University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The fans are AMAZING--Arkansas has the most loyal fans. Supposedly the UofA is somewhat of a party school, but I think it's within reason without being alcoholish. I'm a sorority girl, but I know stereotypes for sorority girls aren't too good. However, I DO know that those stereotypes are inaccurate. Each house has girls of all different personalities. UA has a good rep for being a beautiful campus--which of course it is :).

I don't really know of any stereotypes that we have. We probably do about our drinking or parties. And since it is Arkansas and people think that all Arkansas is is a bunch of redneck hicks than probably that we are stupid and that the school sucks. But I don't know.

That students at the University of Arkansas are snooty, Southern elitists. Some people consider the residents of the state of Arkansas as uneducated, illiterate and backwards in thinking about social issues.

The most common stereotype I heard before coming to Arkansas was that all girls dress up for class and wear heels every day.

that they are all redneck hill billies who marry their cousins or into their families. arkansas is a party school.

That we are all very country and there is even one that people in Arkansas date there cousins.

-Southern Belles -Thick accents -Hillbilly -Not as good as school as other universities

People not from AR think we don't wear our shoes and we marry our cousins!

We are excellent students. We are all about our grades!!!!

That the people from here are ignorant and stupid