University of Arkansas Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Arkansas

Leigh

I had always assumed college was a stern place where students complete mountains of paperwork, and there is no time for fun and games. That is until I spent my first week as a University of Arkansas Razorback. The University of Arkansas is the quintessential model of an outgoing, community oriented college. The importance of academia is a vital part of the school. I have found that the instructors and staff are beyond happy to help any student at any time. While academia is of most importance to the college, I think that they value other aspects of the "college life" as well. The University of Arkansas has a wonderful "home away from home" atmosphere. I enjoy being able to connect to the campus on an intimate level, especially considering the volume of students who attend there. It seems as though there is a club or organization for everything under the sun. I find it quite enjoyable to see people juggling fruit or playing hopscotch outside of the Student Union. The University of Arkansas's overall atmosphere can be hilarious at times! I feel as though I am home with my family. It has been surprisingly easy to make friends and acquaintances. I am also very grateful for how prepared the University is; with the preparedness ranging from safety procedures to having breath mints readily available at all hours of the day. The University of Arkansas is my home, and I feel very safe and welcome on campus. No matter what I do, I can not seem to avoid smiling when there.

Jasmine

Its a huge school with plenty of opportunities to be involved with extra curriculars and Greek life, with a lot of participation form students. The academics are known to be great. There's a large variety of housing options, and I've been told the food is pretty good at the dining halls. There is definitely places to party, but also several places to stuff and get help from tutors or others.

I think the University of Arkansas is a great school! Fayetteville has actually been voted the best college town in the entire SEC, and there is almost too much to do when you're not studying or in class. As I am in the business program, I think that the business college is so helpful to and supportive of each of their students.

kendall

University of Arkansas is a great environment, it is a safe feeling place. There are a lot of greek life opportunities, but if you decide not to be a part of it you feel left out. There are not a lot of ways that the university lets people know of things they can get involved in. The campus is very nice, the classrooms are good. The professors I have had have known their subjects and have done a good job at explaining assignments and curriculum.

Brody

I love the University of Arkansas more than any other school out there. I am from Arkansas so of course I am going to love the home state college. On game day the fans and all the students get rowdy and wild and I love that. The teachers are great and really care for their students success. This college is designed for ones who are looking for great success in their life.

Faith

I love the University of Arkansas—I have since my sophomore year of high school. Now I’m a freshman at U of A and it is the best decision I’ve ever made. Great facilities and services, positive atmosphere, incredible classes and faculty. Couldn’t be better!

Kelly

The University of Arkansas is a great SEC. It's a big school so greek life, game days, and Dixon Street are what we live for. The academics are good if you are more focused on that--I am in the honors college program and I feel challenged but content in my classes. I love Fayetteville because it has a fix of loss of things to do--both inside and outside. From shopping to hiking on Devil's Den, Fayetteville has it all.

Kennedy

The University of campus is absolutely beautiful. Fayetteville is utterly charming, and has something for everyone. With thousands of international students and its central location, the diversity is special and so treasured on this campus. I am never worried about making friends of different backgrounds, or finding my niche with those who share my cultural background because it happens so naturally. There are also plenty of religious groups to get plugged into on and around campus. My only complaint is the parking. Parking has been an issue for years due to overcrowding on central campus. I truly love being a Razorback, and am so grateful to call Northwest Arkansas my home!

Corderro

The University of Arkansas is an excellent school for academics who may or may not be interested in Greek Life. The NCAA Division sports teams are great, and the extracurricular activities are very good. Although the arts culture is a bit of a miss.

Cassidy

Overall, I feel the University of Arkansas is a great school with various academic and social opportunities. Students are constantly being encouraged to get involved in something -- Greek life, church groups, and tailgating are just a few. Instructors and professors seem to readily available 95% of the time and are willing to answer questions via email and tend to work with students' schedule to fit the student into his/her office hours.

Celeste

I absolutely adore my university. I feel comfortable on campus, not only because of the atmosphere of the natural and man made environment, but because of the people as well. The professors, especially the faculty of my specific school are always available to assist their students in whatever way academically they can be of help. They are also help with life advice and social advice pertaining to college life if they are asked to by a student to do so. I cannot be any happier with my university choice.

Sean

Love the campus and love the surrounding area

Caelan

Aweful. Awful. Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.Awful.

Mandi

It's a fun school with a huge greek life and a love for football. Teachers are easy to get ahold of and the cost of tuition is reasonable. Theres always something going on at the frat houses on campus and when you turn 21 Dickson is the place to be.

Christopher

Campus is something out of a magazine it is so freaking beautiful year round. The on campus dorms are okay, somethings are great and then others aren't so good. The on campus dining halls are below average to say the best, Professors couldn't be bothered to go out of their way to do anything for students, and financial aid office drags its feet with everything they do

Haleigh

The University of Arkansas is a great college. It offers plenty of opportunity for a social life while having a serious academic life. Greek life is a big deal and the athletic programs are a large part of every student's weekend. Go Hogs or go home!

Caitlyn

I have loved being a student at the University of Arkansas. I am currently in the Pre-nursing program and the professors and academic advisors have made it easy to understand exactly what I need to get done to do my best in the Nursing program. Other than academics, the UofA is a great college town. There is so much to do around Fayetteville including hiking, camping, neat restaurants and so much more. Football is a big thing at the UofA and everyone gets involved on game day!

Logan

I was born in Fayetteville Arkansas and grew up in this area. I love my school! My school offers everything that I need to get a great education towards the degree that I love. The weather is normally beautiful and I have a lot of friends that also attend.

steven

Love the school campus, the climate is great. Wonderful facilities and very pretty area. Professors are great for the most part with very few that I've been unhappy with. Campus life is pretty active with many organizations so that no matter what hobby you have you will be accounted for. A few gyms on campus to keep up activity.

Ana

The University of Arkansas is a great place to get a degree from. It gives so many opportunities for students to find their career and to get a great degree. This university motivates its students to get an amazing future and to care about their studies. The University of Arkansas is an amazing university and I would recommend it to everyone.

Deborah

I absolutely enjoyed my visit to the University of Arkansas. I was able to see the beautiful campus and the people around it. It had such an amazing atmosphere; which was what solidified my decision to apply. I am proud to say that I have been accepted and can't wait to begin my first class at the university. I can't wait to be immersed into my college life at this university.

The U of A is a campus that makes you feel at home and it's extremely easy to get involved in various clubs and organizations. The U of A provides you with the ultimate college experience. It is a campus that encourages students to express their values and beliefs with others in a respectful manner. The support system here at the U of A is absolutely amazing. I can honestly say there's no other university I'd rather be at.

Christopher

It is an amazing school! There are a lot of options in classes, activities, dorms, sports, food, shopping, and learning experiences to choose from. There is excellent parent, student, and teacher involvement. Everybody will find a group to belong to, if you don’t find one you’re looking for, you can make one up. You never have to leave campus for anything. There is grocery, library, gym, theater, fast food, laundry, game rooms, anything you may need all within walking distance.

Riley

To be honest, when I chose the University of Arkansas I did so because of the reciprocity in cost. Though the price is definitely a plus, I have completely fallen in love with this school for so many other reasons. Joining Uark's greek life brought me so many friends, ways to get involved, and academic help. I enjoyed most of my classes and had great teachers. Though the dining hall food could be a little better, what else do you expect from a dining hall? Overall, I would not want to be at any other college.

Eva

University of Arkansas has a variety of great sources.

Aimee

I love the University of Arkansas. It is such a big school with such amazing people. Not only is the school filled with the sweetest workers and students but I feel so safe and protected on campus. I also heard the education program is outstanding and who wouldn't want to go to the top rated school for their degree? 10/10 recommend this beautiful and outstanding campus ! Future Razorback ! Go hogs !

avery

The University was my first choice and I'm elated to be able to attend. All the activities and sports events are worth the experience at least once if not more. Everyone I run into is friendly and very welcoming. I would recommend anyone to attend here without question.

Vincenza

It’s a wonderful place to meet great people. The professors are very helpful and encouraging. There are plenty of research opportunities and internships available. There are clubs and groups for everything on campus. Even more than simply going Greek if you can think of it, there are others who want to be involved.

My overall opinion of the University of Arkansas would be that this is the best school in the state of Arkansas. All the professors are easy to communicate with and they really seem to care a lot about their students. They strive to help you succeed in not only their classes but other class too. The students are all so friendly! There is always someone around to hang out with! I've made more friends being at the University of Arkansas in the past semester than i ever did in all four years of high school. Overall the University of Arkansas just feels like home no matter where your'e from!

Skyler

A beautiful campus. Lots of unique classes to join and overall a great atmosphere. The sports are all relatively great (besides the football team). There is a great appreciation for the arts and you can definitely tell by walking around campus. A very enjoyable place.

Sadie

The campus is beautiful and has a comfortable, welcoming environment. As far as academics, the instructors are very knowledgeable and passionate about teaching. The school is filled with spirit and creates an atmosphere that makes it extremely easy to be involved.

I think the overall campus is beautiful and has many things to offer anybody on campus. There are plenty of sporting events outside of football for any sports fan. For art fans there are on-campus activities you can participate, and Crystal Bridges is a free art gallery not far outside of Fayetteville. Arkansas also has a good Greek life that does not take over the school. The school has many opportunities to meet new people if you are a transfer or just do not know anyone on campus.

The Maple Hill South Housing department is the worst i have ever seen. They have treated me so unfairly and I have asked for help on several occasions only to be shut down. If i could go back I would have never chosen to live here and I think that several people should be out of a job. I have no place to stay this weekend because they are closing the dorms and I have asked to extend my stay in my dorm for one night, and I was told nothing more than ,”you’ll have to figure it out I guess.. I don’t know what to tell you other than if you gotta go and sleep in your car then you’ve gotta sleep in your car”. I don’t recommend this place more than i could recommend getting a foot amputated for fun.

Maxfield

Wonderful, can't wait to be there next year. i cannot believe how accepting everyone was when i visited in early august. the students, faculty, and alumni were one of a kind. i love the univserity of arkansas and all that it has to offer my young generation.

Sidney

The University of Arkansas is a pretty amazing university. The campus itself is very beautiful. The hills and trees give the campus a very fresh look. The professors are great and accessible. Whether it is office hours or over email, the professors are easy to contact and get help from. There are plenty of organizations and extracurriculars to get involved in. The sports teams on campus create a community vibe on our campus and our city.

Edonis

University of Arkansas is a beautiful campus with much greater opportunity.

Madison

While it was definitely not my first choice, I am satisfied attending the University of Arkansas. It has everything you could need, but it is sometimes difficult to get involved. Overall, the academics are great for the cost of attendance, although the cost for living on campus is extreme.

Tanvir

The college is great! If you are a white male. I, however, am not. I'm associated with a major that is generally white-dominant. I'm also in the honors program within the College of Business. However, in the freshman class, I'm one of maybe four Asians in the entire freshman honors class. I am the only Indian in the class. The difference I feel from that is great and noticeable. The university isn't particularly at fault however they should advertise their great business program so that people of minorities come and join. The facilities itself are amazing, I had trouble walking a while ago and they are very disability accessible. The people are kind and willing to help in many situations. The food is much better than anything I was expecting. Overall the campus is something that is changing my life. Slowly, but surely I am becoming different due to the many different kinds of people I have met here.

Jacqueline

It is a decent college. Very big class sizes which can be good or bad. Lots of people to meet and collaborate with, but hard to have one on one time with professors. Lots of things to do around campus. Good facilities to use on campus, but not the best academics.

Brynn

I think the University of Arkansas is a great place to receive an education. The location is beautiful and has many things to do around campus. The professors are some of the best and are great at teaching their passions. And the facilities and equipment on campus are in great condition an accessibility. I love it here.

Tamara

I loved the professors who are really passionate about their classes and make sure to mix in "modern" language of teens so they we can understand it out way instead of just reading off a powerpoint and saying see you next time. I have never felt unsafe and there has never been a single rude person I have run into the entire 3 years I have been here. I don't regret coming to this college.

Harrison

Overall, the University of Arkansas is a wonderful place to attend college. Not only is the campus beautiful, but academics are fantastic and sporting events are not something you want to miss out on! If you are looking for a great balance between good academics and a true college experience, the University of Arkansas could be your future home. Woo Pig Sooie!

A'Vonte

I think the U of A is a great school overall. The faculty constantly shows their dedication to helping students learn and be their very best. Sports and greek like are huge here, and if you aren't interested or involved, you can feel very isolated. However, there are plenty of clubs and registered student organizations for all kinds of interests!

Noah

The University of Arkansas is an amazing school. For being a school in the SEC it brings in people from all over the country and world. Although it may be somewhat easy to get into the school itself has great academics, that lead to success after college.

Alyssa

The people and atmosphere are unlike anything I've ever experienced. It is the perfect college town, and I cannot wait to call it home next year. I plan on rushing and majoring in journalism, so hopefully I make plenty of friends up on the hill. Go hogs.

Kathy

Lack of faculty and availability in office hours. But it is a gorgeous and huge campus with beautiful buildings and great fun loving people.

Debbie

Welcome to the University of Arkansas where everyone calls the Hogs, Woo Pig Sooie! It's not just the students who are crazy about those pigs it's the whole state, and you can feel it on game day. On game day all of the people of Arkansas flood Fayetteville, AR and you can hear the packed stadium from miles away, or at least it felt that way. On game days leave your car at home! All of that being said you should take advantage of the student athletic pass, in 2014 it was around $80 and you could go see all of the football, basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, and all of the other sports you could want to see. The campus is very diverse but remember once you're off-campus you're in Wal-Mart land, which shouldn't necessarily deter you, since Fayetteville, AR has been in many top 10 places to live lists, in the past few years, and Fayetteville, AR is deserving of this title because of the cost of living ($350 for 1-bedroom in 2014), world class performing and fine art (TheatreSquared, and Crystal Bridges), and natural beauty (hiking, and rafting in the Ozarks). You should definitely give it a shot and put it on your list.

Kirstin

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at the U of A. Being a business student, you have access to so many corporations here in NWA. I highly encourage those looking at attending the U of A to also check out their fellowship scholarships as well as their out-of-state waiver. The staff is very friendly and engaging. Overall, a great experience.

Rebekah

Overall I am very grateful for my time here. However there are some factors that have made moments very unenjoyable. Some of these are cost of tuition, parking, and class offerings. The amount of money I have paid for this education is ridiculously expensive for the kind of education I have received. In my degree path most of my professors are so lazy they don’t follow through with their syllabus or even cancel class half the time we are scheduled to meet. I don’t believe the education I am receiving was worth acumulating over $100k in student loans. Another issue is the parking. On top of tuition and student fees, if you want to drive to campus you have to pay even more to park your car. And if you don’t pay for parking the ticket fees or towing of your vehicle are other expenses. Lastly with class offerings, it has created a headache for many students to finish their degrees. In my own experience, I have had to postpone many classes needed for graduation, because they run out of room or allow people who do not need the class to enroll into it, who may end up not taking it when the class they wanted opens up. It creates a never ending cycle that affects so many students and their enrollment process.