Baltimore, MD
University of Baltimore

Video courtesy of University of Baltimore.

Established in 1925, the University of Baltimore provides innovative education in business, public affairs, the applied liberal arts and sciences, and law to serve the needs of a diverse population in an urban setting. A public university, the University of Baltimore offers excellent teaching and a supportive community for undergraduate, graduate and professional students.

View the Full Summary

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Baltimore

Fixed  rate loan

If I could go back in time to high school and talk to myself, I would have done a few things differently. Knowing what I know about college life and making the transition, my advice to myself would be to take things more seriously. I would have ceased every opportunity I could to make myself a better candidate for collegel. I would have participated in more extracurricular activities to become more rounded person; such as Student Government Association (SGA), the school newspaper, and maybe I would have run for an official spot on the Student Council Board( like treasurer). I took two college courses while I was in high school, I wish that I would have taken more because I could have been further ahead when I began in 2006. My biggest regret is not taking full advantage of many of the opportunities presented to me.

If I could go back in time to high school and talk to myself, I would have done things differently. Knowing what I know now about college life , my advice to myself would be to take things more seriously. I would have ceased every opportunity I could to make myself a better candidate for collegel. I would have participated in more extracurricular activities to become more rounded person. I took two college courses while I was in high school, I wish that I would have taken more because I could have been further ahead when I began in 2006.

When I tell my friends about my school, I mostly brag about how my school has a great reputation and how my school accepted all of my credits from the previous college I attended.

Daniel

Business and Law with specialization in information systems, databases and design.

Self - as a high school senior knowing what I know today, I suggest this: 1. Focus and investigate the subject (s) that you wish to major in 2. Any weak subjects needed in your major, get remedial assistance or practice skills prior to entering school 3. Go to first student orientation, manage finances, get help from professors, counselors and students. 4. Continue to be able to cope with stress and don't "bit more then you can chew". 5. Continue to shape your future in the direction you wish to go in and no matter what you become later, and what you may accomplish, you will reflect on your college years as a time you developed your potential.

Focused, with no non-sense. A person who knows who they are, where they need to go and looking for the ways to get them there.

Aaron

I would tell myself to quit messing around. And tell myself that I really need to start looking for what I really want to do with the rest of my life. Because if you dont your really going to be confused and your going to panic and do something your really going to regret. And thats all i would tell myself. I really think that would of helped me alot.

Chloe

Its a very good academic school with great potential coming.

Its a very good academic school with great potential coming.

My classmates are all indivuduals in there own way.

Honestly, If I had the chance to go back to my high school senior days, I would have a serious conversation with myself explaining to myself about what the future would bring. I would explain to myself that If I would join one of the many academic clubs in my high school, it would look better on my college applications. Also, I would tell myself to just do better than what I did as a senior even though I got A's and B's, I would work harder to get all straight A's. I would have applied to different Univeristies that would accomedate to my specific major instead of me changing my major in the future. I would just tell myself in the past to just to continue to work hard and to pace myself and to do the best that I can as a high school senior and to have the utmost fun in the process.

Araina

Araina, this is your future self talking, stop goofing around in Algebra because you really do NEED it! Stay in percussion ensemble and enjoy it because you need an extracurricular activity to put on your college application. Yes, you're almost done with school but you have so many more years of it ahead of you, and you need to learn as much as you can. Drink a little coffee here and there, so that you can be less sleepy and more productive. It won't kill you! Actually read your textbooks; you'll need to develop good reading and studying skills in just a few months. And, lastly, slow down on the junk food. Not only does it do a number on your figure but it also kills what little energy you have. You can do it! I have faith in us!

I wish I had known to join study groups! Boy was this semester more challenging than the ones I had completed at CCBC (the nearby community college)! Next semester, I'll know to study with others to make the grade rather than tyring it alone. I'm sure it'll make for a better overall college experience.

I think anybody can attend the University of Baltimore. Anytime I need any assistance someone is always readily available to help me and resolve my issues. My instructors get back to me in a timely manner, and I don't feel like the course work is "too hard" for anyone to successfully complete. I thought I loved CCBC and never wanted to leave there but I'm feeling the same way about the University of Baltimore!

First, the University of Baltimore is best known for our Law School and Business School. Second, we are known for our small size and close academic relationships between students and professors. Lastly, UB also has the most diverse student population in Maryland with students from different cultures and all walks of life.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to put less emphasis on where I attend college. I constantly stressed out over what school I would attend and whether it would affect my life in different ways. In reality, it is not about where you attend but what you do with the information and knowledge you gain from the college. College is about strengthening your skills and intelligence to apply those skills after graduation. As long as you apply yourself and dedicate the right amount of time and effort to school, you will be successful in any setting. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be saving more money to help pay for college. One never really understands how difficult paying for school can be until the time comes to do so. Student loans are helpful; however, it can be quite a burden to bear after graduation, especially in today's economy where jobs for graduates are scarce. I would have saved more money to ease such a burden during and after college.

I brag about the size of the school and the close relationships I have with students with whom I interact. I also brag about the diversity within the school. Being the most diverse university in Maryland, I have the opportunity to interacts with many different types of people of different cultures. It has been a truly gratifying learning experience, not only academically but also socially. I am proud to be a student at UB.

Ned

Visit all the possible colleges you could reach and do your research before making your selection.

A person who is down-to-earth, honest and real about themselves and their dreams.

My college is a friendly and socially active environment to be surrounded by.

University of Baltimore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.