University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

The University of Arkansas was different from other schools in that it was a great research university with plenty of opportunities for educational and social advancement. For me, this school represented the "best of both worlds". The school has an enormous amount of support from alumni and the school spirit one will encounter is unimaginable! I believe that anyone who chooses to attend the University of Arkansas will leave a more enriched, cultural, and educationally-prepared individual. One message of advice for prospective students is to learn how to balance work and play; balance is important for success.

The main thing that is unique to the University of Arkansas is the amout of friendly school spirited students that roam this campus. At any time and at any moment you could ask for directions or the time and you will recieve your answer by a person with big smile and a razorback shirt. People are accepting to everyone, it's hard not to make friends on this campus. Even off campus everyone is super sweet, and are willing to help you in any way. I guess you can say that the University of Arkansas has a true southern hospitality.

Having visited other colleges but only attending one its tough to say what is truly unique here but my best attempt would be the local people. There is a certain quirk of personality that I enjoy interacting with on a day to day basis. It is summed up best in the stickers plastered around the town in various locations that simply read, "Keep Fayetteville Funky" which encourages people to shop in local business with their distinctness rather than a boring cheaper outlet.

Being a razorback is a true honor. Whether it is watching the football game on a saturday afternoon and "callin those hogs", or seeing Old Main lit up at christmas time. The University is a big college with a small college feel. No matter where I am on campus I always see someone I know. The most unique thing about the University compared to the other schools is that as soon as I walked on campus I knew I was going to be a razorback!

The school is such a large university, but the resources here are endless! Somehow, class sizes still are able to fit into that of a high school setting, and the amount of individualized attention you recieve is incredible. It truly is a school with large enough resources to send you far, but small enough communities within to allow you to thrive.

Compared to other schools, the school that I attend is very research based. The science teachers all have projects and research labs that they're running. Students seem to be enjoying life at the school I'm going to . One can see students playing frisbee on the lawn and just having a great time. All while maintaining a healthy acedemic record.

Arkansas was a big school with a small school feel. It has a special Freshman Engineering program that really helps the freshman get integrated into the school both academically and socially. Arkansas is also very racialy diverse and so there is almost always some sort of international event going on on campus that you can take part in.

You are given direct answers, as opposed to being sent on a wild goose chase. The campus is now smoke-free. The senior walk is unique to the University of Arkansas, as it is the only school in America to engrave grads' names on the sidewalk. The environment is among the best I've even been in.

The main reason I choose the U of A is because it's price is extremely cheap relative to the very sophisticated curriculum. I'm very grateful I've been given the opportunity to go to this school. Personally, this school is unique to me because it's changed my life in the best way possible.

The campus life is very unique. We have very artistic ways of expressing different religious/political/social views on everything. We use chalk on sidewalks to communicate between different groups of people at our school and to get the word out about social events. The campus is amazing.