids from California that couldn't get into the UC system

Travis

Arizona is considered by many to be a notorious party school. Students like to have a good time and sometimes make partying a priority over studying.

Chris

That half of the kids are from cali and they are mostly all tools

Jordan

Hot girls, douchy bros.

Alex

that we all love to party and never work hard or have a sophisticated conversation

Dan

Arizona students party more and study harder.

brian

we have fun and smart

Andru

Dumb california kids just going there to party, but still the best school in arizona.

Tom

That kids like to party a lot here.

Jeff

they party hard

Steven

They are all retarded or Jewish

Jeff

That we do not have enough hot girls on campus

Thomas

That we just part all the time and don't work hard at school.

David

we are all too damn hot