University of Arizona Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Arizona

meshack

It is a great school I had my eyes on it for a long time. I like the colors of the school as well as the location of the school. I was raised in Tucson, AZ so I would always drive pass the campus and just be amazed at how the campus looked. So yeah that's what I think of UofA

Paul

I transferred in the University of Arizona. They were slow to apply the courses from my previous school to their course offerings. As a result, a semester was lost and I was not refunded for classes that I got credit for midway through the semester. Additionally, for my senior thesis, the professor lost all the papers. All of them. She then assigned a grade based on what she thought of you. I had a 91% headed into the turning in of the paper which had been reduced in grade value to 40% of the final grade. I ended getting an F for the class on the best written paper of my undergraduate career. The class meetings were us literally getting peer review and feedback from the professor. She literally had no negative feedback for my thesis in her classes. I was struck hard by this. It wasn’t until later that I had heard that she had lost all of the final papers from the whole class. I had complained to the Dean of the program, and he sadly nodded that he was aware of the accusations from other students of similar behavior from this professor. He had also heard of her losing the all of the papers. This was the nail in the coffin for me. I will never recommend this University to anyone.

getsemani

I love u of a is on my town , and love to see the basketball team .

Adilene

The University of Arizona is a community of involvement and engaging. There are so many people that help any student in need. It has amazing sports and amazing clubs anyone can be apart of. During these times, the U of A takes many precautions due to Covid-19, and that is super important for safety. When attending any part of the university, you feel welcomed as well and conformable. The U of A makes sure one feels united when it comes to a club, facility, or class. I love the University of Arizona because there are many welcoming people as well as welcoming staff members.

Tereza

The University of Arizona is a beautiful campus whose school spirit is prevalent in every student and professor there. The professors I\'ve encountered truly hold a passion for what they\'re teaching which helps resonates in the student. There are a variety of extra-curricular activities such as glee, investment club, and even clubs that explore different cultures. There is a safe environment developed on campus where people of all diversities can come together to learn and pursue careers that\'ll make their life.

Lights, camera, action! The University of Arizona is a must see with its 5/5 star rating! With a beautiful campus, wonderful weather with blue skies 360 days of the year, award-winning research facilities, nationally ranked sports teams, dedicated faculty, a myriad of clubs to connect you with a community of friends, and a variety of majors to choose from, the University of Arizona has it all. It is perfect for people of all ages. Don't miss this one-of-a kind college!

Andreina

It looks like an amazing university with great views and resources. The university also provides the students the opportunity to live the university life and be able to achieve their goals while studying. Students have the choice to choose out of the numerous selections of majors and minors that students can enter. As well as having the opportunity to learn in their major that they know can set them to a right path for them to their future achievement.

Jenny

I got a generous merit scholarship to UA, and when I visited campus, was impressed by the nice campus and newer facilities. The administration, staff and employees in Tucson were all happy and helpful. As a Californian, and hearing about the school spirit, I figured the people would be much like Californians, but was mistaken. Most students are from Arizona and seem to have chosen the school as the next step, not that they are excited to be at UA. So overall, the people are not friendly or interested in meeting new people, especially since most of them know people from their high schools. I wasn't in a "party" dorm like AZ-So or Coronado; I was in Highland dorms, which are too quiet. If you want a social life, do not choose Highland dorms, although the plus is that they are 10 years old, so they are relatively new. I did appreciate that I wasn't returning to a loud, partying dorm, however. My first roommate (from another state) decided to leave UA; my second roommate, from Phoenix, decided to transfer to ASU for fun. My second roommate was a likable jock and he, too, found it difficult to meet people. People just keep to themselves and aren't friendly or outgoing. If you aren't Greek, a social life is difficult unless you meet people in clubs. And as a guy, I cannot attend frat parties, while girls can. While I enjoy socializing, frats are too much hanging out and drinking/smoking/slacking-off for me. I recommend joining clubs or intramurals to meet people. Administration is strict on alcohol abuse so frats keep getting suspended. Dorms are also strict on alcohol/pot violations. Most dorm doors stay closed - people aren't interested in meeting others (or they're getting high in their rooms). My roommate and I went to a dorm activity in the first week and the students took the pizza and left, no socializing - WTF?! Another drawback of UA is that there isn't one cafeteria that the dorms feed into. Basically, for meals, people use their meal cards at the food courts, at Highland 24 hr. market, or at one of the few small cafeterias, or go off campus. So the dorm residents aren't seeing the same people at meals everyday, which makes it difficult to form bonds. I'm going to get my degree, then get the Hell back to California where the friendly people are.

Carter

I am beyond excited to attend the University of Arizona. Growing up in Tucson, it is all I know. It is a bog campus with so much to offer and I can not wait to be a student there. Having friend that attend the school this year, all I hear are great things.

Riley

I love the University of Arizona! I wouldn't want to go anywhere else to receive my college experience. The campus is beautiful, there are so many clubs academically and athletically to join, and the experience of being on campus where a bike or your feet is only needed to get to classes is perfect!

Tachelle

So far, acclimating from a small Native American town called Window Rock on the Navajo Reservation to a city has not been the easiest but the University of Arizona is a community of its own which is what I like about it. I love how the staff get student involvement very easily by making themselves on the same level as the student. Although the school being huge, a few attributes can be quite confusing. Such as, the financial part and the transportation services and other little things but overall, I am glad to be a current student with the U of A.

Haley

The University of Arizona has always been my dream school, and it has lived up to the expectations. The classes are great, the campus is beautiful, and there are always activities going on, around and off campus, so people are always busy. Students come together, no matter where they're from, and everyone is able to have fun while being able to pursue their education.

Taj'aRaye

Being a Black student on the campus of the University of Arizona, the climate is always tense due to the inequalities we face taking up only 3% of a 42,500 student population. However, in the cultural centers on campus, we are able to create safe spaces for our students no matter the minority. If it wasn't for AASA (African American Student Affairs), I would have left this school. For an overall aspect, our school is big on sports and research. Both our football and basketball team are D1 and our student section is the loudest of the loud! The spirit our school has brings excitement to the students.

Deianira

Overall I love the U of A and all it has to offer. It is a beautiful campus with amazing facilities. The academic help is there if you look for it. Tucson is very centered around the university and that is what I really love. Everyone gets involved. There are so many clubs and organizations to join. Some colleges are very helpful with helping you line up jobs before you graduate. Beware of the mathematics and physics department!! They have so many issues and a lot of people tend to fail those classes.

S. Haley

The U of A is so warming and welcoming. It is that stereotypical type of campus, where students are sitting on the grass at the mall, studying or socializing. That is the best part about it! The staff is friendly and instructors are wonderful. The U of A is like a happy family, where everyone helps each other, and the college experience is worthwhile, both socially and academically.

Octavia

This was my first choice of University, it's clean and everyone is friendly. The University of Arizona is a wonderful place to go to school. You do not need to travel far because everything you need is close by whether it be at the bookstore, library, market, or the gym. If you need questions answered whether it's about residence life, tech information, applications they are answered by the great staff. UAPD and The University itself take safety seriously.

Sarah Nicole

Since the Univeristy of Arizona is a public state school, there is great diversity on campus. There is someone that is interested in everything, from Frida Kahlo to Minecraft. Out of all of the colleges in Arizona, the U of A is the most selective and the best overall academically. After a year at the U of A, I can proudly say I am a wildcat for life.

Gabriella

The Campus is easy and fast to get around being only a square mile. There are many utilities offered for student success. The campus is clean and safe. The dorms range from small to large which is a nice option. The university offers everything in order for students to feel at home and to succeed.

Haley

When I started at U of A, I was surprised at how easy college was. I was quickly proven otherwise. My classes became more challenging, but the professors were always accessible and encouraged their students to ask questions and seek help. They genuinely wanted their student to succeed, which I found motivating and inspiring. Outside of the classroom, the school sponsored many events and activities to give the students opportunities to socialize. The campus is gorgeous and there are a number of unique shops and restaurants within walking distance. The school is located in Tucson, AZ, so caution is urged, especially when going out at night. However the school and surrounding areas are generally kept safe by campus security and police. I would highly recommend the U of A. I have learned so much and made such great friends in only my first year and look forward to going back.

Maddie

The University of Arizona is unique in that they have a major for everyone. Many colleges lack certain language classes, but the University of Arizona has a great East Asians department that I'm lucky to be apart of. Similarly, one of the best aspects of the University of Arizona is the study abroad opportunities. There are programs all over the world and the U of A makes it easy to fit in with your major so you graduate on time. In 2017 I studied abroad at Tokyo International University, which ended up changing my life. It's without a doubt that I wouldn't have the same life experiences, career goals or language knowledge if I didn't attend the University of Arizona.

Jasmine

The staff are friendly and it has enough restaurants around to choose from. The student life is great.

Jordan

The University of Arizona was the best decision I could have made. From moving into the dorms my freshman year to graduating this year; I can honestly say that I loved my school. The staff and faculty were always very helpful. The campus provided many resources to students including personal tutoring, counseling, dog therapy, and yoga with Wilbur and Wilma. I also enjoyed U of A because of how involved the community was with the school. If I could do it all over again I would choose to be a wildcat. Bear Down!

Candace

I love this school! If you are interested in research, this is the place for you! They make it so easy to get involved with research projects, conducting your own independent research, internships...you name it. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Victoria

Its great I love the campus its is so original and beautiful. It actually feels like an University instead of a business area like ASU. The people are amazing as well. You meet people everywhere, whether if its a different state to a different country and and I haven't met one rude person. The only thing I hate is the math department. They have a horrible way of teaching math and the professors make you question yourself on what you already know.

ginna

The university of Arizona was never my first option. I was aiming bigger, but some things happened so I had to stay where I am right now. My first few weeks at the University were horrible. I was new, so I was totally lost. I won't say that I liked the campus from the start because I didn't. But, as timed passed I started liking it. Now, I can say that I love this place and the people who attend here. And although the weather is not my thing.... our campus makes it feel so tropical even though it is totally oposite. Oh, and.....architecture is a pain, but if you like it. Go for it! It's not like the program is difficult, but there's just too much things to do in such short time. And, if you need help, just go ask students from other years. Believe me, they know the feeling of being a freshman so they'll help. I really don't know how to express my feelings towards this college with words. Yet, I can say that it feels like home. And that I will make great friends throughout the process. And, I guaranty that this college will keep surprising me. It just feels great to be here.

Crystal

My overall opinion on the University of Arizona is that it looks like a very interesting and fun college to go to. There's so much opportunity there and it is also local so it is convenient for students like me to go there. The community plays a big role in being involved in all the sports/games. It is definitely at the top of my list. Bear Down!

Hilda

This school is definitely doing well in many areas. I really enjoy the majority of degrees that were offered to me when applying to this school. I also enjoy how friendly the people are at this school. It is very easy to make friends and to keep up with the academics. I love this school, and I'm proud to be a wildcat.

Kali

I love where I go to school. There is always something to do, and the campus is beautiful. The students, faculty, and stuff are extremely nice and always have a smile. The teachers are attentive and some more than others care about their students and make sure they all strive to do and be their best.

Donald

I love the University of Arizona. Most classes are small enough to be engaged in. Professors can be easily accessed and if interacted with genuinely care about students. Although, as a non-traditional student, some of the professors are only concerned with their own political bias and not trying to understand the whole of the issues. However, most students can distinguish between the political push of these professors and what the material is . There is a great culture of learning and acceptance on this campus. There is always something go on. It is Arizona so there is plenty to do outside in the non summer months. Bear Down! Go Wildcats!

Ariah

Going toward the school, what you see is what natural beauty of the world is all about. The sight of mountains everywhere, in every turn, that embeds in your eyesight is pure justification of what this world is about. There's no other way to describe it, in fact, you can't! Your reaction is the only way. The reaction of "WOW!"

Connor

Surely an amazing school that is full of fun activities to do. The students and the atmosphere is super welcoming.

Mariana

This is a great school with high academic standards and a super friendly environment.

Jordan

Overall, the University of Arizona is a great college. This was my first choice when I was applying for colleges. The campus is clean with plenty of palm trees. There are not many options outside of campus to eat, but the ones that are there are great.

Hassan

I love it here, I feel there is a lot to improve on also though really just some classes the teachers don't even go in depth to what we are really doing in the book. It kind of sucks that greek life is everything on campus because if you're not in a frat as a guy, there is nothing to do outside of some off campus parties.

Celina

In class or not, you will always see the students at the UofA engaging in an intellectual conversation! We are a school full of talented, driven, goal oriented students ready to take on anything put in our way.

Alfredo

My experience since I got here has been very surreal. It's a great place to feel at home and find a place to fit in so it's one less thing to worry about in college. The activities and events held around campus are frequent and fairly well known. The school is rather pricey for the quality of living and food that's on campus. The school is worth it in other ways with useful services like free tutoring, counseling, and the recreational center which is loaded with a lot of activities anytime of the week. This is a dream school that is moderately attainable and spirit and friends never goes away.

Brittni

The campus is nice, it is reasonably sized. Large, but not too large that it makes it almost impossible to get from one class to another. The facilities are clean and well maintained, with easy access. The events that are held could use better advertising, but if you find one they are nice to attend. The frat parties are okay, I can't compare them to anything other than movie ones, but they are fun to go to every once in a while. The food is over-priced, and the only thing really offered is fast food. It is really hard to maintain a healthy diet on campus. Weather is super nice unless you hate the sun and heat, if so you should probably steer clear. The only real bad thing about the college is the surrounding city. Tucson isn't the best place in Arizona to hang out. Far from it. The only places I have found so far, is the farmer's market, comes to campus on select Wednesday's and is fully off campus on Friday's, and 4th Ave. its a cute street filled with little shops and stuff right near a lot of the College hosted off-campus housing. In February there is the world's largest gem show that happens all throughout Tucson for a weekend but that's really it. The hiking spots near the college aren't great. I guess what's nice is you could take a weekend trip to Colorado, California, Mexico, or the rest of Arizona.

Selma

The class sizes are far too large for classes that require individualized attention. i.e. chemistry classes have 600+ students in them. The teachers are always available to meet and discuss any questions or concerns there may be for the class and return emails promptly.

Destiny

The school has its beauty and depending on the classes and the major you may get good professors , but some departments need a lot of improvements . There is not enough advertisements for workshops if you do not actively participate in a group. Advisers, again depending on the college can either be helpful or completely useless and at times rude. There is almost always something going on and the facilities are a little dated but well kept.

Sebastian

I love the U of A. It truly feels like home. The campus is BEAUTIFUL! The students there are al nice and respect one another views and beliefs. I enjoy just sitting on the mall and just laying on the grass. It truly is a blessing to be a wildcat! Bear down!

ZaKeriya

It's a great school. The campus is very open, there is always something going on. The residence halls always have a program happening, so there's plenty of chances for free food. As long as you have your CatCard, almost every academic center is available to you.

Kylin

The University of Arizona has welcomed me with open arms and I have not once felt out of place here. There is always something to do on campus, even the pickiest of people could find some activity to join. Although the academic portion of the U of A has been quite challenging for me, I would not want to be anywhere else.

Katherine

The University of Arizona is amazing and I can't wait to study here more.

Ellie

If you are a student who loves to party, University of Arizona is absolutely the place for you. If you are a student like me who doesn't enjoy that scene so much, University of Arizona still can be the place for you. It just might take a bit more time for you to figure out where that place may be. As a pre-business student planning on majoring in accounting and finance, I have more than fallen in love with the business school. The opportunities provided are beyond what any other school can offer. I have also found a group of friends and leadership opportunities in Greek life. There is a common stereotype that all Greek life can be is partying, but that couldn't be further from the truth. I have found and supporting group of academically inclined friends in my sorority, and am excited to be serving as the next Vice President of Finance. There is something for everyone at the University of Arizona, you just have to go out and find it.

Kelly

I love it here. I hope to get my PhD and teach here, if I can. The campus is beautiful, and the staff is actually pretty great. I find that it is easy to make friends with not only other students, but the professors as well. The communication between staff is great, and it seems like everyone wants to help you. My college in particular is wonderful.

Jenna

I attended U of A my Freshmen year of College, then transferred. I did not feel connected with the school, and Greek Life was too dominant on campus. It felt like if you weren't apart of Greek Life, you did not have a social change of survival. Academic wise, it was sufficient. The basic classes were too big and you could tell that everyone didn't care and it was difficult to pay attention when others around you were not. With the meal plan, the food was good. It honestly depends on the person you are and the college experience you desire. It's a good school, it just did not fit me.

Cole

The University of Arizona is a decent school, but sadly is a little more on the party end of the spectrum. It can be hard to form meaningful relationships in the first couple years, because most entertainment that can be found cheap involves drinking or doing drugs at someones house (and since most people are out doing this, if you don't you may have trouble meeting people) Professors are great and available to help students. Most of them are willing to go the extra mile for students in making sure we have the resources we need to be available in their class

Anthony

My school offers amazing opportunities to learn and grow. I moved across the country from the east coast to pursue my degree here. There are opportunities for career, social, and artistic involvement. Campus housing is a social breeding ground. Whatever you hope to gain from your college experience can be found here. The cost for out of state students can be a bit excessive, but if your an Arizona native there's no reason not to at least take a tour.

John

I love coming to this school! It is one of the things that makes living in a town such as Tucson bearable. The campus is beautiful. It always makes me proud to stare down on the mall and see the two long rows of huge palm trees. Going to football and basketball games are always a blast. You can see that there is such a love for the players of whatever sport because University of Arizona athletics are the biggest thing people in Tucson have to cheer for. One aspect of my college experience that I have really come to love is the fact that I can have great intellectual conversations with my professors outside of the classroom and after I have already taken their classes. And it is always calming to know that I have the library to go to after a class where I can peacefully do my homework and read books to no end.

Jhoana

The University of Arizona gives the opportunity to students to express their culture and their background. The University of Arizona provides students with a variety of places to seek any help with the subject that the student is struggling with. They provide with well educated students to help with one another and help each other succeed.