Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

Richard

I would tell tell myself that i need to relax , everything will come very fast. College is serious business, it's not just an extention of high school. What you do in college will determine the rest of your life. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do it or that your not smart, becuase you are. You are a lot smarter than you give yourself credit for. If you continue to doubt yourself it will hold you back from your true potential, all of your relationships will fall apart and you will become antisocial. You also need to fill out more scholarships, because your are very poor and need the money to go to college. That procrasination B.S. that you have been doing in high school won't work, this also goes for your classes too. Anyways i wish you the best of luck, i know you can do it after all you are me. Oh, and by the way no matter how tough things get or how messy the situation, never give in or give up no matter how much you want to fall flat on your face.

Sylvia

This school has a deversity of students both racial and ages.

This school has a deversity of students both racial and ages.

Sylvia,WAKE UP : will you please realize that your choices effect your future.Concentrate!! everyday life struggles are hard now but will be harder if you let them keep you back. Siblings in your in charge are watching you ,you will be the first to go to college the first to blaze the trail you and only you can do that at this time. You must not forget your good study habits,your strong inner drive to succeed ,don't let anyone tell you it isn't worth it ,remember a great mind is made not given! You are worth all that you seek to achieve consistency is the key never ever quit press forward and you can get that degree. Four years will pass no matter if you are in school or not --why not school ? You have more to gain than all the struggles you could ever possibly face, so don't be afraid to succeed.

I wish I had a little better idea how demanding the work load would be and have more knowledge of all resources availabk\le to me.

Evelin

If I could go back in time and advice my own self about transitioning from high school to college I would totally do it. The best advice that I would give myself is to value my education alot more. We often take for granted all the opportunities that we are given in high school. Not knowing what we want to do for the rest of our lives or not wanting to attend college is some of the reasons why students including myself don't appreciate the free services offered out our local highschools. One thing to remember is that we are not always going to live off of our parents or siblings one day we will have to grow up and move on with our lives and whenever that time comes and you decide that going to college is path you are wanting to take don't look at yourself in the mirror one day and regret not taking that extra math class or that anatomy elective you were being offered in highschool. Think that you are being blessed for having opportunities to be successful in your life that other children around the world don't have. Consider yourself lucky.

Based on my experiences at this university I think if a potential student is considering a college where fraternaties and sororities are the main attraction to the college, UAFS might not be the best school to consider. UAFS does have fraternaties and sororities where students can be a part of but they are not as big and known as they are in other colleges. Mostly the fraternities and sororities at UAFS are based on helping the community and individuals at their school rather than "partying and drinking" like they might be in other institutions.

The most frustrating thing I have experienced at this school is dealing with time management. Depending on your major it can get pretty hectic. I am a pre-nursing student and I mostly take biology courses and it seems like the exams and homework assignment are always due at the same time. It can become a little frustrating to me only for the simple fact that I feel I could have prepared a little more If I weren't so time constricted with all my assignments, other than that there's not much to be frustrated about at this university.

Brian

Despair and desolation depicts the soil you stand on, lacking lust and aspiration. Tantalized by success, tormented with constant reminders of inadequacy, you've tethered yourself to a rope of hopelessness and uncertainty. I cannot allow you to proceed to lower yourself into an enthralling hole of self-destruction. Brian, I've lied in that hole, ostracized and broken. I admitted defeat, but for you that's not an option. For potential lies graciously in your palm and opportunity is knocking but growing impatient at your doorstep. You have something I never had: potential and it's enticing. You're a phoenix, Brian: indestructible, unconquerable, and rare. You're standing on the brink of greatness, this advice is all I have to offer and it is catalyst that will take you there.

JULIA

Well UAFS is my dream school as a child and,it has wonderful educational opprotunities and many social events to get envolved in- I love it!

Everyone is helpful and friendly, it's like one big family at UAFS!

Honestly, a year ago, I couldn't see my self here. I was very doubtful of my self. If i could go back, i would tell my self " hey you're gonna make it,; just keep pushing on and hold on to your dreams!". I'll admit there were times i wanted to throw the towel in- but I'm sure glad I didn't!

Jordan

The University of Arkansas at Fort Smith is a newer four year institution that depicts a pragmatic attitude towards the excelling of its students and sees to it that each student makes the best grades possible.

The University of Arkansas at Fort Smith is unique in comparison to other schools I considered because it has a welcome atmosphere. While it has the resources of a university, it offers the attention needed for students as a community college offers. The University has an excelling business department that offers different methods of help for students, whether it be tutoring or personal assistance from the professors. The faculty and staff are excellent at informing students about upcoming activities and opportunities to maximize a full experience at the college by e-mailing or sending out newsletters.

The advice I'd give if I were able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior would be to take college more serious. Most people do not realize how serious college is until they drop out and never attend school again. College is not cheap and when you pay for it out of your own pocket, you realize what priorities are important to you most. I'd also inform myself about the importance of applying for scholarships and the stress it would relieve myself from if I weren't so lazy as a high school student. Also, when attending college I'd tell myself it's not always appropriate to put off work that could be done ahead of time because you never know when assignments can pile up along with projects and test within a few days. The pressure of being on your own may seem new but letting outside influences overwhelm what's the important task is not worth the risk of being sent back home under the roof of your parents. As a high school senior, stay focuesed on your goal and don't be afraid to ask for help from anyone.

Emma

This is your last year in high school Emma! You look at everything as if it is easy to do right now and trust ME it is compared to college life, no rent due every month, no bills, and you don't look at groccery shopping as a way to spoil yourself! Who would have ever thought that you would even learn how to cook, mom can't even believe it! Emma, just remember to keep your dreams alive and strive for all you believe and love to do. Don't give up on yourself or put yourself on hold for others or life. Life has never pushed 'pause' to allow you to take a break from everything. Follow your heart in everything that you do, at times you will feel like your dreams are unreacheable and people will doubt you. Remember the key is in yourself. When you reach that dream you want you will find that you are following your heart to fulfill the career that fits you! Right now you don't know it but you pushed your dream out to fit life! Life has twists and turns, ups and downs, keep on believing in yourself!

Adam

The atmosphere is very open and relaxing. The view is amazing. Its close to my family.

Fill out as many applications as you possibly can, take SAT again, Take ACT, Get involved in College Discovery Programs. Apply For Financial Aid.

Brad

"Look, me. Start busting your butt and get this stuff done and don't blow things off." I would tell my younger self that he hasn't realized his own potential and that he is plenty smart enough to make straight a's if he applies himself. I would tell myself not to worry about the past and to look forward and focus on the things that will help me make something of myself. College being the number one thing, and to not wait till the last minute on scholarships and college applications because in the long run, when you take things one day and one step at a time, it makes the work load seem much, much less when you section it out instead of procrastination and trying to cram or b.s. a paper or project. Keep your chin up and keep moving forward.

The person who is prepared for college to be a lot of hard work and time-consuming study sessions is someone who will do well in Fort Smith. Prioritizing and putting homework and studies before social events and parties is going to succeed and exceed expectations. You have to know that its not all fun and games and that you have to put forth a substancial amount of effort to makes good grades is going to be a good college student.

Someone who is not going apply themselves and not put forth their all into school. If you go up to college planning to party and only study a little bit then you're setting yourself up to fail. The people that do this don't have their priorities straight and are going to get further and further behind in their classes and homework. Someone who is lazy and doesn't believe they have to work hard in college is also someone who wouldn't do well at the University of Arkansas-Fort Smith. I plan to be neither of these.

If I could advise my high school self, I would tell myself that no matter the cost, I should go to the school that I want. I should not settle for a school just because it is cheaper. I would also tell myself that there are so many more scholarships and federal funds for which I could have applied. I would make sure that I studied more in high school and learned to use study groups to prepare for college. I would also make sure that somehow, I lived on campus. I believe that one cannot get the full college experience without being fully emersed in student life and having to interact with other students in academic and non-academic fields. I do not feel that my high school did a good job of preparing me for college, or that the University did a very good job of making me feel like a part of their instituion instead of just a number.

My high school did not prepare me for the amount of work I would be doing in college. The work is much harder than I had expected. I was in the top of my class in high school and did not need to study. When I went to college it was a big shock because I actually had to study and I had to teach myself how to study.

There are a lot of Non-Traditional Students on campus, which I think is wonderful. However, the school focuses more on them than the incoming freshman, which makes the freshman feel left out and like they don't belong. I feel that if the campus had more resources, they could appeal to not only the Non-Traditional Students, but also the incoming freshman. I believe that this is why the school does not retain students as well as they could.

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.