Monticello, AR
University of Arkansas at Monticello

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas at Monticello

shelby

I have learned more then i ever thought could in these past two years. i have made many friends who i know i will keep for a lifetime. College has taught me to be independable and responsable and i love it

Any person looking for a good experience for college who loves one on one with the teachers

Melissa

My college experience thus far has been wonderful. I have made friends that I know will be in my life forever, participated in service organizations that have helped better my campus and community, and enjoyed being apart of a school that gets students involved on campus. Most importantly, I have learned so much in the classroom and outside of the classroom. I am recieving a first-rate education that will enable me to get a good job upon graduation and will always be there for me to fall back on if hard times appear. I would not change the experiences and learning opportunities I have recieved at the University of Arkansas at Monticello for the world.

A person who is focused on getting a good education and excited about experiencing college life in a safe environment should attend the University of Arkansas at Monticello.

The most frustrating thing about UAM is how unorganized each department is when it comes to interacting with each other. For example, when you have a question you may get sent to several different offices before making it to the right one. However, UAM is installing a new computer system this summer that is supposed to help with this situation and make the campus more efficient.

Corey

UAM is known for their Forestry Department and their Nursing Program. They are also known for having the strangest mascot, the boll weivel.

I did not expect college to be so great. I have loved my teachers and classes. The campus is beautiful. I have met many different people from all walks of life. I have even learned alot about myself. I have learned that I have to organize my time, and that I am the one responsible for my grades. I know that I want to be a nurse and that it will take alot of hard work to get there. I have learned that attending college so far has memories that will last a lifetime.

UAM is a community college. This would be perfect for a student wanting small classes, great teacher- student ratio, a change to get a great education, and an opportunity to make friends that last a lifetime.

Stephen

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to think of cost and not the name. I would express to myself that going to the right college out of high school does not mean I have to go to the college with the biggest name. It means going to the college that allows me to get the best education and affordable for my family. Being more considerate to my family and not allowing my selfishness to get in the way of my education and relationships with family. If i could go back in time and talk to my self as a senior in high school, those would be the words that I would say.

Betsy

If I could go back in time when i was still in high school, I would reassure myself that mistakes made only affected me in the future if I let them. I started my college career then stoppped because I thought that I could never catch up to be where I was supposed to be. I started back to college last semester and am hoping to graduate in May 2012! I have surpassed not only my own but everyone else's expectations! It truly is amazing what you are capable of when you don't doubt yourself! Now that I have the right frame of mind there is no turning back for me. A college degree is something I have to achieve for my future.

I wish i would have known a bit more about all the activities that go on around campus. (clubs, organizations,etc.)

This school is not very large in number of students. I don't recommend this school to someone wanting the larger campus experience.

jonathan

The best advice I could give myself would be to take the time in grammer school and high school much more seriously. Didn't understand how the little things they were teaching in elementary school would translate to college and life. The discipline and study habits taught then will help you later in life. I would tell myself to study harder in high school and that all the fun in high school does not equate to the fun you will have as a successful college student and graduate, especially when you are reaping the success in life of having achieved an education. And lastly I would tell myself to take the testing process in high school more seriously, understanding the high cost of higher education, and the importance of higher grades in helping to defer the cost of the educative process. I will finish college but with debt that I wouldn't have had if I would have just worked harder in school. So myself work hard now so you don't get behind in life.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that it is located in a small town where the biggest thing is the Super Walmart Store.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the cost of attending as an out of state student. I understand that states feel the need to fund the education of their citizens, but aren't most of the funds alocated for higher education come from federal funds, and my parents do pay federal taxes. so I therefor should pay the same tuition. It can sometimes be difficult to get all the necessary classes to stay on track for 4 year completion

All students are allowed to live off campus, which I really like. Its really a college town. The town of Monticello really supports the university. Its easy to meet new people and make friends as a new student becase everyone is really nice.

The first thing that I would tell my high school senior self would be "your're doing great so don't sweat college!" The transition is not hard. You are on your own but you will get to know people as soon as you get there! I would say get involved in the campus and get to know as many people as you can. Other than that, I would say enjoy it. College is a once in a lifetime experience and it is what you make it.

People who feel they will do well in a small envoirnment and want to receive a good eduaction should really look at UAM. The class sizes are small which allows you to get to know your classmates and your professors. The campus is beautiful and everything is within walking distance. Everyone that I have met has been really nice and extracurricular activities are supported and available.

Kenyatta

I would tell myself to go ahead and go to college. I would tell myself to move on campus and find a job near buy so that I can raise money to get a job to get a car and pay the bills that need to be paid. I would focus so hard on school to get my education and make my kids and family proud of me.

I consider the wonderful staff and student body are the best thinga about UAM. They don't mind offering nor giving help if you need it. They are all wonderful people.

I wish I had known that I should have gone straight to college after I graduated from high school. My teachers refreshed my mind but I can tell how I have forgotten some things.

Alecia

My classmates are nice, friendly, helpful, funny, love school, and resourceful.

My classmates are nice, friendly, helpful, funny, love school, and resourceful.

I would tell myself to get involved with an organization of some type. Join a sorority or some club. Get out and make friends. Also study hard!

Alexandra

The best college for an incoming freshman is a campus that introduces you to new people and activities yet keeps you focused on your academics too. Not only do you need to work on that balance yourself, you also have to have the right enviroment to help you keep that balance. You don't need a boring campus with no campus life, although it would keep you more focused on your academics, because you would simply be unhappy without a social life. On the other side of the spectrum, you don't need a campus that pulls you away from your academics too much. Even though you may think you have the drive to stay focused, you may be wrong once your opened up to newer social activites and events you've never been apart of before. My point is that you can't just depend on yourself to stay focused. You should choose a college that you can depend on to support you to stay focused yet keep you socially active by meeting new people and getting out there.

The size and how friendly the faculty and students are. The size is the perfect size to make sure you get one on one help from the teachers and your never afraid to ask a classmate a question.

A person who would rather go to a large campus should not attend this college. The campus is still social and fun even though its small, but maybe not as social as someone from a bigger town would like it to be.

University of Arkansas at Monticello administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.