Monticello, AR
University of Arkansas at Monticello

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas at Monticello

Drue

the is all of the above here frat, jock, stoner, geek,quiet there is so many different people its so great everyone has a place to fit in

not too sure i dont attend any at the moment just getting used to everything

everyone is very easy to get along with i have many friends. this school is full of friendly mature people that dont judge.

i dont attend them but they seem to great also from what ive seen.

Mykel

Stop. Relax. Take a deep breath. Listen, girl, things are about to get a little crazy for you, and I know you're scared, but I need you to be brave. I need you to gather up all of your courage and do what you know is good for you. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't just follow along with what everyone else is doing. Don't be afraid to say no. Forget how the very definition of the word "procrastination" and do your homework! Make friends, don't let yourself be lonely. Make a playlist for everything you do: road trips, cleaning, studying, homework, partying, whatever. Do what you do, and love what you do. Get a job - I'm not kidding, get one fast - student loans are not fun. But, most importantly, be yourself and love yourself and keep yourself happy. Promise? You sure you can do it? Positive? I know you can. Good girl. Get out there and change the world for me now, baby. You've got a long road ahead of you.

It has a reputation for being a place that people who aren't really going to do anything with their lives go. Not that it actually is a school for the lazy or unintelligent. I know plenty of people who are real go getters, here. It's just hard to say, "Yeah, I go to UAM," when it has such a bad reputation. It makes me feel a little inadequate. Like maybe I should be doing better.

allyson

This school is the number one in outbreaking the record of students and greatest graduation rate.

it is known for their great nursing program. there are people all around that can help you with anything concerning the campus.

The advice that i would give myself is that you have be confident about your education. without education, where would you be now? Education is important in our lives and it helps us learn what is required in our lives. Also, i would tell myself to make good friends such as the ones that could help you throughout the school year. In addition, you must study more than you do in high school. These are the advices i would give myself.

cornissa

School is my number one priority and my only option. I would return to explain to myself that education is the key to success. I would apply myself to the best of my ability,shout when I've done great and smile when I've done poorly. I come from a low income family, neither of my parents graduated, nor did they attend college, but they both still encouraged me to attend college, get a better education, and chase after my dreams. If i could go back i would encourage myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible because loans will kill you in the long run. I applyed for as many scholarship as i could and didn't recieve one. I would highly appreciate it if i could recieve this award because it would help make my life a liitle better and a little loan free.

Attending school is the best way to an education. I love my school, and my teachers are very helpful. The campus is not very large so walking to class is an easy thing to do. The class ratio is very small and the teacher's are alway's available to help you when ever you need them. The most exciting thing about UAM is the tutoring program. There are tutors for every subject. UAM "can not change the world but it can chage the world of one person".Do you have what it takes to be a BOLL WEEVILS?

UAM is great but a down fall is the lack of campus activities.

Harry

I know that if I could have gone back in time and had a talk with myself as a high school senior, I would have encouraged myself to do better in high school, and take the school work more seriously. This would have helped me make the academic transition to college so much easier. I would have had a long talk with myself emphasizing the importance of preparing myself for college, doing more difficult subjects in high school and being more mature through the whole process. While college has often been difficult to balance, as I work full time and go to college part time, it would have been so much easier if I had gotten an earlier start right out of high school. Now over 25 years later, I am earning a degree. I am glad to be doing it, but I sure could have used a wise voice to mentor me back when I made the decision to wait.

elizabethE

i would tell my self to prepare my self better to enter the college life . i would have started college the year thar i graduated because now that i have a three year old son it's alot more harder to take care of him and payatention to his needs and keep up with school at the same time. I would tell my self to work harder and try to get some kind of schoolarship for collerge becaude i dint really think of how much college would cost. I know that it will pay of in the future and that wen i am though my AS degree i will want to go farther and tell my self that i can do it.

Kim

Although most of then keep to their own cliques, the ones who are more open to diversity have been the most loyal and friendly people I've ever met; I'm sure the classmates I do keep in touch with will develop into lifelong friendships.

UAM is often seen a joke around here because it's an open admission school and the idea most students here don't succeed because of how small the school is. I believe there is potential that people must make out of any college experience regardless of where they attend school. The tuition here is very low compared to most universities, and a degree is a degree to me. As long as the students here realize there is potential outside of this small town, I think they have the same opportunities for graduate school or jobs that any student has.

I would repeatedly tell myself that college isn't about getting a degree. A degree may be the main goal of all college students, but it shouldn't be what it's all about. I would tell any high school senior now that college is, most definitely, working on who you are or discovering who you really are. High school often becomes a mask to some people because you try too hard to impress someone else or you try to fit in to all the groups for popularity. I had a lot of trouble with this coming into college because I've always wanted to do what my parents wanted me to do. It actually ended up setting me back a lot, and I wish I could go back and start over with what I wanted to do in the beginning. While in college, do things to find yourself and develop of who you are and what you can do; find your strengths and weaknesses both academically as well as mentally. This will help you imensely in your future in all that you do.

Kim

The University of Arkansas at Monticello has its ups and downs, but only very serious students ever get anything out of the programs here.

Since I've been here I've changed my major once just recently. I learned, through that experience, that not everything is what you expect it to be in the end; not only that, but people you trust with your education can also digress from the pathway of education and then fail to recognize their purpose as a guide. I do understand now, however, that the path I'm on now feels right for me. Everything that happened within this past semester happened for a reason, and I'm still able to finish a degree because fate has determined that I will succeed in this country as a citizen. I know that my parents worked too hard and gave up too much for me to fail now.

It actually depends on the major. Most people who are serious about their schooling and want to learn about their major and how to make it should not go here. With the exception of nursing and forestry, most of the majors here end up being worthless to the student because they don't take it that seriously. The fact that the school has open enrollment is also somewhat of an issue because not every student is here to learn and leave with a degree.

Katie

Its agriculture program. We are the only university in Arkansas with an Agriculture program. We have cattle and livestock here on campus and have students from all over the state and out of state come to be a part of the Farming Industry.

what i have gotten out of my college experience so far, is that it isn't easy. When I graduated high school, i got my own place, and started paying for my own bills and things like that. Working 35 hours a week, being a full time student, and still trying to make time for family and friends is extremely hard. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but I always remember that there will be great things waiting for me at the end of this college journey if I stick it out and finish it. None of my siblings went to college, so, I am the first one of my siblings to go to college, and I am proud of myself.

That it is fun and eventful. When football games are going on, there are always people painting murals for the games and theres alot of spirit and extra curricular activities here at UAM.

University of Arkansas at Monticello administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.