University of Arizona

« See more reviews of University of Arizona

The amount of prospective students and professional instructors helps the environment in which other students learn and discover hidden passions unforeseen. Engaging with professors from the industry not only improves the experience of the students academically but also “realistically.” Within the first few classes of their field of study, students can clearly understand what to expect from their prospective fields in the actual workforce. Students are forced to do internships and engage in hands-on activities and research for their field. The professors have endearing devotion to their class topics allowing students the maximum amplitude to learn.

The variety of personalities at the University of Arizona. The types of people you will meet range from extremely dedicated, over-achievers and passionate cultural activists to social, energetic leaders and laboring, wisened students who come to the school to start fresh. There are numerous ways that students can socialize, help educate themselves, make professional connections through work and research, and build lasting relationships. As a student in a population of 40,000 people, I never saw myself as being a number but I saw the school as a community with people searching for new experiences and self-improvement together.

I belive the best thing about the University of Arizona is the ability to allow incoming freshman to participate in a six week summer bridge program. Students are able to take an English or Math course and also are assigned a peer advisor who is a current student. This summer program is extremely helpful to freshman because it increases their confidence level about attending the university. Students are able to meet other university students, explore campus, gain advice from a currently enrolled university student, network on a more personal level with instructors and experience a brief preview of university life.

The best thing about the University of Arizona are the traditions. The school is within the heart of the Tucson community and has created one giant family among the university faculty, attending students and alumni. I love how generations have passed through this campus and have established sense of pride and belonging wihin this school that is seen academically and socially. Together in our red and blue school colors we chant the same cheers from years before at sporting events, light the same bonfire for homecoming, and maintain the unchanged ambiton as students to be successful within our University.

The best feature about my school is how available professors make themselves. It is encouraged to visit office hours, which are offered by all instructors and teacher aids. They are always willing to help with understanding assignments and concepts. It is very apparent that the faculty wants each student to excel and perform at their highest ability. I feel very comfortable approaching my professors with questions and concerns, and even more confident that I will leave their office with a greater understanding of what is expected. This factor has played a major role in my current academic success.

The best things about the University of Arizona have to be its variety, both academically and in extracurricular activities. The University of Arizona provides many majors that one can choose from. This is one of the best things because it gives you the opportunity to learn about almost anything, and the opportunity to learn what you’re really interested in. I also like how the university provides many organizations, sports, and activities that anyone can participate in. The variety that the University of Arizona provides is the best thing because it can make college a little bit more personal.

The best thing about the University of Arizona is the passion of the instructors. They really enjoy their jobs and seem excited when students ask questions. They love when students come to their office hours and show interst in the subject. The university offers a diverse group of research opportunities with to great university hospitals where students can valunteer and experience intern opportunities. My favorite thing about the physical campus is its friendliness to skateboards. The size of the campus means students may be late if they walk which is why almost half ride bikes or skateboards.

The University of Arizona is a place where professors, staff, and students all work together. As an undergraduate student of Natural Resources, I wanted to create local projects to address Arizona's depleting water supply. With support from all levels of the university, a group of students retrofitted three campus building landscapes so that irrigation was no longer necessary. The ability of staff, faculty, and students to collaborate on a project is a unique phenomenon that can only happen at a very special school, and I value my opportunity to have been a part of such a collaboration.

To me the University of Arizona is a great place because of its location in naturally beautiful southern Arizona. The University of Arizona's location accounts for its always sunny and beautiful weather, and for its amazing mountain sunsets. At U of A you have the choice of either staying in the desert environment, which has its own beautiful characteristics, or venturing out into the mountains that surround the city of Tucson for a completely different experience. I love my school because it is almost paradise like, with its palm tree lined streets and always clear and sunny skies.

It is research oriented and provides a good career center to ensure employment after graduation. It also is very updated in programs, technology, and is future-based. The university is also very open to different cultures and races. Its instructors are very diverse and know the material very well and are excited to teach it. One of my favorite qualities this university offers is a good counseling department. They are friendly and stress-free. Since it is a fairly big campus, there is a big concern for the safety of the students, they offer safe rides and shuttles across campus.