Little Rock, AR
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences

I love it so much! I honestly feel like I will be prepared for real-life nursing following graduation! They also incorporate teaching with other health care professionals so we can integrate interprofessional teamwork outside of school once we’re in the workforce.

Alicia

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is a genuinely unique learning environment, specializing in highly specific fields in medicine. Medical education and care ranges from routine to rare and includes research clinics. For instance, Jones Eye Institute at UAMS is currently providing routine eye care and surgeries, but also serves as a research facility for genetic eye disease. Using the latest technology to help identify genes and trace lineage of the diseases helps to teach not only technology students how to become eye care technologists, but also ophthalmologists in residency and medical assistants. UAMS truly exhibits its core values of excellence, integrity, and respect to support not only their educational environment, but their clinical and community environment as well.

Deionna

My overall opinion of University of Arkansas for Medical Science is that the school is great for students who want to pursue a career in the medical field. I visited UAMS over the summer with JRMC MASH Camp, and I really liked the hands on activities , and how they want to set you up with jobs after you graduate.

Laken

UAMS offers are huge variety of degrees in the medical field. It is paired up with at teaching hospital that allows us a great opportunity of learning. It is ranked top in some of the degrees it offers it students, such as Respiratory Therapy, which is what my degree is in. Class sizes are small depending on the degree you are seeking and their are very realistic labs to help us be the best we can in our professions.

Never lose the drive or passion you have for an education. Don't allow others to make you question your choices. Stay strong and always keep your head up. Even if you have to go only part time to college, you are still going and keep your eye on the prize, your degree. Your education is something that no one can ever take away from you. All of your hard work, late nights of studying, missing out on fun with your friends, will all pay off one day. You're future is brighter then you can ever possibly imagine. You're friends will come and go, some will stay, but must will go. Don't let that stop you from what you want to achieve. You're family will support you, even if they may not always understand why you make certain decisions. But they love and support you none the lest. Keep an open mind it will go far. Stop and listen, cause no, you don't know everything. And just be happy. When you graduate know you did the best you could in everything that was in front of you!

Kim

I would tell myself not to worry about College. It is not as scary as everyone makes it out to be. Teachers will help you with any questions you have and they want the best for you. If you put your mind to it, everything is going to be okay.

University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) has an excellent nursing program with lectures based on evidenced based practice. They also have one of the few Bachelor of Science to Doctorate of Nursing programs in the United States. The American Collegiate of Nursing has implemented new practice standards that will be implemented in 2015. UTHSC is lecturing and teaching the new practice standards and I want my knowledge to be up-to-date the day I graduate and become ready to practice as a Nurse Practitioner with a DNP!

The first and most important advice I would give to myself is to use my time in high school applying for scholarships, grants, and focusing on my education, grades, and ACT/SAT scores. The second most important advice I would give to myself is "Be Patient"! All life experiences do not have to be sought and completed in a few years, take your time, really learn the material, think outside the box, and take time to grow as a person and a student. I also would convince myself to attend my local college to get my prerequisites and live at home saving all my extra cash for the transition from the local community college to the 4-year university. I could have saved a lot of money if I had taken this route and not be looking at the accumulated debt I have currently.

Graduate school is time-consuming and financially draining. I wish that I had been more prepared for the cost of attending graduate school. I also wish that I had been told how to find and apply for scholarships, grants, and loans before I had started the program.

A school of knowledge, care, hope, and opportunity .

A school of knowledge, care, hope, and opportunity .

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to work much harder. Even though college may seem easier IT'S NOT!! You need to make sure you do the best that you can do, so that you can achieve all of the dreams that you want to achieve. I would also tell myself that everything is going to work out. Not to stress too much on the home life but to rather put more emphasis on school.

I do not think there is a bad thing about my school.

Katie

Look for a college that has the best reputation for the degree you want to pursue. Find a college that fits what you want from your college career. Do some research to find out which college and career are right from you.

Someone who is ready to be well trained for a good career.

Someone who is not mentally ready to handle a full load of classes and put a lot of time in to studying.

aleana

the choice is up to you, the student. if the university has what you want, go for it. the university i chose was my first choice. i love it here. i am getting the education i want and need to be successful in life. get involved.

Heather

My classmates are focused but allow time for leisure. We all help each other out.

The right college is not always the "ideal" college. A college that has alot of parties and binge drinking may look good on the surface, but will it really prepare you for the future? A college that promotes socializtion in a positive way through volunteer work or group activities such as karaoke will allow you to unwind without hendering your studies. First of all you need to make a list of your overall goals. What do you want to be? What are your hobbies? What is your learning style? Do you want to live away from home or close? Even if you don't know what your career will be you can still find a college that will help you make that decision. If you find a college that provides the tools you need for success while still allowing time for your hobbies would be a good choice. Find a college that promotes diversity and has many fields of study. I mean college is close to the word collage, right? A collage has an assortment of ideas on it, so why not college? If it is the "right" college you will know what direction you want to go with ease.

I wish I had known how strenious and rewarding my experience at UAMS would be. I am really glad I chose the career I did.

University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.