University of Arkansas Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Arkansas

Eleanor

The University if Arkansas thrives to try and make each students experience what the student wants instead of what professors or parents want. It is a great environment for students to work towards their degrees and are less likely to fall short of their goals.

Logan

Although I have no attended the University yet, I plan to in the fall. My sister also attends so I have visited several times. The campus is great and the dorms aren’t bad. I am extremely excited to attend this school in this fall. Overall I love this school and campus life.

Kayce

I grew up with a love for the Razorbacks, and to this day I enjoy nearly every moment of college. I have been super lucky to have amazing professors who will really go that extra mile for their students. I have access to so many amazing opportunities through not only my college, but all of the great academic events on campus. I think the best part is the people, everyone feels like one big family, and I have been able to connect with many different people from across the country and globe!

Dominique

There are a variety of opportunities to be a part of the campus community and the general community and surrounding nearby towns. It is important to be social and connect on this campus to gain more career and academic opportunities from different facility members.

maxwell

I really like this school. The town is a small town and there is a lot to do in the area. The people support local and it feels like a community. The campus itself has some great facilities. I work as a graduate student and I get the see the labs firsthand. They have a lot of funding and there are ample opportunities to get involved and learn.

Shelby

I would give the U of A at Fayetteville 4 out of 5 stars. The food is ok but could have more of a variety. I do feel very safe. There are many clubs and activities to participate in, and you can always create your own. Off campus housing is more expensive than what you pay for at times, but it is nice to be close to campus. There are many scholarships but it is hard to qualify for some.

Grantel

A very good institution

Abby

The University of Arkansas is a very unique school to attend. It has high points and low points, but most places do. Research is a big thing which makes the professors really know what they are talking about. They have a passion for what they teach, which overflows during lectures. Majority of them will help any time they can. The social life of the U of A is also very great. I am not apart of Greek life, but I know many people that are and they love it. There are also many things to do in Northwest Arkansas. Overall the U of A is a very great place to attend.

Jenny

It is a great university to be at, and a great location to be at. There's so many ways to get involved on campus, and you can even start organizations. The education is really good, especially the engineering program. The freshman engineering program makes me feel more prepared for college and for the future.

Victoria

I like living at the University of Arkansas. The food on campus is pretty good overall; there are some places that do not taste that good, but you do not have to go there if you do not want to. I love going to the Arkansas Union after 4 pm because it has a meal trade for foods like Papa John's, Chick fil-a, and other places. My favorite part of the University so far is the campus; its so beautiful at anytime of the year. I love it.

Jamerria

It is somewhat a joyful ride. Everything else is great like the academics and the housing. The professors actually care about your education and don't want you to fail at all. They want to see you succeed in life and that's the best part of being there. Knowing someone other than yourself who believes in you is a special treat

Zachary

I love this school! Growing up in Texas I had no idea I would end up here. After two years of living here I wouldnt want it any other way!

Christopher

It is a fantastic place in a large and vibrant town. While sports and Greek Life cultures are very dominant on the campus there is no shortage of artistic, musical, political, and social experiences. Time and time again the U of A has pushed itself to provide its students with the best opportunities and resources it could. The U of A is also known to listen and respond the constructive criticisms of its students; it truly cares about what its students' opinions. Overall the University of Arkansas is a culturally complex and diverse campus that caters to people of all natures. It prioritizes student success while continuing to allow personal growth both inside and outside the classroom. For students looking to become part of something larger than themselves, a family, the U of A is the college to choose.

Cheyenne

In the beginning, I wasn't actually planning on coming to the U of A. But when I got rejected by my dream college, the U of A was my fall back. Now that I look back at it, getting rejected by my first choice was the best thing that has happened to me. I've met my best friend here, I've broken out of my shell, and I am experiencing all that I can. The design program I am in is the best I've been in. We get so many travel opportunities. We have the chance to study in Rome for a semester, which is something I have always wanted to do. I couldn't think of a better school to go to.

Shania

I find it to be moving in a great direction and am very excited to see how it goes in the coming years. Since I am in the fine arts program that is where most of my interest lies and since they just got a huge donation from the Waltons I think many more students will find this school to be one to look out for.

Anthony

I really love the University of Arkansas. This place has become my second home, and the people here are truly extraordinary people. They're always so nice and so endearing to one another, it feels like you're loved. Granted, no college is perfect, I think this one is on it's way there.

Abigail

The University of Arkansas offers a unique college experience. Here you will gain the amazing team spirit on Football game days by cheering on the Hogs from the student section, or the quaint town square during the spring months at the Farmer's Market. While Greek life is a huge part of the culture here, if it isn't your speed there is always something else you can join more to your liking. There really is something for everyone here in Fayetteville, from the beautiful scenery to the mania of game days!

Mariah

The atmosphere is great and I love the many activities that go on throughout campus.

Jade

word.

Ali

The University of Arkansas is one of those schools that have an old time vibe with a modern touch. We are located in Northwest Arkansas surrounded by other somewhat populous cities. Academically we are a great school provided with wonderful professors. We have a work hard, play harder motto that majority of the students follow. There is always generally something to do EVERY weekend. The city of Fayetteville is very adventurous, so you'll find yourself doing new and exciting things often. The atmosphere is amazing here!

Carah

At the U of A there is nothing you can't accomplish. With a variety of programs, including an accredited honors college that recently received 300 million dollars from the Walton family (yes, the creators of "Walmart"!), there is certainly no lack of resources here. I have loved attending this University, and I can truly state that each professor I have had has shown a great desire for their students to not just pass, but to learn.

Abbey

I love this school. I grew up in Fayetteville so it's home to me. This school is so unique because it has every type of person and there are so many different opportunities offered here and everyone has a place where they fit. The campus is beautiful and the academics are superb.

Deneyea

University of Arkansas is the best college I have visited. I looked at a few others before making my final decision, and UA definitely caught my eye immediately. The level of dedication the students and staff put into academics is astonishing. All of the students are active in at least one extracurricular or Greek program. Everyone gets excited and pumped for any sport. The teams and the band, my personal favorite, is well known by people all over the country and well supported. UA is one of the best colleges, in my opinion.

Alex

The University of Arkansas is full of culture and experience. The professors or always available, and want to see there students succeed. I always have friends available who are willing to go to the library and study.

tyra

The University of Arkansas is a pot of diversity, education, love, care, and good ole fashion tradition. As freshmen on campus, I’ve been exposed to the heart felt warmth that’s shared. I remember on my 1st day, I was lost getting to class. Of course I was embarrassed to ask for help, but there were people that were more than happy to give me directions. The school offers so many different organizations for everyone to join and emphasize that if you can’t find one that you want to join, you can just create one. With there being more than 380 organizations to join plus fraternities and sororities and student government, it’ll be impossible to not be involved with something. These organizations range from culture, sports and hobbies, educational topic, religious, and Greek based. The number one reason why I chose the University of Arkansas is because it’s almost like my home away from home. With there being more diversity than what I’m used to but also people who are generous and kind to any and every one, I feel that it’s the perfect place for me to leave home and spread my wings.

Alexandra

The campus and student population is huge, which is both a good and a bad thing. There's always some kind of event going on, put on by one of the many clubs and organizations on campus. It does take a while to get too classes and most of the hills are pretty killer to walk up. Their counseling and health services are pretty great. Tutoring and administration services are hard to get a hold of though. With so many students, there's only so many tutors available and you can't set up consistent meeting times with any one tutor. The financial aid department is almost no help during the summer; you're pretty much on your own when it comes to summer tuition so be careful. The school also charges a lot when it comes to parking infractions and there's no shortage of reasons for them to ticket you or even tow your car (especially during game nights so stay on top of announcements). I once got a warning citation for parking while facing the wrong direction in an empty lot. Plus, even getting the right to park on campus can cost a lot so you'll have to be financially prepared when it comes to that kind of stuff. It's a good school; overall very overwhelming though and pretty much filled with ways to lose money.

Maria

I love the University of Arkansas. There is so much to do, especially if you are an outdoors kinda person. The faculty is really nice, and is always willing to help out most of their students. The campus is beautiful, especially if you love to walk. It has great programs for your major, depending on what it is.

Clara

I'm proud to be here. The campus is beautiful, and the teachers are unforgettable. Plenty of new people and opportunities for everyone. Fayetteville is one of the top places in the United States to live. I really couldn't ask for better if I tried - again, I am absolutely lucky to be here and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Courtney

I love our small town and it's super close to Kansas City, Little Rock and Tulsa and with Walmart and Tyson HQ there is a lot of opportunities for internships and guest speakers. Perfect college town.

Maeve

I love the University of Arkansas! The campus is beautiful and the people are gracious. I am a quieter person and I have never felt lost on this campus. Academics are challenging, but not impossible. There is a place for everyone and people are open and accepting! So glad I am here.

Mary Claire

I grew up about 40 miles from the University of Arkansas, and I did not expect anything very exciting from the campus, since it was so close to home. However, my freshman year was the complete opposite. I joined Greek life, and it has brought me so many new friends from all over the south and has given me so many volunteer opportunities. The Walton Honors college has the best academics on campus and I am very thankful to be a part of it.

Jeremy

The University of Arkansas has provided me with a comfortable home away from home. Going to college out of state has been an excellent decision considering the opportunities available through the engineering college as well as other campus programs. The University of Arkansas does an excellent job of providing help to students who need it through a free tutoring service as well as the professors always being available through office hours and appointments.

Remington

I greatly appreciated my time at the University of Arkansas. There is a niche for anyone and everyone here. Surrounded by beautiful nature, students enjoy the outdoors both on and off campus. The farther you get in your academic career the better you get to know your professors. They are more than willing to help their students, which goes a long way after graduation.

Brittney

I'll be starting the fall of2018 and on I visit to the University I fell in love with not only the school but the town. I loved and can't wait to start my college education there. They are really into the Greek life and that is something I'm very interested in as well as all the shorts and the way the state supports the Razorbacks.

Kathrn

I'm a current freshmen at the University of Arkansas and am looking at transferring. There lots of people here and it's pretty big on Greek life. I'm not much of a Greek life kind of person so it's kinda hard for me. Also I didn't bring my car and that's pretty much a huge must for a good campus life.

Sara

It's a great school! The business program is incredible. All of the teachers are very helpful and are readily available. I have learned so much already and I feel prepped for the real world. It's a great place to get a degree from! Fayetteville is a very cute town with lots of activities to do.

Kianna

I think it's an amazing school but it also has its flaws just like any other. I love the campus, the students, the diversity, and the love everyone has for this school. Some things that can be improved are definitely the building as far as needing updating on the inside and the campus food is pretty bad compared to what I pay for my meal plan.

Mya

My overall opinion about the University of Arkansas is that there is a lot of things to do on campus if you truly look for it, it can be hard to see at first but once you have become active it is not hard to stay active on campus. I love my university.

I actually transferred here as a Junior without even touring the campus. I had only seen pictures. I decided to come here based off of the town and also what my friends, who attended the university, had to say about it. Not only is this a beautiful campus but the people here not only at the school, but also in the town are so welcoming and friendly. The football team is a big deal hear since it's the only team Arkansas has to root for professionally. It's a big school but you would be surprised how often you see people you know walking around.

Dalton

I love this school. My parents and other family are alumni of this school. I never considered any other school. I love the environment, the professors, the campus, and the surrounding town. The University and the town itself have received high ranking on the national level and is a great place to live and go to school.

Shoaf

The University of Arkansas is a great university that is relatively cheap compared to other universities in the SEC. The campus is very pretty, offering students a view of the Ozarks whenever they are outside. The academic scene at the University of Arkansas is also great, especially if students wish to earn a degree in business or engineering. The biggest issue I have with the school is the parking. Students must move their car to a location much farther than they already have to park for every home football game. A pass that offers you a relatively close spot is already about one hundred dollars, so this is extremely annoying.

Joel

One of the best college campuses and an excellent value for the price.

Hanna

The University of Arkansas is unlike any other school, especially the other SEC schools. From the tight-knit campus to the deep-running traditions, the feeling you get from being on campus can not be compared. Every aspect of the school--friendships, academics, and athletics--is top notch.

Joshan

I think the University of Arkansas is one of the most underrated schools out there. We are located at one of the top places/cities to live in the country (Fayetteville, AR 727203). Good amount of diversity on campus and on the city. There's always something to do. Campus police and other in-campus resource staff are really out there to help. They want to make sure you're well-aware of everything that is being offered in campus. Need a ride? There's a bus transit that goes through almost every part of Fayetteville. Got a little bit too much to drink? Not a problem! We also have a SAFE ride transit that provides a safe means of transportation for our students who got a little bit too much to drink, stayed a little late studying on campus and want a safer option to get to their car/house. We also have sports tracks, basketball courts, football stadium, 2 gyms on campus, and they are all free for students. We also have an excellent Student Technology Support center that not only offers software support, but also allows students to check out different electronic devices like tablets, Macbooks, Laptops, Cameras, GoPros, gaming accessories, xbox and ps games, and many more. Campus academic coaching, tutoring centers, writing centers, and career centers are also available for students. Oh, did I mention that all of these services are free? Overall, the University of Arkansas is a great campus to start your journey to higher education.

Jessie

I really love the University of Arkansas. It is absolutely beautiful, the people are nice, and the background of some of our teachers is outstanding. I know in the music department, one of our directors went to high school with Pink, he is a finalist for some conducting convention that will be traveling to Africa this summer, and he has so much knowledge about everything in life it is unbelievable. Another one of our professors has played guitar all around New York, he's played on Good Morning America and the Today show. The overflowing talent of every single one of our professors is insane. I honestly couldn't be happier or more educated anywhere else.

payton

Love the campus in the hills of the Ozarks with plenty of trees and nature around. Such a cool tradition with how they write everyone who has graduated from the University of Arkansas on the sidewalks, what a way to honor the people who have got there. Plus, there is a Pei Wei restaurant at the student union one of my favorite eating place. Walking through the campus on my visitor tour I could see myself going to school there. Hands down I loved the school, the only thing stopping me is the tuition. If I can get help with getting the cost of the tuition down with scholarships, grants, and maybe in-state because of living in a state next to Arkansas these things may help me accomplish​ my goal of going to my right fit school which I believe is Univerisity of Arkansas.

Shelby

The University of Arkansas is a great campus and I am very lucky and grateful to attend. The academics are challenging and insightful, and the professors are accessible, helpful, and eager to help students succeed. I love all the opportunities that the campus offers to their students - there is plenty to do on and off campus!

It’s a good school. I just went for the class not really much school events.

Hallie

If you have the motivation, you'll do well in Arkansas. Their resources are almost always available (the main library stays open until two in the morning). The faculty and employees are both courteous and understanding. The campus is calming and gorgeous. Anything that I find difficult while attending school there is not at the fault of the university itself, such as some of my peers and their actions.

Tylarr

University of Arkansas is full of adventures, life, and success. Our students strive to do their best while having fun. We have the control to deny peer pressure and procrastination when we need to study for an exam. Although the campus is full of hard work and dedication, Arkansas students and staff know how to live a happy life full of love and kindness. U of A sits on a beautiful landscape looking out to tall hills and mountains. Regardless of the location on campus, you can look out and experience Fayetteville from afar. University of Arkansas is one of the best universities to attend, by far.