University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Everyone thinks the greek life here is crazy, which it is... but if your not in it - like me you do just fine. All you hear freshman year is about what sorority or frat your in and go to those parties but it completely dies down after your a sophomore living off campus with your close friends. Sports is big here, the ZonaZoo is loud and proud and if your not big into school spirit this may not be the right school for you. Overall the campus is gorgeous, which was one of the main reasons I chose to come here, the women are beautiful and I have had nothing but a blast being part of the ZonaZoo and supporting my school where ever I go! Bear Down!!!

I would definitely say that a lot of people think that Arizona just full of a bunch of kids that like to party. Its common for people to think that students here don't really care about school, that its easy, that all we do is party and sit by the pool all day, but really we have some great programs and some incredibly driven and intelligent students here. Its just like any state school. There are people who like to party and people who don't, but in the end, when it comes to final time the library is always full. There is something here for everyone regardless of the stereotypes we receive.

One of the major stereotypes at the University of Arizona is Cali. A very large portion of the school is made up of California kids who either could not get into their state schools or wanted to get away from home. U of A also has a fairly respectable Greek system with 13% of the student population being Greek. I definitely agree with the fact that the stereotype is true since if you meet a random student on campus and they are not from Arizona, the chances are that they are from Cali; and they definitely let you know that.

Many students believe that the only way to have a successful and fun college experience at the University of Arizona is to participate in Greek Life. Although Greek life is an easy way to meet people and have connections around campus, it is not the only way. There are numerous clubs and organization all over campus that help students meet new people, start networking connections, and have fun.

The stereotypes at my University tend to center around the ideas of 'athletes' and 'sorority girls.' These stereotypes did arise based on the fact that these two social groups largely dominate the University's campus. Although we have a high population of both groups, the University of Arizona can also be a place for those living a little further from the beaten path.

It really depends. The University of Arizona has a reputation for being a bit of a party school. If you're looking for parties and Greek life, it's easy to find, but it's also easy to avoid if that's not your thing. UA is also known for some great academics, both in the sciences and the humanities.

The University of Arizona is very science based and has a large reputation of geeks, yet the Frat/party stereotype greatly exceeds that. As with any school, there are a fair share of stoners. All of these stereotypes hold true with Frat/party being the largest of the groups.

I have never heard of us called anything as group which is a stereotype. Which is a good thing because our campus is not overly judgmental. We are a mix of everything =)

Frat Kids is the general at the UofA and to be honest its probably close to how it is

Greek Life. Also the less partied school in Arizona. Pretty accurate stereotypes!