Bridgeport, CT
University of Bridgeport

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Bridgeport

Juwan

The University O f Bridgeport is a favorable school for those who can find opportunities to succeed within the campus. Its a small school but it has strong supporting community of students and faculty. Like any other college in order to you have to go out and make your own experiences. However UB does a wonderful job at putting up signs for events to bring people together. Their academics is top-notch and most professors do their best to help the students succeed in their studies. There are also opportunities set up for students to get hands on experience for the careers early. Helping students on the path to their career is just one of the may perks that UB offers. Also the food is decent and gives you a variety but learn to cook before you come its honestly necessary. Overall UB is a great school, with a great environment and unique people. Its a great school to go to if your looking to find yourself and make the best out of life. UB YOU KNOW!!!!

Alexis

The University of Bridgeport may be known for the diversity of its student population, but it is also known for its high tuition, less-than-satisfactory on-campus housing, and disappointing dining. There is often confusion among the residents as to where all the funds go; it is obvious they are not being used to install air conditioning in all the dorms, improve dining options on campus, or renovate the aging classrooms. UB is home to the Fones' School of Dental Hygiene-- the program I am enrolled in-- and the top of the line classrooms and state of the art clinic are a clear indication that a lot of attention (and money) has been poured into this major. While I am a thankful beneficiary, it leaves other majors lacking. Student life is what you make of it. There are few interesting activities promoted on campus, and many of the intriguing events require payment. One event UB does right, however, is the Fair held every Spring and Fall at the Ped Mall. The University provides food trucks, bouncy houses, games, and customized memorabilia--all for free! Essentially, a student's experience at the University of Bridgeport will be what they make of it. Getting involved in athletics, clubs, and finding a group of friends will render great social satisfaction. As far as dining goes... well, allow me to introduce you to Easy Mac.

Kazuri

University of Bridgeport is a interesting school. It very diverse but also some how segregated. Bridgeport has many different cultures, Americans of all races as well as culture outside the USA such as middle eastern, Chinese, Korean, Indian, and West African. It nice to have a school so diverse, learning different cultures and the way they do things. At the same time though everyone sticks to their own culture never really mixing together. The classes at the University of Bridgeport are pretty good. All the professors I had have been good with their teaching. The events on campus are fun to attend be prepare to pay a fee, which I think you can expect at any college. The food is decent the like to repeat some of the meal choices which gets a little bit tiring. Overall University of Bridgeport is what you make it.

Brandon

The University of Bridgeport was NOT my first choice school at all from the moment I applied to the moment I actually got in. When I decided to come here I knew very few people but that changed quickly. As a freshman here I met so many people every single day so the social setting is not bad at all at this university. When you do get here and decide to mingle you have to find the right crowd for yourself because college is nothing like high school. There are no "cool kids" just people who are here to get some form of an education and have fun while doing it! When it comes to academics, depending on your major you don't have time to slack because most Professors wont tolerate the juvenile non sense that you would get away with in high school. As long as you manage your time well with your studies and work while having fun on the side, your college experience will be one to remember!! As of the options for food on campus the dining halls food is not the best but it will get you through both semesters. There are also other options on campus such as the Starbucks, Fresh Tossed, and the Hub which all offer different things to eat and drink at the price of your dining dollars. That would be my complete review of the University of Bridgeport. Now that I am here I can not picture myself in any other school. As long as you follow these things you will come to have the best college ecperience.

Ayesha
A Review of UB

A Review of UB

UB students are among the most driven and hardworking students in America. Students study hard in order to succeed both in and out of the classroom setting. Going to UB is one of the best choices I have ever made, not only is the campus diverse but the academics offered are beyond amazing.

Marcel

The school is best known for it's good graphic designing and some other majors.

The school is best known for it's good graphic designing and some other majors.

If i could go back in time i would tell myself to actually study and learn time management now because it will definitely be needed, also keep furthering and believing in your ambitions because no one else you tell isn't going to give you positivity towards it. I will also tell myself to keep an open mind and keep thinking ahead. The most important advice i would tell myself is to not waste a whole bunch of money on food and be prepared and don't stress about the work as much because college isn't what it's all hyped up to be.

I don't think anything is bad about the school except for the fact that it isn't gated but that's just my opinion.

Jahi

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior about college, I would tell myself to be prepared. College is a whole lot different then high school. Also, I would tell myself not to be afraid. College is alot of work, but its not hard, your capable of doing everything they throw at you. You also get a lot of freedom, but with that freedom you recieve, comes responsibility. No one is going to tell you what you need to do, its all up to you. Lastly, i would tell myself that if you just stick to your work and do what you have to do,you can accomplish anything you do while your in college. You didnt get this far for nothing.

The best thing about my school is that it is fairly small. I enjoy the fact that its small because you could never get lost and its easier to get to classes. Its a lot faster and there should be no reason for why someone is late for class, unless they're on a team and cant go beacause they have a game.

If students are looking for a big campus, then this university isn't the one you would want to attend. It is also a private university which happens to be beside the ocean. This means that it gets very cold during the winter time and if your not fond of any cold weather, this isn't the university for you.

Sasha

This school is extremely diverse.You meet people across the country and across the world.

If you think you know everything about life, guess again. College is the time where you truly find yourself. After only completing one year of college, I see how much I have changed. I have become more independent and I have discovered that the number one person I need to please is myself. Try new things. If you do not like something, that is okay because you can start over. The senior quote that you choose for the yearbook will continue to withstand throughout college and proably for the rest of your life. "If at first youdon't succeed, dust yourself off and try again," Aaliyah. You are going to make mistakes because you are human. Never forget that. Learn from your mistakes and never give up.Try and fail and try again. When times get difficult just remember it will all be worth it in the end. Be prepeared for some long nights of studying and writting papers. You procrastinated all throughout high school and that proabbly won' t change in college. Just get it done. Do not get discouraged and you will do fine.

This school is not designed as a typical campus. It has a unique layout and it is located right by the Long Island Sound. So, a walk to the Beach is a quick trip.

Daquan

The advice that I would give myself is to continue to work hard and not stop for no one. I would also tell myself to retake the SATs so that I wouldn't have to take remedial classes.

University of Bridgeport administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.