Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

I would tell myself to save all the money I earned. I knew college would by expensive, but I never knew how hard I would struggle in getting enough money in scholarships to pay for everything year to year. I think I was very well prepared educationally for my college, as I graduated from a very good high school. The only other thing I would tell my self is to prepare to be independent, because college has almost a little too much freedom!

I wish I had known more about their merit scholarships. They do not advertise them at all, so you have to be on the search for them. If I had known about them, I may have gotten more money for this year.

This school is relatively small, so anyone who prefers a big school probably should not attend this university. Also, this university holds the most common majors. So if your major is uncommon, they may not have it. UAFS is big in psychology, medical fields, dentistry, techinical majors, and biology.

Alyson

My school is the perfect school for me: close enough but also far enough from home, medium size, located in a good city and in a good part of the city, good housing, good teachers, and great students.

I would tell myself that it was going to be harder than I thought - that the transition wouldn't just be a breeze. I would tell myself that to focus on school and not worry so much about going home every weekend and sometimes during the week. I would say that even those classes that seem pointless still affect your GPA and you have to take them seriously or it can mess up your financial situation and your GAP for the rest of your college career. I would tell myself that just a little more work at the beginning of college could save a lot of work later on.

I think that the only kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is a person who thinks that they can go off to college and just party and not attend classes and still do well in their college career. Most teachers take attendance in class, so students are required to attend a certain amount of classes. If you don't intend on taking college seriously, this isn't a school for you. It isn't a hard college, but you do have to try.

Toni

I haven't considered any other schools due to a few facts that my mother attends school here and its a convient drive from home and work.

I wish I would've had more interest in high school considering my gpa ran between 1 and 2. I think education is so important now and I'm glad I waited to go to college. If I would've went to college immediately after high school, I would've made the same mistakes as then.

My classmates are all theatre majors, and we are a pretty weird bunch.

I have grown so much as both a performer and a person during my years at University of Arkansas - Fort Smith. I have done more to follow my own heart in the past five years than I ever did previously. I have made lifelong friends here and learned valuable skills that are maybe not so conventional but will benefit me nevertheless. It is because of my experience here that I have the courage to pursue my dreams. I have never been discouraged by a professor or classmate; rather, each has urged me forward in my post-graduate goals. I feel prepared for what lies beyond the walls of academia because of my experience here.

Joann

I have learned that in order to suceed you must push youself harder everyday. Studying is a #1 priority. And attendenc is also very important.. Not going to class is like paying for a movie and not attending the showing. Basically you paid for that class and the instructor to teach you the material so why miss the class. I just dont understand some students that skip class this is so disrespectful towards your teacher for one and your just cutting yourself short of extra knowledge you could have learned on the day or days you missed that scheduled class day. I currently work full time as an EMT and in 2007 graduated Paramedic school and im a full time mom of 4 children. Its been rough BUT YOU MUST STRIVE TO SUCEED!! You have to want it to get it! Iam 30 years old and have decided i would like to work in the Criminal Justice feild. College has made me a stronger person, because it is stressful at times but i understand that you cant get anywhere in this ole world without an education! I work hard and study hard for my education and for my family!

Our school is currently talkng about and trying new ideas about GOING GREEN!!, Teachers are very kind and considerate. My school provides free tutoring in alot of different subjects. We have a very clean campus. I love my school! We have an indoor gym (free to students). Several computer labs. All employees are always willing and excited to help you out at all times!!

About parking... Parking can be kinda crazy at times. But other than parking i recommend UFAS to any student looking to futher their education.

Shawn

My college experience has taught me to be patient, but also to be ambitious and go for the stars. I have learned so much not only through my classes and professors but through the friends I've made. The professors are very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The office staff has been nothing but great. I am very satisfied with just about every aspect of campus. I think that the most valuable aspect of attending the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith has been the things I have learned about myself through this school, not only through my education but through the friends and the events I've attended.

I wish I had known that I would be accepted for who I am and not have to worry what other people think.

A person who wants to be accepted for who they are no matter what should attend this school. They should also be ready to learn and be social.

Dustin

Univesity of Arkansas is a place where you can discover who you are and find what you want to do with your life.

I am a very devoted college student studying music at The University of Arkansas Fort Smith. I am the first one in the building when it opens at 6:30 in the morning, so i can practice my instument and prepair for the day, and almost alway one of the last ones to leave at 9 when the building closes. I do this so i can mae sure all my work it done and also so i can become the best musician and musical composer possible. When we have peformances I'm at the venue hours before the show to make sure everything is in place and after i stay late to make sure everything is put back. I work hard at what I do because I love it and i can wait for the day to have a career doin what I love, Writing and performing music!

The music fauculty is the best within 1000 miles of Fort Smith.

Whitney

It has prepared me to move on to a larger college and it has saved me a lot of money by getting my basics out of the way at this school.

The worst thing about UAFS is that they spend money on stuff thats not needed.

This is a very diverse school and its very easy to fit in and get involved.

Shawnee

I have highly developed my concept of design and my skills concerning all aspects of design.

I think the wide variety of students on our campus is the best thing about my school. I think this because it allows all of the student to be exposed to different cultures and their views.

I think the worst thing about my school is the fact that because we highly value our freedom of speech we can not kick out people who are intentionally trying to cause discourse in our school.

Thomas

Small college, growing rapidly in past couple of years

Small college, growing rapidly in past couple of years

I have learned so much while being here, and made many friends in the process. It is a small college that is growing more each year. I do wich there were more activities on campus, and most of the people here go home on the weekends so it can become very hard to find something fun to do. I would say a good 70% of the people that go to this college commute here, the college experience here feels more like an oversized community college than anything else.

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.