University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

1. My proffessors don't know my name- all my classes are auditorium sized, 200 or more people 2. my favorite class is biology 3. Least favorite class is biology lab, it is very unorganized 4. Not in the big classes 5. yes 6. yes, not as much as at some schools, but all my firends have excellent grades 7. anthropolgy 8. nursing, i will apply to nursing school after my sophemore year, it is VERY competitive to get into 9. no 10. they are okay 11. definatly towards a job, we are a major bussiness school

Being a Theater major I have very small classes and a lot of one on one with the teachers and I love it. I really feel like the professors are there whenever you need them and always ready to help out. Even in my gen ed classes I feel like they are pretty interesting and you can always email your professors about problems. Of course most of them don't know your name but if you make an effort they will. And I have no doubt that I won't have a problem getting a decent job after graduation.

Some professors know my name. usually the ones from smaller classes do. My favorite teacher is Larry Aslin. he is with the UofA Speech Hearing Clinic. He is an awesome teacher! he makes class fun because he is so animated. It's definitely easy to go to his class when it's at 9:30. I try to participate in class because I know I am more likely to get bumped up a grade if I am borderline if the teacher recognizes that I attend class and participate.

Academics at Arkansas i think are a little harder than everyone thinks. I am a very intelligent student, but even I dont make all A's. My opinion on the professors are split because I have had some really great one's who will work with you and help you succeed and I have had some really bad one's who I feel think its necessary for some to fail. I dont think the education is geared toward getting a job here, I feel its only to learn the subjects.

Some of my professors know my name, but this semester, they should definitely be doing a better job considering the classes are much smaller since I am a senior and I have been around 4 years now. My least favorite class is Sports Information. Sounds like it should be interesting but it is not at all. I have a terrible teacher who has never taught before and he just stands in front of the class and rants about what he does in his job.

My professors know my face and my name. The classes are small enough for everyone to get to know the professors personally, and the professors always make themselves available to meet with us. I'm a student in the Sam M. Walton College of Business. The classes are challenging and taught by some of the best professors in the nation.

yeah professor will know your name. Professor are available during their office hours, you can ask about something or just to have a conversation with your professor outside the class Most students study at the library. You can find some competition in some courses, but you may not feel any competition in others.

you always hear go introduce yourself to the professor. you can, and if you do- they will know your name. be careful when choosing classes that you didn't do well in when you took them in high school--physics, for instance, is much harder and you do have to study and seek out help if you need it.

The academics at Arkansas are very challenging, but will ultimately teach you everything you need to know. With a wide range of class sizes the experience in every class will be different. Professors truely care about your education and love meeting and getting to know their students.

Going to the University of Arkansas has allowed me to really get to know my professors through various opportunitites. The University is also very generous when it come to scholarships and also had 3 students who were Truman Scholar finalists. One student won the Truman scholarship.