Fort Smith, AR
University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas-Fort Smith

Chris

It used to be a community college, and it's starting to grow and get a lot more students. It's a decently close together campus, so there's not a lot of walking which is nice. In my opinion, it has an amazing music department. It's a very organized school. It's close to home and overall it's just a really good school.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself that college is not at all like high school is. There is some advantages and some disadvantages. I would tell myself that I need to get prepared for a different life that's a lot harder than high school is. You need to get prepared to study and practice your instrument every night. You need to get financially prepared to pay tuition and books. You need to stop goofing around right now and start being serious about school. If you screw around in college than there's no going to the principals office or anything, there's no second chances. If you want to get anywhere in life you need to do well in college, I know you can you just have to tell yourself to do it Chris. The most important thing of all is that you need to just start being mature and be serious about college it's the most important thing right now. It's only hard if you make it hard I know you can do it. So go get 'em tiger!

That college is definately not like High School at all. I would have also told myself that I need to get ready all the work and practicing I'm going to need to start doing, and I would have told myself not to mess around and start being a serious student and start working hard because this is what's going to decide on what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life. It's serious stuff so be ready for it man!

Morgan

My classmates are very helpful and kind in all of my classes and work together to make the class more interesting.

My school is best known for being a place of higher learning and a prestigious campus.

If I could go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there would be a lot I would tell myself to prepare me for an entire new outlook on college life. I would tell myself not to be as nervous as I was the first day of the first semester, and not to think that the professors were going to hurt me if I didn't have all of my supplies. Another would be that college is your own responsibility and to attend class or not, that would be up to me. Also, I would tell myself that no matter what happened, that I should never give up. To always strive to do my best and leave it at that. Lastly, to have fun. College is more laid back than high school is and it shouldn't always be stressful. Enjoying life, becoming what you've always wanted to be, and making memories should be the most important part of the college life.

Kia

It is small but big enough for you to learn.

It is small but big enough for you to learn.

Always look to strive for more never settle for less. And always look for scholarships and loans early.

It is a fun, well organized, prefectly sized school for you to get that degree you want. Classroom size is perfect for one that likes one on one work.

Dont give up, work hard and stay in school. Take your Act, which I did not do in high school. When you put your mind to school work you can accomplish anything.

Ther students in each class and the professors are the best thing at our school. Students are all friendly and will help you when needed. Professors will go the extra mile to make sure you succeed in school amd life.

Dorothy

Start with a small college for your basic classes and then transfer to a larger college. Check out the larger colleges find out which will fit your needs educationaly as well as personal needs. Make sure you are acquainted with the layout of the college and the time it would take to get from one building to the next when college is in full swing . This will come in handy when you schedule your classes fom year to year. Get to know the teachers. Check with students to see what the teachers are requiring so you can be prepaired. Go expecting to be challenged.

The lack of Tutors in the advanced Math field as well as the hours of the tutoring . Several students work and can not go to tutoring during the 8 to 4 scheduled times. This make a hardship on the students with other jobs and with a family. This is a field in which we have a great demand but not many who have the ability to tutor in the higher Maths.

I came from a small town and the University of Arkansas Fort Smith has the educational value of a large university with out the large size. It does not over power you by its size like some of the larger university in Arkansas .

Maresha

I would apply for numerous scholarships and grants as possible, my advice would be to make sure I stay very well organized, determined, stay positive , being focus, and studying and writing for college is a necessity. Spend less money and stay away from the loans, and credit cards, and excessive spending. Prepare and challenge yourself. And my main goal would be to graduate in top of my class. Make sure I get a Bachelor degree. I would stay around positive people as well. Listen to all adults advice.

They have a great nursing program, and they guarantee that their students employment if they want it in the Fort Smith hospitals.

That the professors work well with the students and the school cares about their each and everyone of their students. They have one of the best medical schools and a high graduate turnout in the medical field. They're very competitive also. They also make sure that the students have enough money, grants or scholarships

Alex

It's a fairly small school, the professors know who you are and are interested in you succeeding

I would tell myself not to skip class because it isn't like high school where if you miss it's not really a big deal, just make up the work and you're done. If you miss a class in college, you miss valuable lectures and class disussions that would help you out significantly on the tests. There isn't a whole lot of homework so it makes it tempting to skip class, but don't skip. It's not worth it and you're paying them to teach you so why would you not show up? I would tell myself that the tests are a lot harder than they are in high school and to study as soon as you get the material instead of cramming the night before. That doesn't work like it does in high school. There is a lot more material and it's more of do you really understand the material, more practical uses of the material instead of just reciting what the teacher said.

There are no dead days before final exams begin. The parking situation is not very good and it's hard to find a spot to park.

tarshica

stay focus because it will pay off in the future. Remain yourself always never change for anyone.

not enough activities for the african american population or as the same activities as the surrounding colleges.

Andrea

If I coiuld go back to advise myself when I was in high school, I would tell myself to relax. It would have been nice to know that I don't have to be responsible for everyone and everything. It would have been nice to know that there would be a day when I wouldn't have to help pay my parents bills. It would have been nice to know that my siblings were going to be ok when I left for college. In general, I could have really benefited from knowing how to relax, and knowing that the world wouldn't stop when I started to take care of myself and nopt everyone else.

The advisors are not quite on top of things. You have to send multiple emails and visit them several times just to get one thing acomplished.

The teachers make a point to get to know you, and help you.

My school is small enough to where you can park and walk to almost every building on campus and still make it to class on time. But large enough to provide numerous opportunities. Other schools tend to be so big that it can be hard for students to make it to where they need to be in a timely manner and it can disrupt the learning process and focus.

My advice for students would be to take a leap of faith. Even if you feel like college isn't right for you, take a chance. It's amazing the opportunities and chances you'll have once you walk on the campus. Take time to enjoy your college experience and meet new people while still planning for you future. It's never too early nor too late to better yourself and college is just the thing to do that. My advice for parents would be don't worry about money. There is plenty of help out there and plenty of advisors on campus to help you and your child in finding that help. Also, don't be afraid to let go. Let you child experience life to it's fullest. Encourage them to take chances and to get out there and make a name and a life for themselves. All in all, college is the one place you can go to ensure positive influences and brighter futures.

The worst thing about my school i would have to say would be the cost. I work and go to school. It's hard to make ends meet and pay for tuition and books. I want a college degree so i can succeed and go far in life but the cost just seems to keep rising. That makes getting a degree hard.

University of Arkansas-Fort Smith administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.