University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff

raelyn

I love this University!

Sierra

I was once a student of UAPB, but I side tracked. My head is back on right and I'm ready to finish what I started.

Sydne

The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB)is an outstanding institute of higher learning. Here we offer a plethora of opportunities for further development and growth. Student here are friendly and we are all like a family. It is a close knit family environment. Even though our campus is on the smaller side it is very easy to learn and become acclimated to. Our faculty is nice and interested in educating us and make time when we reach out for help. Class numbers are small so most teachers will know you by name and will notice when you do not show for class. I actually missed class one day and my teacher called to check to see if everything was okay. So our teachers really care about our well-being as well as our education We have a number of groups and student organizations that you students an join. We are D1 school and sports are important to us football and basketball games get the most attendance. We would love to have you here at UAPB so come and join the PRIDE !!

Tylissia

I love my HBCU. The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a beautiful campus. The University is not too big or little, it is just the right size. The University offers many different activities for any student. If there are things you are not happy with or would like to put into place there are faculty and students who are willing to help you. We are a school that would come together for anything beneficial. I love The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff.

Tishauna

I feel that this university should be everyone's top choice because while you're here you obtain more than just a degree, you gain great friendships and memories. Here at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff you are not just a number because the professors actually work with you and make sure that you understand. The campus itself is a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere to new students. I would encourage everyone to attend this university.

Christian

Although not the cream of the crop, the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a family. We support one another, take action for what we believe in, and experience real-world situations. The university will prepare you for the next step in your life. As long as you take the opportunity, UAPB will be a true support system. #ILoveMyHBCU

Christine

I love my Alma Mater. When you meet a graduate I can almost guarantee that if you ask them about "Dear Mother" they will know exactly what you are referring to. The alma mater is branded into your spirit from the time you step on campus. The professors & staff are enthusiastic and always put the students first. Education is top notch and scholarship opportunities abound.

jakayla

At The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff, there is so much joy and laughter. We stand firm and sing our alma mater together. There is unity everywhere on campus and everyone works together. The professors are awesome and they teach you everything you need to know. The administration will work with you if you have any miscommunication problems and financial aid is there to help with any financial problem. There are many helpful resources on campus such as the Trio program, the writing center, and the student success center.

Tyjuan

I really enjoy the campus and everyone here including the staff. My opinion is that the tuition is to high for out of state students and that they should allow freshman to have work study. Also the food could be a little better in my opinion. They should also offer more scholarships.

Shiwanda

I absolutely love this place and I'm glad I get to call it home. There are a few things that can be improved, but that's with any university. In my opinion, it could be worse and I receive a quality education so there is no reason to complain. I give my university a five out of five in an overall rating.

Terenisha

I love being a student at this school.

Chris

Great school would recommend to anyone looking for a school with a college town to support it. The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a HBCU and highly accredited. Located here in the south allows for plenty of warm weather to indulge in all sports activity. Come on and see for yourself.

Keionna

It has a very family oriented feel to it, and the teachers are always willing to help. It is also easier to focus because the classes are smaller. This campus has a lot to offer as well as having a few churches surrounding campus. Fried chicken/ soul food Wednesdays are the best and something we look forward to in the cafe!

Dominique

My overall opinion on the University of the Arkansas is that it is a place where everyone is like a family. Your instructors are not there just for a paycheck. They actually care for their students as if they are your parents. These instructors will go the extra mile that many chose to not take at certain universities. The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is in an area in Arkansas where there aren't many restaurants that are close by. The closest restaurant are around fifteen to twenty minutes away by car. Many of the major businesses are in Little Rock, Arkansas. In terms of the actual campus itself, the campus has made great strides. We have a few new buildings on campus for STEM majors. Also many of the buildings on campus are being renovated. The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is rich in culture especially since it is the second oldest college in Arkansas. I would definitely recommend this college to other students. It would be an experience that would be worth it.

Nidal

It's a great school because the professors are very helpful and the atmosphere of the place is very welcoming.

Traneah

Great friendly environment dedicated to helping students succeed. Some exterior improvements and overall mindset improvements regarding what happens in the university could be made. Majority of my professors are very dedicated to making sure we succeed, however there are a few that should reconsider their teaching styles.

kelcie

I love the school. I have no problems with the classes or teachers. The teachers are always willing to help and see any problems you may have. The home work is generally what we go over in class. Teachers do not always provide study guides but the test are normally over power points the teachers go over.

I love it

Keri

I love the classroom settings and the cultural diversity. Everyone is nice and it is like we are a big family. There are so many opportunities here at The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. Anyone who can't decide on a college to attend should definitely consider UAPB.

Alexis

It is an overall pretty good school. The dorms and the housing could be better as far as cleanliness goes. The location isn't the best and there is not much to do around here in Pine Bluff, but I do look forward to being involved and spending the rest of my time here at UAPB.

Joy

It is not bad, but the enviroment is like a big party.

University of Arkansas at

I had a great experience, loved greek life, teachers and coaches.

Meredith

It was a good time with some craziness mixed in. Campus favorites. The end result is an economy proof career and lifelong friends that I still keep in contact with. We had some good times. And my degree has pain for itself many times over. What more is there?

Briana

I love the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff. I feel safe and I have learned a lot since I have attended. There are many opportunities that are offered. There are many activities to do and clubs to join. There are plenty of majors and minors. the faculty and staff is very nice and they do not mind helping with anything you need. I would recommend anyone to attend. they give plenty of scholarships and help if you need money for school.

LaDarius

I personally for the most part enjoyed my 2 years of attending University of Pine Bluff. There have been times where school was overwhelming, but that is to be expected. The students here are mostly sociable and helpful. The instructors and advisors have guided greatly through the past 2 school years even some instructors are at times not willing to help students after class. The campus for the most part is nice and they currently buildings for the students and also improving some building as well. Lastly, I would recommend UAPB for students who are willing to stay close to home for college education.

Jade

The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a wonderful University that I am honored to attend on both a music and academic scholarship. It has it's flaws but I feel that the university has come a very long way and will continue to grow. I feel that the on campus housing could be a lot better, the freshman dorms are no way suitable for any human being, in my opinion, they should be either completely renovated or just torn down completely. The encounters I have had with my professors and staff usually go well with just a few instances of impatient front desk workers who aren't happy to do their job. The cafeteria and the food are decent. The food isn't exactly the best and some days it's barely edible, but we also have the option of Chic Fil A on campus is we are not interested in eating in the campus dining halls. Campus life is fairly simple. Attending a small school is great for me because I don't have to get too overwhelmed, we're a tight little community on our own.

Miracle

Overall UAPB is good school, I enjoy the different things they do around the campus and how people are so friendly and love to start conversations with even if they don't know you. I enjoy the friends I have made since I been here and the different things that goes on around campus. I actually like the school more than I thought I was because of where I am from it's different from Georgia.

KENEDYE

I think it's a great choice if you choose here! the better people that come the better the school will become.

Jade

I believe that it was descent. Since it is a Historically black college it is a little run down, but everyone seems friendly as it is. and the campus was quite quiet. but the sports were actually an amazing experience the crowd was huge and very supportive.

Jada

UAPB is a public university located in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. As a historically black college, UAPB has a strong history of and commitment to the education of black Americans. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 2,250 undergraduate students. Admissions is fairly competitive as the UAPB acceptance rate is 44%. Popular majors include Business, Biology, and Criminal Justice and Safety Studies. Graduating 29% of students, UAPB alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $21,200.

Aniya

The University Of Arkansas at Pine Bluff is a historically HBCU college with diversity and everyone is so welcoming and friendly . This is one of the best hbcu colleges to go to . Always activities and opportunities for every student . So much help from staff and students .