University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

Delta Delta Delta is the most popular greek organization on campus, duh! :) kidding, sort of. I think that greeks are well-known on campus though. They are so involved that it's kind of hard not to recognize the letters when you see them. I don't like the expression "People in fraternities join to buy their friends." I think people join greek organizations to be a part of something, to challenge themselves to get to know strangers, to give something back through philanthropy, and to be involved. Greeks are way more involved than any other organization on campus. They definitely have the best turn-out by far at the pep-rallies!! ...Which are a blast :). I met my closest friends through living in Reid, the all-girl dorm, and by living in my sorority house. Living with so many girls gives me so many opportunities to take the time to get to know my sisters. I value the time I have here because I feel lucky to have found such a great group of genuine people. I have also met male friends at the fraternity houses. Fraternity houses are fun. Period. Yes, boys will be boys, but it's also nice to have guy friends. Boys make life interesting and frustrating at the same time. I've learned a lot from my guy friends I met at the U of A. We have guest speakers once a month at our chapter meetings. This past month we had some cops come by to talk to us about being safe--they were very helpful and interesting! If it's 2 am on a Tuesday, I'm probably on my way out the door on Dickson :). Or at a frat house. I usually don't stay up that late unless I'm drinking (which sounds so alcoholic, but it's not I promise). Sometimes my friends and I will stay up watching movies, but we're usually so tired from school that we tend to go to bed fairly early, around midnight or 1 am. Traditions: FUNCTIONS!!! I love interacting with other greek houses and dressing up to go to a themed function. I think functions make college so fun! On a Saturday night, sometimes my friends and I will just watch movies. We don't have our own place yet, so we can't really have boys over to hang out. However, I never have a problem with not drinking on a Saturday night. Being 21 can be costly!! It's a hell of a time, but it's not cheap! Also, I go to church some Sundays so sometimes I go to bed early for that.

Of course you can't go to the U of A without going to the football games!! The Hogs are a HUGE deal around here and everyone is a sports fan! Since I have been here we have had John Mayer, The Foo Fighters, The Roots, and a bunch of other bands!! I love John Mayer so that was a really big deal for me! We have also had Anderson Cooper (who I love) and other really cool speakers! I am a theatre major so of course I see plays all the time and we normally have a good turn out. And of course I have to say that they are all wonderful!! The weekends are pretty crazy! There is always a party to go to or something to do. They have Friday Night Live for students I have never been but some people like it. Oh and I can't forget Row Week!! Only the BIGGEST party of the year!

There over 15 registered student organizations (RSO's). I am mostly familiar with the international ones such as International Student Organization, African Student Organization, Caribbean Student Organization. Associate Student Government is the most representative body of students. All students can run for positions such as presidents, senators, ambassadors, etc. Greek life is a big thing for many students who are involved with sorties and fraternities. I am not a party person, but there's Dickson Street right on the border on campus where there are many restaurants, bars, Walton Theater, dancing clubs, ect

1. football team, greek life (sororities and frats), Associated Student Government 2. My sorority, Delta Delta Delta 3. Yes, i live in an all girls dorm and we all leave our doors open during the day 4. Athletic events are very popular, Guest speakers- it depends on who it is but they are semi-popular, theatre is not very popular 5. good dating- alot of variety 6. in my dorm 7. out partying ot studying 8. homecoming and row week 9. very very often 10. very important 11. went out with my friends 12. study? 13. shop

Sororities and fraternities are popular among students here. I am a Tridelta and we have a house here on campus. We have about 300 active members currently. Athletic events are very popular. The most popular is football followed by basketball and baseball. People party here pretty often if that is what you are into. There are those that party and then there are those that don't. If you are young, you party at a fraternity house. If you are older, you go to one of the many bars on Dickson Street.

I am part of a sorority and I love the social life and all the activities I do through my sorority. It gives me a chance to meet people who are older, younger, from in town, from out of town, just all sorts of people. I love participating in the greek systems events. And as an added bonus, I got tons and tons of opportunities to volunteer for philanthropic causes.

I think the football games are the most popular, then basketball, then maybe baseball. I have met my closest friends through my sorority and then just by going out together to eat dinner and to the fraternity houses. I think the social scene here is pretty fun, and i think there is always something fun to do if you are up for it!

I think fraternitits and sororites are important, you can meet some of your closest friends that way and its a good way to all get together and help your community as a group. People party alot here, there is functions all the time or people can hang out at the fraternity housees or go to Dickson St. to the bars.

Most likely, if I am awake at 2am on a Tuesday I am trying to frantically stay up all night a finish a paper! If that is not the case, then I am most likely awake because I stayed up late throughout the entire weekend and have not gotten my sleep schedual back to normal, so I can't sleep.

Kappa Kappa Gamma of course! yes student in dorms leave their doors open, when they are there. Athletic events are amazing here at Arkansas. The school spirit is outrageous. Football is everything here. Everyone loves it and we all love to tailgate before the games for 4 hours.