Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

Jordan

If I were going to give advice to someone I would first off say you should just choose whats feels right to you. Dont make your decision based on your parents or someone else. You should go on a visit to the school and after that you will know already if its right for you. I knew when I came to The University of Arkansas at Fort Smith it was the right place for me academically and athletically! I hope you make a wise decision as to which school you choose. I know I did!

The best thing about my school is its not to stressful and I love the academic standpoint. I also love playing baseball for the university!

Kurt

It is Community College that went to a 4 year University about 3 years ago. As a result it still feels like High school and I have never been in a class that has more than 40 students. It is very friendly and all of the Professors are teaching oriented, they don't do research so they are only there to teach.

My advise to finding a college is to start looking during the students senior year of college, or even junior year. This is because you not only need to find the right college, you have to apply, find scholarships, financal aid, and more. Don't forget that you will be spending the next 4-6 years of you life there. Also find what you want major you want to declare. I've seen many undeclared students spend money on useless classes when they don't have too.

sam

Find a college that has almost everything that you want, dont settle with the first one that you see, find one that there are student resources that will help you study or relearn thing things in class that were not tought well, And last find one that you can afford when they secretly apply charges to you account and you have to pay for them.

the best thing about this school, are the technical fields, lik e welding and automotive and the more hands on classes, the teachers are more likley to be interested in you learning the course.

Sabrina

Honestly, my school promoted cheeper tuition and avalablitly of classes but when it came to advisement and help I was a little on my own, but I was able to get in some of my classes that I needed for a transfer.

There are some critical points that need to be addressed when looking for the right college. The main concern would be the avalabilty of the classes you need to obtain your goal of a degree. My advice would be to meet with professors and advisors before making a choice as well as looking into what the everyday students say not just the ambassadors that are selected to promote the school. They are there to tell you all the good but in times forget to mention the bad. Question everything and know everything there is to know about a school and its workings. Just because tuition may be cheaper does not mean the school is going to have what you need. Find what you need and then make a decision. As for making the most of your college experience, find a balace between work and study. Make the grade and make friends, they will both help you in your college life and social life and make it an easier ride for you. Enjoy your college experience to the fullest you only have it once.

The most frustrating thing about my school was when I was told I had to have so many hours before I could speak with an advisor, and then there were so many classes that were not available that were in the course catalog.

Chris

This school is accelerating academically rapidly, full of opportunities, but still needing some administrative organization.

My classmates at UAFS are fun and motivated.

Find a school that makes you feel comfortable when you first walk on campus (yes you should visit a campus that you are considering spending a great amount of time attending). Research multiple opportunities and schools and allow no limit to your search; remember that you can begin narrowing choices later. Keep in mind the cost of your education when making decisions such as housing and living expenses. However, realize that sometimes spending the extra money up front will allow you to focus more on the quality of your education while you receive it rather than scrimping through your college journey which could create more work in the long run. In other words, prepare yourself to be successful and make awesome grades. College is an intense amount of work but should be fun so become involved socially. Lastly, follow your heart and have fun learning and earning more opportunities for your life!

Sylvia

U A Fort Smith was my first choice and one that I would do again. I love going to this college and I believe that it is a great school and the professors and students are helpful and very friendly. There is something for everyone and always something to do. The campus is cleary marked and the classes are easy to find.

This school is very education oriented and will make sure that your student has what they need to attent classes. If you want to be part of a great college community then UA Fort Smith is the right one for you. I can only say good things about this college.

I believe anyone can attend this school as long as they are serious about their education and willing to do the work and study.

You have to pick a school that is right for you. You have to apply yourself by putting 100% into your education. Don't wait and go today.

Need more financial aide. It would be nice to have someone to find all the scholarships you are eligiable for and help you to get them. The cost is not real high but a person in my situation needs all the help I can get.

Someone that like the big cities and lots of excitement.

Matthew

I would not just look at one college. Try to get as many scholarships for at least three different schools. By doing this you can simply weigh out the positives and negatives at all three schools. This in return will allow you to make a good decision regarding the college you plan to attend.

Academically focused!

I feel as though the fraternities and sorities are trying to take over!!

Dillon

Dear prospective students/or parent, The right college should be determined first most by the quality of the faulty and real world experience of which the faulty have. Next would be the cost of the education at the university. After those two most important attributes would fall; the living situation of the student (on-campus vs. off-campus living) , quality of university buildings/classrooms, physical aesthetics, distance from parents, and helpfulness of university administration. The college experience should be well balanced with both social and educational situations. Universities allow students to expand both mentally as well as socially. Study hard, and play hard. Join as many university extracurricular activities as you can without impacting your grades. This is done for two reasons. Firstly to allow new students to meet people/develop new friendships, and secondly to allow you to take a break from your studies.

Administration is lazy and unresponsive to students needs. In most cases they go about things ass backwards.

Great looking campus, good professors, and low cost.

april

To talk to students who have been through the program you will be applying for. To only go to school if you know your ready to commit to a big responsibility. To go to a school that will help you with scholarships, or that has an abundant amount of scholarships available. To always look for what is more convienant and affordable for you.

The nursing program. It is horrible. There is not enough time to learn everything that they put before you and you learn most of it on your own without teachers help. They have powerpoint presentations that you are required to read before class and then they just read them to you. Pretty stupid if you ask me and a waste of my time. Also, If you fail a test you are out of the program and are forced to with draw, no matter what semester you are in. A true waste of the students time and money.

Only those who are comitted to working hard and learning the material. Those who want to work on a bright future for themselves. Those who wish to succeed.

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.