University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

I love Arkansas's spirit. The whole atmosphere of being a Razorback is exciting! I would change parking--we DEFINITELY need more parking and obviously bigger dorms. I think we should expand our campus! I think my school is just right. I could deal with a bigger school, but definitely not a smaller one. I like to be around a lot of people--there's always a possibility of meeting someone new :). People don't really react a certain way when I tell them i attend the U of A. I spend most of my time at my sorority house or at the Grad Ed building.. now that I'm getting into my major classes. I don't go to the library much to study because I think it's TOO quiet. Definitely a college town + more. There are plenty of activities that college students love, and there are also thousands of family homes. The biggest recent controversy that I know of is the recycling rule thing. I don't know much about it. I think Arkansas pride is tip top. I absolutely love going to football games and being decked out in red! Hog fans are the best fans. I will always always remember my experience at the U of A. I will always remember the gorgeous campus, the awesome football stadium, going to baseball games, living in Reid (all-girl dorm), the awful weather change... etc. I think what I will always cherish is my time in Delta Delta Delta. Being in a sorority has helped me realize how lucky I am to have a stable, loving, Christian family. I have become more open-minded to others, and I have also become more confident in myself and standing up to others for what I believe in.

arkansas is great. end of story. being from texas, i was a little nervous coming to an out of state school where you can't just drive home in an hour or so if you miss homecooking or just want to sleep in your own bed, maybe do a little shopping. i couldn't be happier that i chose the u of a. everyone is so real here. coming from dallas, where southern methodist university is basically my next door neighbor and having run into a few college students from there, arkansas is extremely different. there is something for everyone here. people say when you go to big state schools you may want to consider that there are thousands of people on campus and you may never see anyone in any given day-- i generally see at least three people that i know each day going through my daily activities whether it be going to class, studying in the library, or grabbing some food for dinner. Fayetteville is a great town too, no there is not as many food choices in dallas-- but then agian dallas is HUGE-- fayetteville is the perfect size for a college town, still stuff to do, but not overwhelmingly big ,and everyone comes together for those good 'ole razorback games! woo pig!

the best thing about U of A is the availability of student resources such as tutoring, counseling, the library, International student and Scholars office, Center for multicultural and diversity eduction. U of A total student population is 25 thousand. They do have good ranked programs such as business, engineering, agriculture, poultry science. Fulbright College of arts of sciences has also some good programs. I spend most of my time in the Student Union. School's administration is generally good. There's for sure school pride in the Razorbaks!! Woooo Pig Sooie! The football team did really well this season. It got ranked # 3 after LSU and Alabama. I really like the city, Fayetteville, because it's not too big so there was no distractions that mostly encountered in big cities. The tuition is reasonable so there are a lot of students from Texas who come to U of A because of cheaper tuition. Most students complaints is related to Housing because the number of students increases each year without increasing the capacity of dorms.

The best thing about the University of Arkansas is the rich tradition that is associate with the University. We have so many traditions and rituals that the U of A is known for, such as the calling of the Hogs, Pep Rallies, our Fight Song, and the bond between Alumni and current students. We also have around 17,000 students, so it's small enough to constantly run into friends, but large enough to feel like you see new people everyday. The reason I choose the University of Arkansas - Fayetteville is that the town feedsinto 3 other large surbuban areas, which include major corporations like Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, and Proctor & Gamble, to name a few. So, this "college town" doesn't feel like one at all. There is so much more to it.

I love the University of Arkansas and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Fayetteville is a great college town and the area is beautiful. There is a lot of construction right now which is frustrating at times but it also means that the school is growing which is healthy. There is a huge variety of majors and a wonderful faculty. No matter what your passion is you can find a club or group with the same interest. There are all kinds of churches and ministries. The U of A really is a great place to go to school. If I were a senior in high school again knowing everything that I do I would choose Arkansas again in a heart beat.

I love our school. It's so awesome how we can have a smaller university that is much more tight knit than other schools, but we still have awesome sports teams and fans! The learning enviornment is much more personal because the classrooms are smaller. The only bad part about going to school here is when I tell people I go to school here. Most people have the "hillbilly" image of Arkansas in their minds and you can't convince them otherwise! It gets frustrating and the hog/pig jokes are getting old. I would say Fayetteville is mostly a college town. It's nice, but I wish there was a little bit more in the town.

The best thing about Arkansas is all the nice people. I wouldn't change a thing. My school is just right. When I tell people I go to Arkansas they react like its way in the South, when really, its only three and half hours south. I spend most of my time on campus in the library (yay Mullins!!) Fayetteville is definitely a college town! I don't have much of an opinion about Arkansas' administration because I dont have a lot of involvement with them. We are Hog Wild here!!! One experience I will always remember will be living in the dorms freshman year.

Arkansas is the perfect size. I have a lot of friends here from home but I have also been able to meet so many new people. Fayetteville is a great town, but I wouldn't call it a college town. It is just the right size for the school though, with a lot of great restaurants and fun night life. I think AR is a great school and holds high academic standards. I spend most of my time in class, at the greek frat and sorority houses, and in my apartment. I love everything about AR and wouldn't want to go anywhere else!

Arkans is the perfect size. It's large enough that you get the "big campus" feel, but small enough so that you feel that you can make a difference there. The University of Arkansas is ranked as one of the top universities in the nation, but many people don't realize that. I spend most of my time in the David W. Mullins Library on campus. It's a great place to study, do research, surf the internet, and even take a small nap.

1. The great campus and greek life 2. How far it is from my hometown 3. Just right 4. No particular reaction, its normal to go here from where I'm from 5> I spend most of my time in my dorm, the library, and my sorority house 6. College town 7. good staff 8. I'm not sure 9. Yes, everyone is very spirited 10. Nothing to unusual 11. My initiation into my sorority and the day I moved in 12. School is very tough on alcohol policy