Fayetteville, AR
University of Arkansas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Arkansas

Grantel

A very good institution

A very good institution

Zachary

I love this school! Growing up in Texas I had no idea I would end up here. After two years of living here I wouldnt want it any other way!

Alex
About My Experience

About My Experience

The University of Arkansas is full of culture and experience. The professors or always available, and want to see there students succeed. I always have friends available who are willing to go to the library and study.

Cheyenne
Hilltop Paradise

Hilltop Paradise

In the beginning, I wasn't actually planning on coming to the U of A. But when I got rejected by my dream college, the U of A was my fall back. Now that I look back at it, getting rejected by my first choice was the best thing that has happened to me. I've met my best friend here, I've broken out of my shell, and I am experiencing all that I can. The design program I am in is the best I've been in. We get so many travel opportunities. We have the chance to study in Rome for a semester, which is something I have always wanted to do. I couldn't think of a better school to go to.

Courtney
Junior

Junior

I love our small town and it's super close to Kansas City, Little Rock and Tulsa and with Walmart and Tyson HQ there is a lot of opportunities for internships and guest speakers. Perfect college town.

Anna

I love the University of Arkansas. The professors are approachable and understanding. The campus is gorgeous year-round. The students are kind and helpful and fun.The offices are managed well and are always helpful and patient.

I believe there is a stereotype that UofA students spend most of their time partying at the local bars/pubs nearby the campus. However, most of the students I have come into contact with have expressed their eagerness to do well in school and how hard they work at keeping their grades up. It is a small population that constantly parties instead of taking their classes more seriously.

Students at the University of Arkansas are kind, generous, helpful, and good. Almost everyone seems to be friendly and in good spirits.

The academics at the University of Arkansas are above par, in my opinion. I have learned more at this school than I have at the other colleges I have attended.

Tyler

I think the worst thing about my school is how it handles feedback from students. Poor professors seldom incur any form of discipline, just a lack of rewards. On the flip side, professors who do well require significant amounts of positive feedback to receive any kind of benefits for positive work. Neither of these scenarios results in professors having a motivation to do their job well.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the recurring theme of students' tuition being used to fund additional construction projects. It creates a cycle - they take out a loan and incur debt for new construction, students' tuition goes up. Once the project completes and the debt is repayed, the process starts over, but at no point does tuition go back down. I'm frustrated by the fact that the academic institutions as a whole view students as sources of income instead of individuals seeking to gain knowledge.

First and foremost, I would tell myself to seriously get checked out by a psychiatrist. Medication for Bipolar disorder has helped so much, and having that work against my favor during my senior year really harmed me. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship that added to my stress and kept me from getting sleep I needed, not only before tests, but during day to day activities as well. I would tell myself not to bother taking AP Statistics, and to instead take AP Calculus. Statistics isn't needed in my major plan, and Calculus is difficult for me to grasp. I would tell myself to take ACT preparation exams and really push for a higher score - just a few more points and so many more opportunities would have opened up for me. I would emphasize to myself to really seek help, because then I would be more motivated to take care of myself, and take advantages of the opportunities I did have. I would also tell myself to keep looking for local software development internships - I got one and it was amazing. Basically, I would say that I needed to prioritize myself.

Leanne

There are resources and opportunities available for you every step of the way and for whatever you may need.

I wish I would've known how rewarding being in the Honors college would be at the University of Arkansas. I have achieved so much in just one short semester. I have learned alot about myself and my own capabilities by the work that I have put in here at the University.

University of Arkansas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.