University of Arkansas at Little Rock Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Arkansas at Little Rock

Karie

University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a great school for someone who isn't too concerned with the social scene, but would rather focus on their schooling. While there are plenty of organizations to join to be social, UALR is a smaller school. There is a very large "home" feel about the school and even if you don't know the people next to you, you feel like you are a part of a close knit campus.

Michaela

I love UALR! I transferred here from UCA. I had a bad experience there and transferring to UALR has completely changed my college experience. I have not had a problem with a single professor. The class sizes are great and I joined greek life this year.

Brian

Overall UALR is a great school. I wish I had enrolled at this universityI am yet to have a professor who felt that they were too busy or too important to talk to me.

Landon

The school really gives you a lot of resources and a lot to work with, but it's never really felt like a home. The college is caring for students and their needs, but if you're not up to specs, be it with grades, activities, etc., you can very easily feel left out. It is still a very nice place though.

Andrea

I love attending school here! Very easy campus to navigate, and a pretty walk no matter where you are on campus! My professors are very helpful, and are willing to interact with you one-on-one. There are also many places where you can sit and study, or get homework done.

Edward

nothing...

Bruce

My overall opinion of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is pretty great. I highly recommend going here especially if you want to have good grades and stay focused. The University of Arkansas at Little Rock does not do many parties but they have a variety of clubs, organizations, and events to partake in.

Brianna

It is overall a great school. The people are very nice and encouraging. The professors are encouraging and helpful. There are a lot of opportunities and resources on campus. If a student comes up to me and asked what schools are great to look at I would definitely recommend University of Arkansas at Little Rock as an option.

Ian

I think that overall it is a really decent school and I am glad to be able to attend it. The campus is very nice and classes are decent sized and if there is anyone who is really on the fence for a class or just don’t know what major they want there are so many to choose from that you will honestly find exactly what you need in no time.

Jacob

I would never want to go or be anywhere else. I am only a second semester freshman, but I am already extremely involved because of my Fraternity, wich is the top on campus for gpa, numbers, and community service. The facilities and faculty of U of A little rock make this a very great educational enviornment and the campus life is always fun and never dull.

Ginny

I come from a small town with a small 2-year college. I was nervous about attending a large university, but once I visited the campus I knew that I could fit in easily. The instructors and the faculty are very helpful whenever you have questions. The University makes me feel like I am back home at my previous college.

Jasmine

The departments and facilities are nice. There are many shops nearby and the people seem nice. Some people seem approachable and some are are not approachable. There is some diversity, but in the engineering department there is little to no diversity.

Jasmin

My overall opinion of the University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a great one. The people here are very friendly and there is always a way to get involved on campus. This university has many opportunities for everyone. I'm glad I made the choice to come here.

Ryanne

Definitely built for a student on the go, you go to classes, and you go home. Not really ideal for anyone looking to be submersed in their college experience. There's not enough sports teams, the school spirit just isn't pushed enough for it to feel like a real college.

Peyton

The learning community and academic resources at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock are some of the best that I have experienced in my college career. The professors are attentive professionals that love their field and encourage their students to think critically while retaining their individuality. They expose their students to other professionals that are succeeding in their field and arrange the curriculum so that the student can engage in the professional community. Through this approach, technique, application, and creativity are the main focal points in every lesson. The academic community is not the only advantage to attending this university. With the extracurricular activities offered, every student with any interest can find an activity or subject they love, as well as new friends with which they can share their experience.

I love UALR. I'm a part of The Department of Rhetoric and Writing, and I love it. I also intern at the Writing Center. My professors are invested in student success. They want all their students to be prepared for the workplace, to have the skills they need to succeed, and to help them find the career they love.

Brina

I think UALR is better than other schools because the class size isn't too large or too small. The staff is very friendly and helpful. While the Greek Life and sports are a part of campus, you aren't obligated to join any and no one looks at you twice you do decide to join. There is almost always some sort of activity going on for students and staff.

Amber

The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is friendly to non-traditional students while still providing an excellent first-time college experience. Professors are usually available whenever a student needs help and are willing to work with you if you are struggling. The campus is fairly quiet most nights but there are plenty of ways to be involved in clubs and extracurricular activities. I've found UALR to be especially welcoming to military students. The only negative spot I would point out is that if you have a need for financial aid, you have to be extremely proactive to have a shot at it.

Venetia

I love the campus. I’ve never had a bad professor here and everyone always seems to be friendly. I love it. The buildings are kind of old but they get the job done. One complaint is a lack of campus police. I rarely see campus police but always see maintenance men on campus.

The bureaucratic offices such as Financial Aid and Campus housing are ridiculously unorganized and you will often get different answers from different employees depending on when you contact them. Sodexo really needs to relinquish control of all food services on campus, the food is so bad other than Taco Bell and Steak and Shake that order their supplies from major chains. Not worth the money we are forced to spend in an on-campus meal plan when sometimes the food is entirely inedible!

Destiny

The school is great. It is in a bad area though and there have already been multiple shootings near by. I would like there to be more types of food to choose from and more places to hangout indoors. The professors are kind and really care if you are doing good within your classes. I really like the school.

Nakita

Honestly, I feel like I attend a community college rather than a university just with the atmosphere of the campus. It's always you can't do this or that. They have so many restrictions on us for them to say we're "adults" it's pretty diverse on campus. And with it being a PWI and me being african american I feel we have to work even harder. With the professors you'll run across good ones and you'll run across ones who don't care if you fail or not. They put funds towards things that aren't a necessity at the moment like for instance building and art building when we already have one when they could be rebuilding a set of dorms. Mind you these dorms were the first ever and need some attention lots of it. Overall I feel the university could do a lot better.

Molly

I love the campus amd the culture and the teachers. I think I could really make something happen there with my life but I don't think I could get into this college. The professors seem nice and my brother used to go there. I think I would love it overall if I ever gotthe chance at getting to attend this college. I might not be the smartest but I will work my butt off to be the best at whatever.

Shekuoria

Great experiences ready to graduate next fall

Overall I think it is a great school with minor issues compared to other colleges. It is more affordable than most institutions and they work with you to meet your financial needs. The professors actually make an effort to provide us with opportunities that will help us in the classroom as well as outside the classroom. The students are very friendly and everyone is pretty much one big happy family. The only issues I have with this university no where to park my vehicle and terrible food choices. Overall I think it is a great school for someone like me who didn't get the "full-ride" scholarship they'd hoped for and still be able to somewhat afford tuition and still be given a great education and opportunities.

Isabelle

UALR has become a place where I am afraid to walk by myself because of the muggings and theft on campus. I plan to move off campus due to the alcohol, drugs, and constant crime near and in the dorms. The education is great and the professors are wonderful but the campus overall does not give me a feeling of safety. The police officers sit in their cars in corners and play on their phones.

I personally love going to school at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. The school is rather small and allows for plenty of teacher to student interaction. I feel like my professors actually care about my success. The facilities are kind of old but it's not awful. The greek life scene is currently growing, there isn't greek housing, but it's still a great way to get to know more people and make connections. I recommend doing every opportunity that UALR throws at you because it makes college worth it!

Erin

UALR is the place you go to when you are ready to be serious about your education. The campus has activities for younger students, but it also accommodates those who want to focus on school. I enjoy going to this school because they offer some of the best programs in Arkansas. I am proud to be associated with this school and to the have the chance to be in one of its amazing programs.

Taneisha

I believe that the University has a lot to offer and is a small community, with there not being many things to do in the surrounding area you can easily focus more on your education. The school tries to keep things interesting and has an array of events taking place across campus each day, but the environment would be much better with a football team, and more greek life involvement.

Katie

I love this University. It has played a pivotal role in shaping who I am and who I will become. The buildings are a bit older and could use some remodeling, especially Ross Hall. But in all, I feel safe here. I've made lots of friends here. I feel at home here.

Bruce

The UA of Little Rock is a very serious school geared toward pushing current and prospective students towards their dream jobs. At the UA of Little Rock, students have numerous opportunities to get involved such as clubs/organizations, Greek life, sports or campus events that occur daily. Students can also receive assistance with homework and projects with areas on campus. These areas include the Math Assistance Center, Student Support Center, the Writing Center and the list goes on. There isn’t one thing that a student can not receive any assistance with.

John

Beware of dirty tricks! I paid my own way at UALR, and they ripped me off. I'm an older student with a long record of top academic performance who already had two degrees from UALR when people I know pressured me to go for Nursing and to hang in there no matter what when things went horribly wrong. A result of that pressure is that my relationships with some friends and family have been damaged or destroyed. One Nursing professor hated me because of my race and nationality and formed a conspiracy against me with other Nursing faculty and staff that involved spreading malicious lies, abusive personal insults, hostile nonverbal communications, and singling me out for vastly different treatment in the subjective parts of the course. Their angle of attack academically was on the subjective because they knew it was impossible to defeat me in the objective coursework. I was literally hated out of the program by faculty in what otherwise would have been my graduating semester. I did absolutely nothing to provoke any of that. My time as a Nursing student at UALR was so awful that it made me physically ill just to have to face all of that bullying on a daily basis. It was a horrific traumatic experience that I wish I had never had. I regard all of that as extremely unprofessional from the standpoint of both Education and Nursing. Something is horribly wrong with the administration at this university for this to have happened in the first place, let alone the absence of corrective measures afterward. I complained to them about it in writing. If UALR's status as a state university didn't give it special legal immunity for its wrongdoings, I certainly would have sued. Excepting the Nursing program, I can say that this university has a lot of excellent professors who are mostly older along with a smattering of bad ones. Ignore what any of them tell you about your grades being vital to getting their recommendations to campus recruiters or grad programs. Being a sycophant to the right professors is what matters most with that. I saw plenty of very average academic performers who used excessive flattery on certain professors get the glowing recommendations. This university is in a bad area for crime, so maintaining situational awareness is very important, especially at night or anytime that you're walking alone when there aren't a lot of other people around. Unless you have a friend who is faculty or staff, you will probably never see an internal campus memo or university system memo on how bad the crime problem is.

Alexis

This school is a good option if you live in the Little Rock area or if you are a non-traditional student. There is a good amount of activity within the science department, which is my major and most of my professors have been very generous in their availability outside of class.

Desiree

I love this school! Everyone is friendly and the professors are always willing to help. There are activities happening all around campus to keep us entertained and busy. They even bring puppies!! Who doesn’t love puppies?! I extremely happy I chose this university!

BRANDY

It's a great school. I am glad I chose to go to this school. There is a lot of things going on talent wise. There are weekly functions that you can choose to go to, if you want. The book store always has what it needed, as far as supplies, snacks, and school pride clothes.

Karla

I haven't started yet but I will be starting very soon

Samara

Its a good school if your focused on strictly getting an education. There aren't many on campus activities , but if you know the right people it's a lot of off campus activities. The food is decent, but you will get tired of eating it eventually. I highly recommend this school.

Kenneth

The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a great institution that allows aspiring students of different ethnic and racial backgrounds to be able to pursue their careers. While most colleges do encourage academic success, some of them have low graduation rates, because partying and activities are encouraged. My school allows us to have fun and achieve our learning goals at the same time.

KIRSTEN

UALR is a very good college and I am excited about learning more and perhaps I will be accepted for the Fall of 2019! When I went to visit on their "Discover Day", I wasn't expecting to be so involved in getting into this school, but after the visit I was super happy with what I experienced that day!

Cody

UALR is a very nice school for those who enjoy a small campus tucked into a big city. The small campus size allows ease of access and there is abundant parking. The smaller class sizes is beneficial, especially in the harder subject areas. Fewer students allows more one-on-one interactions between students and professors. Being in the middle of the capitol of Arkansas is nice as well. Little Rock is a beautiful city with a balance between commercial areas and natural spaces (parks). UALR provides the pleasent combination of city living and small school learning.

The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a small school relative to, for example, UCA or Fayetteville, but for me that has always added to its charm. All the faculty and administration on campus go out of their way to answer questions and get the students what they need. There is plenty of interaction across majors, which leads to some fascinating interdisciplinary discussions and debates. As a fourth-year student, I am still more than happy that I chose to go here.

Tranita

its a great school to prepare you for the future. The people are friendly. the professors give out their phone numbers/emails so you can ask questions and respond quickly. The food on campus is pretty good and there are some fast food restaurants in walking distance to eat at when you get tired of campus food. Some classes are a little large, though.

dominick

It is a very great school I would like to go there some day. I liked touring the collage with my school it was pretty cool. i liked atmosphere it was verry fun and cheerful and the professors were very friendly. and we ate lunch at the cafeteria it was pretty good, we had pizza.

Kenya

UALR is a great school. I love how the school has available facilities after hours for studies and workout classes. Also the atmosphere on campus is strong, such as everyone participates every Thursday for spirit day. Lastly the business program is very helpful with preparing you for your future.