Monticello, AR
University of Arkansas at Monticello

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas at Monticello

Kerry

I considered bigger, more prestigous universities but ruled them out for financial reasons. I found a small college gave an easier envorinment to find my career path and focus on learning the ways of my trade.

Find an environment that you think you can be successful as student, receive a good education, and have a good time. You wont have a good college that offers the things that you are interested in and settle for nothing less. Also, apply for every scholarship at every opportunity you get!

A small town type person who is dedicated and self motivated to be successful.

Matthew

Cows, and how great the college marching band is.

Cows, and how great the college marching band is.

My advice to parents and students for finding the right college would be to look for colleges that will give the student the most scholarships that the student can recieve. Money can disappear fast, and scholarships help out a lot. I would also tell the parents and students to look for campuses that have great research sources. Libraries seem to look and sound boring but they come in great use if they are big and have a lot of sources, especially for research papers. My advice for the students that is looking for the college experience would have to be to choose the college that have a lot of intremurals, which are fun games and tournaments that are held by the college. University of Arkansas at Monticello have great resources and a lot of intremurals. UAM also have a great hospitality which is very important when a student is looking for help.

It is small enough for new students who have trouble finding their classes from building to building.

Heather

I would definately look at all aspects of the college. The distance is important along with the cost and what is offered at the university. If you already know exactly what you want to do make sure that college is adequately prepared for that particular degree.

This school is wonderful especially if you life close. We have people in our class from all across the United States. Some people came for our Nursing program.

Everyone at UAM is accepted and for the most part they all get along. Everyone is there for their education and that is the one thing that everyone has in common.

Alecia

I would suggest starting to research schools early to see which one would be right for you. Apply for as many scholarships as you can that apply to you. While in college, get involved with organizations and do your best to make new friends. Also, study hard and dont party hard.

The worst thing about my school is the parking. The spaces are sometimes too small.

Someone who is not willing to work hard.

Courtney

Most are communters so interaction is limited at best.

Most are communters so interaction is limited at best.

Try to fid out as much as possible about what the school has to offer in the field your student is interested in, if no field of interest has been established then try to match the students tendencies, art and/or communications may be an area where they are most comfortable, look at the liberal arts colleges. Also, don't rule out a Junior College for those who have not made any concrete decisions as to their vocational leanings. Try to make an onsite visit at least once, to every school your student is looking into, find out about housing, extra curricular activities and campus security, together.

Courtney

I would tell students to apply to as many colleges as possible. I would advise them to visit everyone that they are accepted to and choose the one that they are most comfortable with. Do not follow your friends because more than likely you will not remain friends. You will make most of your lifelong friends at college. The college your high school friends choose may not be right for you. Make as many friends as possible because you will need their help sometime during your experience. My friends have been there for me through the good and bad times, and I would not have made it without them. So, try your best to meet as many people as you can. Plus, stay away from those bad apples in the group, and trust me you will be able to pick them out.

The kind of people that shouldn't attend this school are people who are not serious about college.

My classmates are very motivated and dedicated to nursing.

University of Arkansas at Monticello administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.