University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

Before we get bogged down in the details, the overall opinion of the University of Arizona is simply amazing. Personally I was going to attend out of state institutions being an Arizona high school graduate but instead I decided on becoming a wildcat and I could not have made a better decision. It is definitely a college town and as long as you live within a 5 mile radius from campus, you will be surrounded by your peers and other college students. This college town atmosphere is one of the best characteristics of U of A. One of the things I would definitely change however is how the administration is out to destroy the Greek system at the school. With 13% of the student body being Greek, those students contribute a tremendous amount of effort to make the university into what it is but nevertheless, the administration dislikes Greeks (especially the dean of students). When it comes to the size of the school, it does not matter much to your wellbeing because you can always know and feel comfortable with the people around you even though there are about 32,000 undergrads. Whether you want to go to college to be completely devoted to your studies, solely party or find a healthy balance of both, this university has something for everyone and outlets where your skills and interests are needed. Wildcats also have a lot of pride and that does not only go for the rivalry between the university and ASU. You have not seen pregaming done right until you have attended one of the home games at U of A. The student section during football games is out of this world and you can expect to have a great time whether we win or lose. Most importantly, it is rare to see someone unhappy about being a wildcat. When you get answered where you attend college, students are really charismatic and enthusiastic about their experience at the University of Arizona, the state's first university. One of the most unusual aspects about the school is that despite of being one of the top party colleges in the nation, it is also one of the top research schools in the country, has one of the best public business programs in the nation and one of the most difficult to get into architecture programs. My most memorable experience will definitely be the semester I rushed a fraternity. I was able to be a pledge at one of the best fraternities on campus, while juggling 16 units and still receiving a 4.0 for the semester with three majors. I've made some of the most memorable relationships and captured some of my best memories while being a student at the University of Arizona.

I am about to graduate from the U of A, and in my three years here, I have constructed many different opinions of this school. In a few years, when I look back at my time here, I will think of the tradition that this school is built upon because of its old age, 127 years. This tradition attracts many students- almost too many students. The overwhelming traffic of walking to classes in the beginning of the semester can be frustrating, but the same thousands of students walking along the mall are the ones that make football and basketball games so spirited and fun. The athletics at this school are enjoyable to delve into, but I came here for the academics. The U of A offers some majors that I can't find anywhere else, like Physiology, Neurophysiology and Cognitive Sciences, and others. While I am personally not a fan of the lecture classes of 500 or even 1,000 students in my heavy science classes, I do enjoy the material that the professors are passionate about teaching. There are always smaller classes one can take when one gets to upper-division courses. If I could change one thing about this school, it would absolutely be class sizes and teaching methods. Students need to understand early on in their academic life- college at the latest- how they learn. It has always been a frustration to learn in 50-minute intervals from a professor teaching multiple students at once when I know that is not my best strategy of learning, which is why it would be the one thing I would change.

Aside from my educational experience, the best thing I would say about the University of Arizona is: Location, location, location! The campus is pristine and there beautiful views of the Catalina Mountains and the White Mountains! Tucson is essentially a college town and many students choose to walk or bike around campus. I spent much of my free-time outside - taking the chance to breathe fresh air and enjoy the scenery. Our school pride centers around our sports teams, making sporting events being a major outing - our biggest rival is Arizona State University (ASU Sun Devils). My best times; however, were spent as a Production Assistant and DJ at KAMP Student Radio! A down side to the University is: After speaking with many Engineering and Pre-Med students, it seems based on the material presented in class and the tests professors have given, the departments have been Audited a few times in recent years.

Arizona is filled with school spirit and sporting events are a big part of college life. Greek life which im apart of is one of the best things i couldve done at U of A. Being in my sorority has given me amazing friendships and is a home away from home. The campus is very beautiful and well taken care of. Tucson is not the best city but there are some areas that are very nice. There is always something going on and its very easy to find something to do. The only concern is that recently there has been alot of vandalism around tucson and one of my sisters was held at gun point in front of our sorority house. At arizona there are alot of attractive people and we have a reputation for partying alot, which is true. Overall Arizona has been everything i couldve imagined in a college and i would not go to any other school.

My family members have always been U of A fans, so since a very young age I have loved this school. I grew up in Southern Arizona and very close to the University campus and have always wanted to go to college here. After beginning school here last year, I knew I have always had the right opinion because how great the campus as a whole is. Since the campus is very compacted, the University of Arizona feels like a small community. Every class is walking distance from one another which makes it fun going to class. The Rec Center is great as well as all of the food choices at the Student Unions and on University Boulevard. The school spirit at the U of A is also very awesome and the spirit events and games are always packed with all types of students. I honestly couldn't imagine spending my college years anywhere else!

I love this school. The school is large enough to meet tons of people, yet small enough to have classes where you can personally meet your professors and classmates. Tucson finds its identity in UA and is a perfect college town. You can find inexpensive homes and apartments to rent throughout town. The main thing that stood out to me about UA is how open-minded it is. From the staff to the students, everyone is open to each other's opinions and people are rarely judgmental. There a lot of school pride, especially when it comes to the basketball program. The main downside is how expensive food can be on campus. While you'll find this with every college, it still doesn't change the fact that it's annoying.

The University of Arizona is the full University experience. There truly is something for everyone. I live on campus in La Paz. I chose to have a random roommate which was the best decision I ever made. She is my best friend. The memories we have made will last me a lifetime. The undeniable pride at the UA is remarkable. Win or lose, the students are die hard fans. The campus is beautiful and well kept. The number of people is massive, but the UA is as big or as small as you make it. If I could change one thing it would be more safety precaustions in the dorms. I did occasionaly feel unsafe in the dorms due to previous unfortunate events.

The best thing about Arizona is the weather, if you are ever really bored, you can just lay out by a pool. I personally would not change a thing, because even thoguh i like the changing of the seasons, ans I love snowboarding, if you feel like seeing that, you can always take an hour drive up to the mountains, but Arizona really has it all. It is a great enviroment to go to school in, and it definitely puts everyone in a better mood. Overall, teachers are very nice, and want to see you succeed, however there are a few teachers that I have had that weren't spectacular, althoguh they were TA's.

While I've been going to small private schools my whole life, I really wanted a change in college. At first it was kind of a shock but after you get to meet more people and start meeting people in your major, you start having the same people in your classes and see the same people around campus. I also came from California so it was a really big chance to come to Tucson but it really is not bad at all because I found such great resturants and cool places to hang out. I never thought I'd love Target so much and Scottsdale is not too far away for a day of great shopping.

Its a great school. There are great programs and some incredible professors and its definitely a good time. There is great weather, and you are close to California, Phoenix, and Vegas. Ideally the town of Tucson could be more exciting. Its rather dull, but at the same time its beautiful. Sporting events are memorable because everyone is incredibly spirited. There is a lot of school pride which I love. The campus is huge and all the buildings are brick so its gorgeous. Its a great experience.