University of Arkansas Top Questions

You can not enter a business with a radio on that isn't tuned into the Razorbacks on any given game day. The closer you get to campus the more support you see for the teams.

Lorie

For the most part the stereotypes are accurate. You will never get far at the university unless you are from Arkansas. Getting a job there is almost impossible unless you are an alum. If you are looking for good minority representation among the students or faculty you are out of luck.

Yes, very accurate

No.

Kris

nope

Some!

Simone

explained above

Yes!

No

ALEX

Not really because I know the GREEKS have the highest GPAs and we have to keep those high GPAs to stay in the GREEK system.

Julianne

Yes

Nikki

not so much.

Some

Cat

For some people, yes.

with a lot of people, yes. but not always

No. I actually got into the University of Texas and Texas A&M and I still came here. The valedictorian at my school the past two years also came here. my graduating year and the year before both came here.

No this stereotypes are very false

no

NO

no

Maura

no! not at all

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Most of the time.

Ash

I beg to differ, the University of AR is a very diversified college and many of the "rednecks" are not in school up here.

the first one is definitely not. sure, some podunk cities in the middle of nowhere in any state may have this issue, but not at the university. secondly, it's all what you make of it. whichever college you choose, there will be an opportunity to make that school that you are attending a party school depending on how you handle your college years and the decisions you make. Arkansas definitely has it's parties, but it is also extremely academically driven-- its what you make of your college experience.

No

Its like any other college campus, there are parties, but there is also a very good academic atmosphere. We just know how to have a good time

To an extent. There are guys (and girls) who enjoy the outdoors. And there are some girls who want to get married, but it is not a majority.

no

Abbie

The clothes part is pretty accurate, but the huge party school thing can be deceiving. I think that it is a really fun school that always has a lot going on, but it's not a huge party school and everyone here doesn't get drunk all the time. Most people i know balance parties and school pretty well.

Hunter

See above answer.

kate

i guess some people party hard but i wouldnt say the majority of the school does. and no the kappa poof isnt accurate...some rock it but...most dont have the skill lol

allison

yes

no

no

Nope

mildly

nope!

No, these stereotypes are not accurate. There are those kind of people in every state.

katie

somewhat

Certainly not

sometimes

Yes.

Meagan

Of course we are not stupid and the school is really good. Yeah we might not be ivy league or anything but it is a good school both academicly and socially.

Everyones different, but that goes to account at every school.

Not even close

Not at all! We are very smart and have very cute shoes.

ashley

Some are, some aren't. I think sorority girl stereotypes are unfair, especially to those who are in sororities and are far from being an alcoholic whore. Greeks do so much on campus and are so involved with philanthropy. We attend pep-rallies, games, and are involved with the rest of the greek community on campus. The sorority stereotype really upsets me because I feel that people only look for the bad instead of trying to recognize the good. If non-greeks could see how much we really DO care about each other and how much we DO care about our campus and philanthropies, maybe they wouldn't be so judgmental. If they took the time to get to know greeks, they may be surprised at the kindness they would receive.

Shawn

Yes. Definately. We walk around w/ no shoes, and don't have teeth. I mean, I walk around outside barefoot all the time. No, those things aren't true!

Some what but I think you are able to find a little bit of both everywhere. Maybe just a little more here.