Baltimore, MD
University of Baltimore

Video courtesy of University of Baltimore.

Established in 1925, the University of Baltimore provides innovative education in business, public affairs, the applied liberal arts and sciences, and law to serve the needs of a diverse population in an urban setting. A public university, the University of Baltimore offers excellent teaching and a supportive community for undergraduate, graduate and professional students.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Baltimore

Fixed  rate loan

benjamin

My classmates are outgoing and friendly.

My classmates are outgoing and friendly.

I would contiue to work hard and look into colleges that specialize in my major. Be more involved with clubs and developed better study skills. I did not feel as though my senior year was as challenging as it could have been. If it would have been more challenging it may have prepared me better for college.

My school is very informative. Any time I have a question or concern there is always someone able to assist or instruct me in the right direction. The professors are available by email, office hours and phone which is great and they will set up appointments to discuss your situation. As a freshman, sometimes its uncomfortable to always be asking questions and recieving guidance. I don't feel that way here.

Danielle

The Law School and the new law school building.

The Law School and the new law school building.

While money and being able to support yourself and future family are surely main reasons for attending college, it is critical that you do not make these things the sole reasons for your career path. It is important that you study and eventually work in a field that you are passionate about. Once college is finished, those four years spent studying will feel miniscule compared to the thitry plus years you will spend in the workforce. If you dreaded only that little time spent learning, you surely will destate any work that relates to it. Try to find an area that you love and are willing to work in for the rest of your life. If it is lucrative --great, if not, at least you'll be able to spend your life being happy and doing what you love.

Arnelle

If I could go back to high school and speak to myself as a senior I would tell myself to never lose focus. During my senior year I began put very little effort into whatever I did. I consider this to be a mistake because I personally feel like it would have given me options on the schools I could have applied to if my grades were a little bit better than they already were. Many of us don’t take high school seriously which is a big mistake that I feel most of us teenagers make. I would also tell myself to be cautious if the decisions I make on picking my college that I’m attending. I was so focused on getting away from home and moving to another state to be away from everyone back at home, that I didn’t look at all my options. We’re all given options, but it’s up to us to make the right choices.

I wish i had known alot about this school before i came. This includes me wishing that i knew that this school didnt have campus dorms. They give you options of finding apartments near the school. given the fact that this school is a commuter school. Also they dont have a meal plan, they have nearby fast food places, and gives you many options. But i feel many students would save more money if they had a meal plan included with their tuition.

The school isnt like an average univerity, it doesnt offer a meal plan.

Robert

it offers flexible 10 week program with core classes being offered on saturdays and online, very informed instructors with very good resumes.

i would tell my self to start planning on careere path that i would have like to pursue and put my weight behind it, i would have spend more time in the library instead of detention or being suspended from school and may be that way i would be done with school by now

i wish i knew about this program before wasting my time a t the community college.

They are diverse, motivated, opinionated (in a good way) and never boring.

They are diverse, motivated, opinionated (in a good way) and never boring.

UB is near so many cool places in the city of Baltimore such as the Inner Harbor, Lyric Opera House, museums, etc. The campus is made up of different buildings surrounded by an urban area with eateries, stores, and a Starbucks every time you turn around! The Student Center is a great place to study, hang out, or just play a video game to unwind. UB is even better than I'd anticipated it would be and I really love attending this college.

I'd tell myself to persevere even though classes can be tough and a schedule packed with classes and two part time jobs can be truly stressful. All of the effort and hard work is worth it as you get closer and closer to your college degree. Also, beyond the degree, it's worth it to learn just for the sake of broadening your horizons and gaining knowledge. No class, no matter how tedious it may seem some days, is ever a waste of time. Each professor, each lesson, has something you can use to grow and improve yourself. Take advantage of every educational opportunity and be grateful for the doors that open to you. Not everyone gets to go to college, so make the most of it.

jeanette

I go to Towson University, the drop down tab did not have this school so I had to pick the school that is linked with Towson. Towson is a good school to attend, however, you really have to study to get good grades. best of luck,

some students are not really willing to help others.

Najha

My class mates are intellegent and resourceful scholars

I would say start apply for financial aid earlier that January. There are thousands of resources and organizations that offer scholarships.

shay

The best thing about this school is when you walk in, you an tell the students are serious. My first time visiting the campus I pointed out about eight study groups. This was rare to me because the school I transferred from was nothing like this. You can tell the students really want to learn and their professionalism is outstanding.

Going into my first years of college, I have gained a stronger sense of pride for myself. Attending college has taught me to always reach my greatest potential, set goals, and never give up. I would stay dedicated and focused no matter how hard life gets and no matter how stressful. Being the only person in my household to go to college has pushed me to want more for myself. I never want to struggle, worry, or be unhappy with my career choice. One day I want to be able to have my degrees hanging on my wall and be confident in the choices I've made in school. If I have ever failed at anything, I have always gotten back up and tried again. Because of my motivations, I can proudly say, I have started out at Baltimore City Community College, but in the Spring I will be attending the University of Baltimore as an Interdisciplinary Studies Student. I am honored to say I will be studying three different areas; communications, criminal justice, and information technology. Being in college has taught me that no matter what, I can say I am proud of myself and what I have accomplished

The worst thing about this school is the surrounding traffic. I cannot afford a car so catching buses and crossing streetss to get to the campus can be a big hassle. The campus is located in the downtown area so there are many big businesses and rush hour traffic is a pain.

yenny

Great place to start your education and stay focus.

Great place to start your education and stay focus.

Attending University of Baltimore has build me into a more mature and organized person. It is the first time where I live on my own and in a different city. I once had to juggle school, two jobs, and my secretary position for the marketing club, family and friends. There have been many times I haven't achieve it all, but living the experience has shaped me into who I’m now. I now know how difficult life can get, but there are so many people and ways to help you get through it. It has been valuable to attend University of Baltimore because of the courses I have taken and the effect they had on me. I'm outspoken now, able to do research on my own and have helped the community as well. I stand tall now, knowing what I want to achieve in my life and University of Baltimore has been a major impact to my growth. My college experience will stay with me forever. Everything I have learned will help me throught-out my career and one day will influence others to better themselves or help others do so.

How small it really is! This school also need much more diversity and groups to join. I liked how flexible the school is with class schedule but this also keeps the students away from the school. This school is much more for people who are working full time and have a busy life. It was just recent when they began to do more on campus events and reach out to student involvement.

Orlando

A rich environment with Professors who are committed and caring for working students.

The one on one opportunities to know the Professors personally. The on-going relationship upon graduation. I am now an Adjunct Professor at the same place.

What I received is not tangeable but it has provoked the slumbering mind I once held so vigoursly. I was a poor student in high school with little interest in what it had to offer. My attitude was it did not matter what I knew as long as I knew what I needed for the moment. After receiving my masters, my thurst for knowledge has been on-going as I have found the window of opportunity in education.. Hence, what I have gotten is the new person that I have become and an opportunity to grow beyond my own limitations and a person that has been able to give more to the society in which I have become a willing participant.

University of Baltimore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.