University of Arkansas

« See more reviews of University of Arkansas

The University of Arkansas and the city of Fayetteville offer so many opportunities for students. These opportunities and events range from volunteer jobs, internships, cultural programs, job opportunities, connections to jobs during and after college, theatre and drama productions and shows, art galleries, LBGT awareness, sustainability, encouragement to educate yourself and vote in elections, affordable housing and living expenses such as gas and grocercies and much, much more. I consider myself extremely lucky to be surrounded by all the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas has to offer.

I love the atmosphere. Its up in the mountains yet beside a thriving urban city. It has everything. Fayetteville is still really small and quaint and has definite personality from "the olden days" while Springdale is a growing modern city that has infiltrated and merged with Fayetteville and created a great city with definite character. And then the mountains and trails and views are spectacular. Many take your breath away, watching them change in the fall and spring is amazing. Its so perfect for studying, hanging out, and/or venturing around whether in town or in the wilderness.

The University of Arkansas is the home of Southern Hospitality. As an out of state student, hours away from home, I cannot believe how welcome I feel at the U of A. The sense of unity among the students is unmatched. Razorback pride is everywhere, including off-campus establishments. I have never seen so many mascot-related mom and pop shops and restaurants. The town people of Fayetteville and the student body alike support anything Arkansas related. I am part of a D1 school that feels like a family. Take one step on campus and you will feel the love.

A walk through an arboretum, the first contact one makes with the University of Arkansas, is a compelling and elegant gateway for students pursuing their academic queries. The varying minds on this campus, paired with the varying seasons-the falling of leaves, the efflorescent colors, the burgeoning of life and ideas-are dramatic and correlated. This aspect of the University of Arkansas spawns original and natural thought, allowing concepts from the classrooms to forster ones imagination and education to grow beyond the limits of its brick and mortar buildings.

I believe the best aspect of my school is the faculty, especially the advising department. The adjustment from a small community college to a large university was difficult but I had countless people from Student Development Specialists to Learning Coaches guiding and assisting me thorough this trying time. They helped maintain my focus and set my eyes on the finish line. It is apparent that the staff at the University of Arkansas has my success as their number one priority, not only in the classroom, but also in the work field and beyond.

The best thing about my school is the campus life. With a total student body of 25,000, there are tons of people that you can be. Being a D1 athletic campus also has some advantages! The fan base here is very loyal, and there are always sporting events to attend with some friends. With such a large student body, you are bound to find people who share the same interests as you. There are many Clubs and Organizations ran by fellow students that cover a vast area of topics and personal interests! So get out there and join today!

There are a lot of "best things" about the U of A - I can't really narrow it down to one. The environment is great. Trees on the campus, the historical buildings, the mountains... it's wonderful. Small town America is right in your backyard, but so is the "big city" feel: Bentonville, the home of Wal-Mart, is just a short drive away, and it has plenty of big city amenities (dining, shopping, etc.). Also, the U of A has some great professors that really know what they are talking about. But, there are also some bad ones.

I think that there are great oppurtunities to explore a variety of ideas and cultural mindsets at our school. A variety of honors courses and other classes centered around philosophy and thought allow students to explore ideas that they may not have been exposed to before college. The inclusion of a Buddhist monk as a professor is one excellent example of how the College of Arts and Sciences brings in a variety of instructors. Students can take classes that interest them and allow them to broaden their horizons.

The best aspects of the UofA would be the Razorback sports programs and the people. I am a member of the Razorback marching band and it has been an amazing experience for me. As a band member in college, we are not looked down on like in high school. We feel like we are a part of the football or basketball program. The students are avid fans of the Hogs. There is a wide assortment of activities so you can find your niche if you look. We also have a wide variety of students from other states and countries.

The best thing about the University of Arkansas is the professors. Every professor I have encountered is truly committed to giving the students the best possible education they can. The professors make themselves available to students 24/7 via offices hours, e-mail, and some even give their personal phone number. I absolutely love the dedication of my professors and couldn't think of a better place to receive my high education.