University of Arizona Top Questions

Sheridan

That students drink so much and there is so much casual sex. If you don't partake in these it's hard to socialize and find people that don't want to drink and get drunk on the weekends. I don't feel that social relationships are encouraged.

Luz

The most frustrating thing about my school is the parking, and how much parking costs. In a way, the price for parking in a garage is a rip off, since they charge you 2 dollars for the first hour and then every hour after; even if you were there for a hour and a half, you get charged 4 dollars for parking. It's really annoying and frustrating.

Nothing. There is absolutely nothing that frustrates me about the University.

To be honest, I believed the most frustrating thing about this school was the participation in Greek Life. I can't tell you how many individuals, boys and girls, I came across that made extremely poor choices in their college career because of the fraternity or sorority that they were in. To this day, I strongly believe the reason many of my friends did NOT graduate from the University of Arizona was because they were a member of the fraternity or sorority that they became a part of.

At the moment, I have experienced anything that frustrates me about my school. On the contrary, I have loved my experience as a first year, first generation college student because I was able to have all my questions answered by multiple resources around campus and I was really able to get help/ tutoring with the wonderful professors and teaching assistants. I was also able to explore different classes and expand my knowledge on many different topics through the general education classes offered here.

Kylie

The professors at this university are very involved in their fields and love what they do, but that leaves little face time (office hours) with their students. One of my biology professors (also a researcher) only had 15 minute office hours, twice a week. There are tutors for almost every subject, but I believe it's important to make a strong presence in front of your professor, not only for a good grade, but because you could potentially land an internship in a research lab!

Calee

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of communication when it comes to finding out the correct answer to a problem through the different offices. For example, when trying to find out how I would apply for in state residency or if my financial aid award was final, whenever I would call that department I would always get a multitude of different answers. One day I would be told something and the next when I asked, the answer was completely different. I just based the solution to the problem on the most similar answers.

Daniella

For me the most frustrating thing about my school is that I grew up in the same hometown that I attend school in now. I love the wildcats but I would also love to be able to meet new people.

Without a doubt, the most frustrating thing at the University of Arizona is the summer heat! As an out of state student, I am lucky to be able to return to my second home for a few weeks to escape the desert weather and I encourage all other students to try to do the same. At the start of the school year during August and September, it can still be pretty hot while walking from class to class. Thankfully though, the heat frustration can be avoided by finding a shady spot or a cold drink.

Mikiayla

The most frustrating thing about my school is how the teachers in the math department make the assignment and the classes in general harder than they need to be.

Anita

The most frustratrating thing about my school is finances. I love to learn and put all my effort towards school work, but because I am constantly having to worry about, if I will be able to afford textbooks, tuition and rent, I can't put all my focuse on my education. Balancing everything is a great lesson to live by, however, there isn't enough time during the day to attend classes, work, do homework, study and attempt to have some kind of social life. It is frustrating knowing I am making just barely enough to live paycheck to paycheck.

Kylie

The most frustrating thing about my school is how expensive it is.

Davishia

The most frustrating thing about my school is the size of the general ed classes.

Amberlee

While I never found myself very frustrated about the University of Arizona, I would say the closest thing to feeling frustrated would be trying to get a good seat at sporting events. There is so much school spirit that everyone shows up to football and basketball games hours ahead, so sometimes you struggle to find a good seat.

The $$$$ it takes to go here!!!!

neyveth

The most frustrating thing from the University of Arizona would be the parking. In order to get to class I need to walk three to five blocks because I cannot and would not pay ten dollars per day to park in a roofed parking garage. In my opinion parking at the university is extremely expensive. I don’t thing ten dollars is a fair amount, to pay for parking under a roof. Even the parking lots near the university, which are blocks away from the university are eight dollars per day. I sincerely think is an excessive amount.

Bria

The most frustating thing about my school is trying to pick classes.

Max

The cost of tuition! The price of my tuition for undergrad has nearly doubled since I started (4 years ago). I'm in-state but it's still very expensive. I've been thinking about a graduate degree, but the tuition for grad school is double the tuition for undergrad, and my school is on the 'cheaper end' of the public schools. Start looking for ways to fund your education, and start looking early (talking to you, high-school juniors and seniors!).

Helena

You take classes all over campus in all sorts of buildings.

The financial aid department is currently the most frustrating thing about The University of Arizona.

Jocelyn

The most frustrating aspect of the University of Arizona is the lack of flexibilty. Many popular classes ar only offered at one specific time and to a certain number of students, making them virtually impossible to enroll in. The lack of flexibility carries into the offered modes of instruction. Only a select few classes are avilable online and/or during Winter or Summer break. This makes it difficult to take additional credits and get ahead in college.

Marianna

Trying to find enough financial aid to pay for classes and other things that involve school like parking or books.

Ricardo

The most frsustrating thing about my school is the genral education requirements needed to graduate with any major. Most of the classes feel as though they make students do busy work. And many general education classes are not interesting for me; they don't dive into engineering.

Naim

The most frustrating thing about my school has to be that it is not tobacco free. There are people smoking on campus and I can't stand the smell but most people don't care. I wish that it was a smoke free campus because it just bothers me. That is the only thing that frustrates me about the U of A. Everything else is perfect!

So much homework and exams

Ariana

The most frustrating thing about my school is parking. It cost up to 600 dollars a year for a permit and you may not recieve a permit. You get put on a waiting list for up to a year. Also, even if you have a permit, you are not always guaranteed a spot.

Tasanee

The most frustrating thing about the University of Arizona, is the current construction being done throughout the school year. Currently a rail system is being developed for a trolley, which will be a great transportation system for students on campus. Although, the noise from the construction and the detours on campus made it very difficult for students to navigate around campus as well as study in certain buildings and residence halls.

Signing up for classes online can be very frustrating. Each of the years have a different date to sign up at the same time. It is hard because a lot of the same people want the same classes and everyone is trying to get them at the same time which causes for overload of the system and the students do not get certain classes.

The most frustrating thing about schools is all of the readings. All of my classes will assing approxamently 40 pages of reading a night and with say 5 classes that is approxamently 120 pages a night. Its frustrating because its mostly boring textbook reading and its hard to understand what your reading. Also trying to figure out what to pay attention for in the readings gets very frustrating. The time it takes to do all of the readings and to make sure you have a good understanding of it is very tedious.

Siddharth

I think the most frustrating bit about my school is the amount of people present. While I think the school size is good, there are too many people present.

Paola

The most frustrating thing about my school is the streets. It is a very random complaint but it is necessary to discuss. The streets are full with holes and cracks. When it rains, huge puddles form and it is difficult to cross the streets without getting your feet wet. There are also many hills, and after a long day of classes, walking up a hill is the last thing a student would want to do.

Rhiannon

Attendence is required in some classes. If I understand the concept and do not feel like I need to go to the lecture, I should not have to. It makes me feel a little babied. I understand that it is preparing us for the work force, but its annoying at times.

kokou serge

people in advance course doesn't want to give old materials to new stdents unless there very good friend and it hard to make new friends without being a member pf fraternities

Travers

I am coming from a community college that did not have school on fridays. The University has school fridays and even though I am noticing its for the best it is still frustrating. I also get frustrated that the study group rooms are full most of the time.

EvaMarie

At times the UofA can be just a little bit too big. I don't mean in terms of teachers and too many student in classes, but rather you are sometimes lost in the shuffle when it comes to things like financial aid or help with registration. Even advisory appointments can take way too long to plan. The beginning of the semester can be absolutely horrible if you might be having problems that need to be attended to by the university.

Dealing with academic counselor who don't always look out for you and paying for tuition.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Arizona is how expensive text books are. However, this probably applies to most college campuses. My school offers to buy back text books at the end of each semester, but usually do not offer even half of the original amount students had to pay for them. Tuition is already very expensive to begin with, and having to pay even more for books is extremely expensive, especially when most professors require students to buy text books for class.

Sathya

Money, I have none, but I can't get any money (i.e. loans) I need to pay for tuition.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Arizona is that students are charged for every little thing. Freshmen students are charged fees just for being freshmen. Everyone is charged a gym fee and not everyone uses the gym. This is one thing that I do not like.

Long

In my opinion, the most frustrating thing about The University of Arizona is parking. The parking areas are very limited so the students have to sign up very early to get a good spot. The negative thing about register early is that we have to pay full price because the price drops every day. Full price for parking permit range from $400-$600 which is very expensive for students' budget.

The most frustrating thing about my school is tuition constantly increasing. Low funding from state. Hard to get involved if not in Greek Life or student government.

The absolute most frustrating thing about this school is the fact that every teacher for every course is going to challenge you. It definitely is not the laid back atmosphere of high school anymore and adapting to that may be difficult. As a new student you have to learn to communicate with your professors and classmates in order to achieve the best benefit from the course. It seems hard at first but once you email your professors a couple times and meet with them you'll soon discover that what they want is the same as you, your success.

Alena

Without proper time management, the courseload can be overwhelming and feel impossible. However, so long as the right habits are learned and the students are determined, attending classes and completing the work is usually enjoyable and rewarding. Additionally, not many courses are offered online. Students have to be able and ready to attend almost every class in person, all across campus.

I love my school very much, so it's hard to think of anything that really frustrates me about it! If I had to choose something, it would probably be the price of just about everything at the school, especially tuition. I love the school itself, but if the price to attend wasn't so great, I would definitely love it even more! The fact that tuition is continuing to increase over the years doesn't make matters any better!

The most frustrating thing is that there are so many students at the school, that if you want to make a good impression on the professors in order for them to help you or identify your efforts, you have to really be dedicated to showing your commitment to thier class. The only way a professor will get to know you on a personal basis and see the efforts you make is if you attend their office hours weekly, constantly ask for help or advice, sit in the front of class and work to portray your dedication to their class.

Minyuan

The most frustrating thing about my school recently is the construction that is taking place at the University of Arizona. Honestly, I feel like there has never been a week where construction has not been going on. Sometimes it takes longer to get to class because of the detours that one has to take due to the blocked roads. I often get quite frustrated because I am sometimes late to class because I had to take a longer route. However, there is not construction in every area, so I feel that it is manageable.

I feel like they will suck you for your money at every chance. You will be fine $4o for a late library book. Rediculous.

Kwame

There isn't that many things that is frustrating about U of A. Maybe the only thing that is a little frustrating is that since the U of A is so big it is a minor challenge getting from class to class in just ten minutes.

Kaylyn

The most frustrating thing about the University of Arizona is adjusting to a bigger classroom setting. On some general education classes there are well over five hundred students in a large auditorium, and coming from a more intimate high school setting, it is definitely a challenging adjustment.

The most frustrating aspect of my school is the number of students I see who do not work to their full potential. They are given a marvelous opportunity by being able to attend the school, but they are simply letting this opportunity pass them by. I have an extremely high work ethic and it infuriates me to see others who are unwilling to work hard in order to ultimately better their own lives.